Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 05:34 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 4/8/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #2  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

Good morning all! Wishing everyone a fabulous week.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #3  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! We had a huge estate/garage sale this weekend and also sold most of the furniture we're not planning on taking with us when we move. It feels so good to have that behind us! We put several boxes of of clothing and household goods out for charity pickup this morning, and we're hoping there will be something left by the time they actually come to pick it up. I can't believe how tacky people can be. People walking by obviously have rummaged through the boxes and taken a number of items although they are clearly marked as not being trash. Oh well ... Guess they felt they needed it more. Really makes me wonder about people ...

Since I finally had some time to take a breath yesterday evening vs. running in circles like I have so much lately, I decided to go to the food store and stock up on Phase 3 breakfast items. I've been at or under my goal weight for a few weeks now (I've decided my original goal was the right one), but have been putting off transitioning to P3 since I had so much else going on. Well, this morning I had my first (very yummy!!) P3 breakfast of a "skinny Egg McMuffin," Greek yogurt, strawberries, and coffee w/ almond milk. I can tell already that I'm going to enjoy this phase!! I have several days next week when I'll be traveling that may be a bit of a challenge, but by then I should be an old hand at whipping up these breakfasts (I hope!).

Hope you all have a great day and it's a start to another successful OP week!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Good morning.. hope everyone stay op today.. I am having a rough time not wanting "real" food these last 2 days.. but have stayed op....hope it passes...
Old 04-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Since I finally had some time to take a breath yesterday evening vs. running in circles like I have so much lately, I decided to go to the food store and stock up on Phase 3 breakfast items. I've been at or under my goal weight for a few weeks now (I've decided my original goal was the right one), but have been putting off transitioning to P3 since I had so much else going on. Well, this morning I had my first (very yummy!!) P3 breakfast of a "skinny Egg McMuffin," Greek yogurt, strawberries, and coffee w/ almond milk. I can tell already that I'm going to enjoy this phase!! I have several days next week when I'll be traveling that may be a bit of a challenge, but by then I should be an old hand at whipping up these breakfasts (I hope!).

Hope you all have a great day and it's a start to another successful OP week![/QUOTE]

Good Morning! and congrats!!!

I as well will be starting phase 3 on wednesday, WI tomorrow, but my home
scale says I'm at under goal, so I know my Coach will give me the go ahead.
Alittle nervous about all the food, want to keep it simple, gonna shop tonight
to prepare. I just dont have alot of time in the morning, never ate big breakfast before and a shake was great to make and go. Gonna have to really
get prepared I guess.
Your egg mcmuffin etc looks good, I'm not a dairy eater though so gonna
have to have a discussion with my coach about that, ugh!
Wish me luck!
Have a great day everyone!!!

D
Old 04-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #6  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Good morning! We had a huge estate/garage sale this weekend and also sold most of the furniture we're not planning on taking with us when we move. It feels so good to have that behind us! We put several boxes of of clothing and household goods out for charity pickup this morning, and we're hoping there will be something left by the time they actually come to pick it up. I can't believe how tacky people can be. People walking by obviously have rummaged through the boxes and taken a number of items although they are clearly marked as not being trash. Oh well ... Guess they felt they needed it more. Really makes me wonder about people ...

Hope you all have a great day and it's a start to another successful OP week!
I've had that happen before too where I put stuff out for a charity to pick up and it was gone before they got there. Now if I have anything I make sure I am home when they are scheduled to pick it up so they will get it. Although, I guess those that took must have felt they needed it more

I too am enjoying my phase 3 breakfasts! I started on Friday and I LOVE this phase!!!

Happy Monday everyone. It's a short day of work for me as I need to leave early as my hubby and I are having a 'date night' tonight. He got hockey tickets (he's a huge Leafs fan) so we are heading to the game tonight. Should be fun.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #7  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRegan View Post

Good Morning! and congrats!!!

I as well will be starting phase 3 on wednesday, WI tomorrow, but my home
scale says I'm at under goal, so I know my Coach will give me the go ahead. A little nervous about all the food, want to keep it simple, gonna shop tonight to prepare. I just dont have alot of time in the morning, never ate big breakfast before and a shake was great to make and go. Gonna have to really get prepared I guess.

Your egg mcmuffin etc looks good, I'm not a dairy eater though so gonna
have to have a discussion with my coach about that, ugh! Wish me luck!
Have a great day everyone!!!

D
Scorbett was kind enough to verify for me that the Weight Watcher's breakfast sandwich (egg, cheese, turkey Canadian bacon, muffin) could be incorporated easily into a P3 breakfast. I'll be having those and the Special K flatbreads when I'm rushed in the morning. I love yogurt so the dairy is easy for me. I've missed it so much the last few months!! I just add a bit of Truvia along with the sliced strawberries and it's wonderful!

When you list everything separately it sounds like a lot of food, but if you make a breakfast sandwich and then have some fruit and Greek yogurt it's not really all that much food. (That said, I am fuller than I've been in ages!) On mornings when I have a little more time, I'll be making my own breakfast sandwiches for the most part. I do have to say, though, that the leftover pizza my DH had in the fridge staring back at me this morning looked like a tempting part of a possible P3 breakfast!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #8  

Morning everyone. Successful 8th WI Friday .. .down 3 pounds and another 2.5 inches. I stumbled on Saturday evening and the scale shows it but I'm picking up and moving on. Still battling this "blue" feeling a lot ...

Happy Monday!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #9  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

So happy with my week one weigh in.... Down 5.4 pounds & 4.5 inches.

Have a great OP day everyone!!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #10  

I forgot to mention that I pulled out my spring clothes this weekend .. excited to fit into everything that I could not fit into last year. I CAN'T FIT INTO THEM STILL!! I'm confused as to how I've lost 30 pounds and still have not gone down a size. Things are much more loose but I'm stuck wearing the baggy stuff for now. I know it will come off but that wasn't the shot in my ego I was hoping for!

Last edited by ecmcnamee; 04-08-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #11  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Happy day everyone!! Three weeks from today the Market opens, so it will be a busy three weeks.

I have WI tomorrow and may start phasing out, depending on the results of the WI.

Off to make my lunch and get to work. Lots to do!

I forgot, I may also be starting the Novi Cleanse this week. I will discuss it with my coach tomorrow.

Last edited by Donna Gel; 04-08-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Scorbett was kind enough to verify for me that the Weight Watcher's breakfast sandwich (egg, cheese, turkey Canadian bacon, muffin) could be incorporated easily into a P3 breakfast. I'll be having those and the Special K flatbreads when I'm rushed in the morning. I love yogurt so the dairy is easy for me. I've missed it so much the last few months!! I just add a bit of Truvia along with the sliced strawberries and it's wonderful!

When you list everything separately it sounds like a lot of food, but if you make a breakfast sandwich and then have some fruit and Greek yogurt it's not really all that much food. (That said, I am fuller than I've been in ages!) On mornings when I have a little more time, I'll be making my own breakfast sandwiches for the most part. I do have to say, though, that the leftover pizza my DH had in the fridge staring back at me this morning looked like a tempting part of a possible P3 breakfast!
I will be watching all of you closely and learning, as I am getting close to goal I am very nervous but excited to reach my goal and phase off. Any advice is greatly appreciated, not sure how long this will take as I seem to be a slower looser.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by De11s View Post
I will be watching all of you closely and learning, as I am getting close to goal I am very nervous but excited to reach my goal and phase off. Any advice is greatly appreciated, not sure how long this will take as I seem to be a slower looser.
The best advice I can give is to read through the Phase 3 breakfast thread and start lurking in the maintainer's thread - Phase 1 is the easy part! The more you have stuff in your wheelhouse ahead of time, the easier it will be to navigate P3 and beyond.

Good luck!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #14  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Back from my travels and I did initially struggle a little bit foodwise.

I was on plan all day the first day, but that night we went to a Cuban restaurant and there was absolutely nothing there I could eat. Seriously. And it was almost 11 p.m. and I was starving. I ordered the least worst option -- a shrimp dish with tomato sauce -- but didn't think to tell them not to bring the rice and beans (which I LOVE) and I couldn't resist them.

But, I learned a lesson.

The next morning at breakfast I ordered a veggie egg white omelet -- no tomatoes -- and asked them not to bring the toast and potatoes that came with it to the table. Got an extra glass and some decaf and mixed up a chocolate drink and all was good. I did that every morning from then on.

Then for the rest of the trip I ordered some variation of a salad, hold this, that and the other, but add some protein. Not a problem.

The last night we had sushi and I love sashimi so I ordered some garlic broccoli and a sashimi platter and went to town. Gave the rice to one of my dinner companions.

We did a LOT of walking -- so much so that my legs, ankles and feet hurt one night, but I'm sure that helped me.

I weighed this a.m. and I am down a half pound and I go to WI tonight (though that will be after a day of eating), but I love that I was able to figure out how to live in the world and make better food choices. And I was with someone who ate french toast, fine dark chocolates, cupcakes, cookies etc. and I never once felt like I was missing out.

Most importantly I tried on clothes and bought some cute dresses from a regular store! I'm wearing one now.

All in all it was a great trip!

Last edited by Desafinado; 04-08-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

Grrr.....I weighed myself this morning and realized that my scale is JUNK!!! I weighed 5 times and had 5 different numbers-within a 10 pound range!!!!
So I have no idea how much I really weigh, or how much I have actually been losing. I don't measure anymore.
Oh well, I guess I'll be buying a new scale soon.

Happy OP day to everyone.
I cannot wait until phase 3 to start eating dairy and fruit. At what weight do you move onto phase 2???
Closed Thread