Ketosis

• How do you know if you've knocked yourself out? I havnt lost or gained in almost. 3 weeks I'm stuck loosing the last 5 pounds now. 135 originally 175 at Christmas
  • Quote: How do you know if you've knocked yourself out? I havnt lost or gained in almost. 3 weeks I'm stuck loosing the last 5 pounds now. 135 originally 175 at Christmas
    You may have reached the point where your body is ready to stop. Have you had your doctor measure your body fat %? If the fat isn't there to lose (And don't forget - jiggly areas may just be loose skin from the fat loss that need to have the muscles toned up underneath) then the scale isn't going to budge. How tall are you, and what is your build? I am 5'8 and small-ish boned, but I am curvy and busty by nature - at 157-159lbs I am able to comfortably maintain my weight, if I tried to go any lower I would have to practically starve myself in maintenance and exercise like a fiend, plus I'm comfortably in a size 8 so I decided to stop at this weight.
  • I'm 5'2. I still have a belly and i don't think it's all skin still fatty when I grab it lol. My coach doesn't have a fat machine or do I have to actually go to the doctor for that stuff? Maybe ill ask my coaches opinion tonight about it

Quote: You may have reached the point where your body is ready to stop. Have you had your doctor measure your body fat %? If the fat isn't there to lose (And don't forget - jiggly areas may just be loose skin from the fat loss that need to have the muscles toned up underneath) then the scale isn't going to budge. How tall are you, and what is your build? I am 5'8 and small-ish boned, but I am curvy and busty by nature - at 157-159lbs I am able to comfortably maintain my weight, if I tried to go any lower I would have to practically starve myself in maintenance and exercise like a fiend, plus I'm comfortably in a size 8 so I decided to stop at this weight.
  • Quote: How do you know if you've knocked yourself out? I havnt lost or gained in almost. 3 weeks I'm stuck loosing the last 5 pounds now. 135 originally 175 at Christmas
    Even if you're not in ketosis, you will lose weight if you're at a calorie deficit. And if you're staying OP, there's really no way you would not be in ketosis. That said, it does become harder to lose weight toward the end. Are you exercising and perhaps adding muscle? Are you drinking enough water? I stalled for a bit toward the end, and now that I finally moved to P3 I'm actually still losing weight. Weight loss is not linear and sometimes you just need to be patient.

(Oh, and I wouldn't bother with one of the scales that measure body fat. They're not accurate. In any event, the bottom line is in how you feel.)
  • Do you feel thirsty all the time or have a metallic taste in your mouth?

I agree with the above that unless you are cheating it is hard to fall out of ketosis.

You can buy Ketostix over the counter and they will tell you. 50 sticks was $12 at Target.
  • Quote: Do you feel thirsty all the time or have a metallic taste in your mouth?

I agree with the above that unless you are cheating it is hard to fall out of ketosis.

You can buy Ketostix over the counter and they will tell you. 50 sticks was $12 at Target.
    FYI
    Ketostix have mixed results, especially the longer we're on the IP plan. Our bodies get more efficient at processing ketones.
  • Quote: Do you feel thirsty all the time or have a metallic taste in your mouth?

To add to Lisa's answer... Once your body is used to being ketosis, not only to the Keto stix not work, you wouldn't have the metallic taste either.
  • My coach said I'm Proboly at where my body wants to be. On to phase 3 40 pounds since Christmas