Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBmustloseweight View Post
Day 2 for me. Day 1 was good until after dinner when I was STARVING!!! But I pushed through it! Feeling great today!
Good for you pushing through! I know that the first week is the hardest, but soon it will be easy. Did you eat all 8oz of your protein? Drink all your H2O? Did you eat your snack after dinner and before bed? You can also have cucumbers, celery, lettuce, and dill pickles for a snack or get that hunger feeling. I also find that if I start to feel hungry and I have eaten all my food and drank all my water I go work on a project. An example for me would be to work on one of my quilting/sewing projects. I hope this helps. Hang in there, you can do it!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie2888 View Post
Your sig looks good!
Thank you Cherie.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 191/138/142

Height: 5' 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky monkey View Post
I'm frustrated because I'm halfway through my second week OP and haven't lost a thing this week. Actually gained 0.4. I lost 5lbs the first week. I have never cheated. I drink way more water than needed due to always being thirsty. I due have ketones in my urine ( I checked). Can some people not even have the restricted items? I know just one a day. Sometimes I have been forgetting my last ideal protein supplement cause I'm just not hungry. Help! I have 3 birthday celebrations this coming up this week and feel it's not fair cause I'm not cheating but I am not losing.
PLEASE stay with me! You need to have faith that this will work! Some days I have no loss then the "whoosh fairy" comes...stick with it, you will!!!!! Some people say some weeks there will be no weight loss but they will lose inches. I know its hard not to get discouraged because I have been there several days too but dont lose hope....we're in this together!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 191/138/142

Height: 5' 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
I wanted to see how my signature ticker looked.
LOL....got mine today too, seems like a mini milestone in and of itself
Old 04-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
Early start to the day. Woke up at 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep. A nap is on the agenda today. I am giving my son a ride to work this morning so I am going to go straight to the Market and get so me painting done on a couple furniture pieces I have been working on.

started the Novi Cleanse yesterday. According to instructions this will be a two week program, so I will be done in time for my next WI.

I just realized that I have only been OP for 7 weeks and I averaged a loss of just over 3lbs per week. My goal was to lose 100% of my weight by the official opening of the Artisan Market. I have 18 days and 5 lbs to go.
Great job you are very close to goal!! Enjoy your nap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
I'm on day 4 of P3 and I'm already wishing it never would end. I really feel like I could eat like this for the long term. Late morning used to always be a hungry period for me, but I'm finding I stay full now until lunchtime, and even then I'm not ravenously hungry! I'm still doing my snack in the mid-afternoon since I don't stay up that late at night, and that seems to be working. I'm also glad to be eliminating soy from my diet after everything I've been reading lately, and it feels good to be getting back to a more balanced diet.

Hang in there everyone. If I can do it, you can, too! And the rewards are so worth it. *You* are worth it.
I am so looking forward to hitting goal and P3 breakfast. Congratulations you are an amazing inspiration!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
I'm on day 2 of Phase 2. Can't wait to go out and eat a steak somewhere and not have a packet. Now I can't wait for phase 3 LOL
I hear you! Getting so close to P2 and P3 I can nearly taste it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I too could eat like this forever....I too used to get quite hungry mid morning but now the breakfast holds me through well past lunch time. I too am eating my snack in the afternoon as I'm not hungry in the evening. So I just had my WI and down a couple from last week. The clinic I go to asked me if they could use my before and after pictures but I'm not sure if I want to do that. My after picture is great but after seeing my before picture.....not sure I want to do it lol. They said I would get $100 in IP products if I let them. We'll see.

Great job!! I think is is an honor to have them ask. What an inspiration for others. (and the free product doesn't hurt either). Be proud of your accomplishment, you worked hard for it.

Good morning everyone!

I peeked out side my window and it snowed again overnight, I don't know about anyone else but my 'winter' seems to be dragging through my spring.

Other than that it seems like a good day, headache from the last few days is gone and just thinking about my day and how late I work. Figuring I should have dinner before going to work and then my snack at work and lunch when I get home. mmm well dinner first anyway, I know I won't feel like cooking that late.

Everyone have a great OP day!
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
I too am ready for winter to let go of spring!!! I want warm!! Glad your headache is gone.

Quote:
I wanted to see how my signature ticker looked.
Looking Good!

Quote:
Day 2 for me. Day 1 was good until after dinner when I was STARVING!!! But I pushed through it! Feeling great today!
Hang in there the hunger will pass and be a distant memory!! You've got this!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
I just realized that I have only been OP for 7 weeks and I averaged a loss of just over 3lbs per week. My goal was to lose 100% of my weight by the official opening of the Artisan Market. I have 18 days and 5 lbs to go.
You've got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
So one week done on P3 and I've finally become a 'breakfast person' lol. I never liked eating in the morning before but I've gotten used to it and....love it now. One more week of P3 and I'm moving on to maintenance....woot woooot.
Good to hear! I was never a breakfast person either and a shake has become my norm. P3 breakfast sound like soo much food! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
*You* are worth it.
Ain't that the truth!!

Quote:
Way to power through! It gets better, stick with it!!

WI for me this morning was down a pound. I've been way more active this week: moving file boxes to storage at work and spring cleanup in the yard at home shoveling doggie presents My muscle mass was up and fat was down, I'll take it! And clothes are fitting better
Old 04-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Week 1 WI today and down 5.4 lbs! At first I was disappointed thinking it should be more but pulled myself outta the negative boat and realized how awesome 5 lbs is! So far everything is going well, still not hungry and forcing myself to eat though. Definitely got the side effect of sluggish BMs so wonder if once I get that fixed it will be better! Looking forward to week 2!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #38  
Started IP 11/28/12

To everyone who's feeling a little down about their weight loss - please remember that this program works. Don't give up. You have so much support here and so many people willing to walk you through the down times.

We all have them.

Hang in there. Especially as women - we have these hormones that like to play tricks on our bodies so it can really effect our weight loss. I know a week before TOM visits that I gain muscle weight (water retention), but the after TOM leave I lose it. It will even out, but if you can log it each month where those ups and downs are, you'll be less likely to be frustrated when it happens because you'll know exactly why it's happening.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #39  
Started IP: 4/10/13

S/C/G: 219/209/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Good for you pushing through! I know that the first week is the hardest, but soon it will be easy. Did you eat all 8oz of your protein? Drink all your H2O? Did you eat your snack after dinner and before bed? You can also have cucumbers, celery, lettuce, and dill pickles for a snack or get that hunger feeling. I also find that if I start to feel hungry and I have eaten all my food and drank all my water I go work on a project. An example for me would be to work on one of my quilting/sewing projects. I hope this helps. Hang in there, you can do it!
Thanks! I just went to bed. Haha. I had all my food and 115 ounces of water (ate a lot of spicy foods!) gonna have a pickle in the future! Thanks!
Old 04-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 222/192/165

Height: 5'9"

Still hanging in an losing.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #41  

Cool Questions, Questions, and more Questions.

Okay you IP Pros out there, I have a few questions about some different foods and ingredients to shake meals up a bit.

Kale is like lettuce but is it limited to 4 cups a day?

Do any of you use canned diced tomatoes to make a sauce? How do you count that towards your restricted vegetables? What about paste?

I have seen recipes that split a IP protein pack and then read to eat 1/2 of another protein pack to get all 3 complete protein packs in one day? Thoughts? Is this okay?

I have seen several recipes that use milk or veggie cheese. Are these ingredients okay to use on phase 1? Once a week?

Where can I find sugar free syrup flavors like for coffee and such that do not contain aspartame in them?

Ummmmmmmmm. I cannot think of anything else to ask at the moment, but I am sure something will pop into my head. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #42  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingitDeb View Post
Still hanging in an losing.
We should have clipped our toenails before WI, then we'd be in ONEderland!!! I'm down another 4lbs, sooo happy. And I decided to change clinics, this one seems more informed and the boxes are $5 cheaper.
On a more somber note, has anyone had kidney problems on IP? I'm going to have to go for tests as I'm having "flank" pain. My chiro suspects it might be kidneys since it happened to me on Atkins 15yrs ago. Darn!!!
So body, you want me to chose between two organs huh?? kidneys vs pancreas....hmmm.
Hope I'm wrong, cause I'm NOT getting off this diet.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #43  

Quote:
Okay you IP Pros out there, I have a few questions about some different foods and ingredients to shake meals up a bit.

Kale is like lettuce but is it limited to 4 cups a day?

Do any of you use canned diced tomatoes to make a sauce? How do you count that towards your restricted vegetables? What about paste?

I have seen recipes that split a IP protein pack and then read to eat 1/2 of another protein pack to get all 3 complete protein packs in one day? Thoughts? Is this okay?

I have seen several recipes that use milk or veggie cheese. Are these ingredients okay to use on phase 1? Once a week?

Where can I find sugar free syrup flavors like for coffee and such that do not contain aspartame in them?

Ummmmmmmmm. I cannot think of anything else to ask at the moment, but I am sure something will pop into my head. Thank you in advance.
1. Kale is a veggie, measure as a veggie (spinach, too, according to the P1 sheet. Not all greens are "lettuce"

2. I make chili with tomatoes. I just measure EVERYTHING so I know how much is there. I don't do a lot of limited veggies so didn't worry about it too much

3. recipes: I'll have half of one & half of another sometimes. some people even mix meat and packets & figure it all comes out evenly throughout the day. If it works for you, fine. If not, know it isn't technically the way the plan is designed (remember, plan is designed to be EASY...)

4. Veggie cheese is not technically okay on P1.
1 oz of skim milk is on the P1 sheet daily for coffee
Again, some folks make "tweaks". Some people have more luck with the tweaks than others.
My thoughts: can I live without it temporarily?

5. Sugar free syrups: Torani is splenda sweetened. I get it at World Market
Old 04-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #44  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

randygrl

Kale is limited to 4 cups a day

I measure the sauce and diced tomatoes just like I would fresh tomatoes. I'm not sure if that is correct or not, but I only do this once every couple of weeks or so.

I'm not sure what IP's stance is on the splitting of packets, but I have done it before.

Milk and veggie cheese are not approved for phase 1. I've used veggie cheese sparingly in the past, only 1-2 tbsp at a time. I haven't done it in a while because that small amount didn't add much flavor and wasn't worth it to me.

World Market, Amazon, netrition.com and Walmart all have the sugar free syrups. Google Torani or DaVinci syrups to find them.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #45  
Started IP: 3/20/2013

S/C/G: 292.6/254.2/190

Height: 6'2"

3rd WI today. This weekend (Sat. and Sun.), was traveling into a remote area, and believe or not, couldn't get veggies w/o going 30+ miles. And I didn't find that out until Sat. at 9pm. I don't shop on Sunday, so I just went without.

I think that may have affected my weight loss, but I don't know if it was a big deal, or will hit me later by losing muscle or something. Any ideas? In any case, onward!
Closed Thread