3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   jay robb protein okay as alternative/potassium (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/279466-jay-robb-protein-okay-alternative-potassium.html)

inot700 04-10-2013 12:03 PM

jay robb protein okay as alternative/potassium

Hello, today is day one for me. Cant afford cost to be 100 percent ideal protein dieter. I do have the vitamins.....my question is I have jay robb whey protein. I liked it used stevia..and less costly....however I am wondering if taking it three times a day is ok with this diet.?????..it has 25 gm. protein per 30g, 110 calories, 0 calories from fat, total fat 0, cholesterol 0, sodium 150mg, POTASSIUM 390mg, total CARBS 1g, fiber 0, sugar 0, vitamin a 0, vitamin c 0, calcium 30mg, iron 0...it has good amino acids....WHEY is whey protein isolate...I have all IP supplements...so im concerned I may be taking too much of something..like potassium and protein.thank u in advance and good luck to u all. I miss pray god helps me with this diet, willpower. This forum is a godsend!

ragdoll74 04-10-2013 01:20 PM

The protein, fat, calories, carbs and sugar all look like they would work as a non-restricted substitute.

Sorry, I can't answer the potasium question.

Have you checked out the alternatives for phase 1 thread? There are a lot of products out there that you can substitute for the IP one's. Some of my favorites that I order from nashua nutrition are the proti thin, healthsmart and proti diet items. I also really like the quest bars.

inot700 04-10-2013 08:20 PM

Thanks ragdol!l, ill keep trying to get info on potassium and safety with dose in powder plus supplements

lisa32989 04-11-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inot700 (Post 4700895)
Hello, today is day one for me. Cant afford cost to be 100 percent ideal protein dieter. I do have the vitamins.....my question is I have jay robb whey protein. I liked it used stevia..and less costly....however I am wondering if taking it three times a day is ok with this diet.?????..it has 25 gm. protein per 30g, 110 calories, 0 calories from fat, total fat 0, cholesterol 0, sodium 150mg, POTASSIUM 390mg, total CARBS 1g, fiber 0, sugar 0, vitamin a 0, vitamin c 0, calcium 30mg, iron 0...it has good amino acids....WHEY is whey protein isolate...I have all IP supplements...so im concerned I may be taking too much of something..like potassium and protein.thank u in advance and good luck to u all. I miss pray god helps me with this diet, willpower. This forum is a godsend!

A serving of that looks like it is more protein and more than twice the potassium
So if you used it, you'd want to use reduce the serving amount.
The problem is, if you reduce the protein, then the calories are skewed (too low)
I like the idea of stevia-sweetened, as well!
I know some folks on alts have used it in the past b/c I saw it mentioned on old alt threads. I agree with you, however, that this particular product may not match-up well if you're trying to mimic IP products.
Since others have used it, it sure looks like calorie-wise it works. You can give it a try and see how it goes...

workingit50 04-11-2013 11:30 PM

Lisa-- thanks for re-posting IP Protocols all phases. I am really excited to look through as I begin to transition to alternatives shortly.