Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #31  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

I say YES to new clothes. You deserve some well-fitting, fresh clothes that show off all the work you've done.

IMHO, a lot of people who lose weight don't realize that their clothes aren't fitting as well as they should (e.g. they wear smaller pants, but the pants still are droopy in the bottom). People know they weigh less, but they don't seem to know how to size/fit their clothes to their new body. (My immediate family has a lost a lot of weight and I go around telling them all, your pants are droopy/saggy -- a good problem to have!)

-------------------------------

Had my 4th week weigh in today and got a great surprise, -5.8 pounds!! I knew it would be around high 4s or maybe a 5, but didn't expect that extra .8. This past week I really could feel my body working differently, it felt like I was burning calories. I feel like it's in the groove now.

I also got my first comment telling me that they could tell I've lost weight. That's always nice to hear!

And I ordered from Nashua for the BBQ crisps and they are delicious (remind me of BBQ soy puffs) and fix my savory/chip cravings. It's been a good week!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #32  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Just stopped in for a quick hello. I've been very busy with work and home challenges so I relaxed things on the diet front for awhile so I could start exercising again. It always helps me deal with a lot of stress. I've decided that I'm now ready for the final few pounds so I've gone back on P1/P2 for a bit. It will be a lot easier for me to refocus on P3 and maintenance after May 1, when life should calm down for awhile (I hope!).

One burning question for y'all: I notice a lot of people here getting wound around the axle about whether or not they're in ketosis, or whether they may have been bumped out of ketosis, or worrying about how to know whether they're in ketosis. I mean, really! What's the difference? Sure, ketosis is a great thing in that it acts as an appetite suppressant. But beyond that, why do people spend all this time and energy worrying about it? If you stick to the diet, ketosis will do its magic. If you've gone off plan, go back OP and you'll get back in ketosis. End of story. No?
Old 04-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDay615 View Post
Day 5 for me too! I have my first weigh-in on Monday. I am so excited! Days 2 and 3 were hardest for me. Excruciating migraine for 48 hours straight. Ouch! I am feeling great today! I keep reading about this Big Mac in a Bowl. Can someone please give me the recipe? Thanks so much!
Here is the receipe.
BIG MAC (no cheese) IN A BOWL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
•Salt and pepper, to taste
•1 teaspoon minced dry onions
•46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
•2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
•1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded
Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

I did not put the onions in but I did put one cup of cut grapes tomatoes and it was very good. Even my baby boy of 14 months thought it was delicious. Enjoy.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #34  

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica6700 View Post
I am also on Day #5, I had a massive headache last night! It was in the back of my head and neck and was just awful. I feel much better today and am staying OP. I am still excited and KNOW I am sticking with this plan. I have a huge work event next Friday and everyone here is talking about how could I possibly not drink alcohol, etc and Jeez, what are you going to eat, and come on it's just one night....I will not give in though...I am so excited to have finally committed myself and I can see the skinny me already!!! BTW, I weigh myself daily (I know I shouldn't but it is a habit), no weight loss today BUT, I am down 8 lbs since Monday. Oh yea, I also tried Big Mac in a bowl last night and it was delish, my husband seriously told me about 10 times while eating it how good it was and how we need to have it a couple times a week!

Stay with me, we can all do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW! What a great loss. I am only down 2.4 from Monday so I am so hoping that the next couple of days will show some more before weigh in. Come on Whoosh Fairy!
As for your event on Friday, do you know what food will be there? Stick with it and do not let people talk you into eating or drinking off the plan. I know you can do because you already have look at what you have accomplished is just a few days. I am sending you a hug for your success and to encourage you in preparation for your work event. Keep me posted on how you are doing.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #35  

Height: 5'6"

Default Munchies

I have the munchies bad today. I'm making some kale chips. If its one of those 'hungry days' do I have to take veggies away at dinner time to make up for the kale?
Old 04-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 275/269/145

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Good advice except we can't use Balsamic in phase 1
Seasonings
Apple Cider Vinegar, Fine Herbs, Garlic, Ginger, Lemon, Lemon Grass, Hot Mustard, Hot Sauce, Soya Sauce, Spices (MSG
Free/No Carbs), Tamari Sauce, White Vinegar - NO BALSAMIC or REDWINE VINEGAR!!
I like tarting up plain (not seasoned) rice wine vinegar with dijon mustard and garlic to your own taste. There are no carbs in that one and it's very easy. I haven't had any dressings yet except for the low sodium soy sauce substitute I mentioned which you spray on your food so I guess I'm safe.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! Today is my first day! I found this thread earlier this week and its what finally convinced me to try IP. I'm really excited and hoping this is the last diet I try!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #38  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Just stopped in for a quick hello. I've been very busy with work and home challenges so I relaxed things on the diet front for awhile so I could start exercising again. It always helps me deal with a lot of stress. I've decided that I'm now ready for the final few pounds so I've gone back on P1/P2 for a bit. It will be a lot easier for me to refocus on P3 and maintenance after May 1, when life should calm down for awhile (I hope!).

One burning question for y'all: I notice a lot of people here getting wound around the axle about whether or not they're in ketosis, or whether they may have been bumped out of ketosis, or worrying about how to know whether they're in ketosis. I mean, really! What's the difference? Sure, ketosis is a great thing in that it acts as an appetite suppressant. But beyond that, why do people spend all this time and energy worrying about it? If you stick to the diet, ketosis will do its magic. If you've gone off plan, go back OP and you'll get back in ketosis. End of story. No?
Playing both sides...

Ketosis IS an appetite suppressant, and there's no way to follow such a low-cal diet if you're not in ketosis without feeling miserably hungry. Also, if you're low-cal and not in ketosis, your body is burning muscle, and ketosis keeps that from happening so you're burning fat stores, not muscle.

On the other hand, I bumped out of ketosis for a few days while on vacation. I got right back on with minimal problem (not as bad as the first time!) so yeah...it's not "that" big of a deal, other than I didn't lose weight for a week or so.

By the way, it takes way more carbs (even for my super insulin resistant body) than everyone threatens to bump out of ketosis! A bite or two of something "bad" isn't going to do it. I was fine until I had actual bread. 3 slices of sourdough. And I knew the next morning I was out, because I was starving when I woke up the next morning, and was hungry most of the day.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
Here is the receipe.
BIG MAC (no cheese) IN A BOWL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
•Salt and pepper, to taste
•1 teaspoon minced dry onions
•46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
•2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
•1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded
Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

I did not put the onions in but I did put one cup of cut grapes tomatoes and it was very good. Even my baby boy of 14 months thought it was delicious. Enjoy.
Sounds yummy. Thanks for the recipe!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #40  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmom View Post
I have the munchies bad today. I'm making some kale chips. If its one of those 'hungry days' do I have to take veggies away at dinner time to make up for the kale?
Technically, yes. Measure them before you make them and they dry to flaky nothingness. They shrink, but they still have the same carbs.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #41  

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp0130 View Post
Hello everyone! Today is my first day! I found this thread earlier this week and its what finally convinced me to try IP. I'm really excited and hoping this is the last diet I try!

Congrats on making the decision to start this journey. I am only on day #5 and feel so energized and excited about what this diet is doing for me. You will find so much information, recipes, and encouragement on this site. Ask questions, post comments, tells us your scale and non-scale victories so we can celebrate with you.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Talked with my coach today about my current challenges with being hungry and generally down about things with these last 15 pounds. She had a few suggestions:

1. If really hungry, have a lower calorie 4th packet or more protein.
2. Time to start exercising.

I haven't added in exercise as I thought it was a no-no in phase 1. Time to start, and I realize that this will be harder for me than changing my diet. I have never gotten exercise to be a part of my daily routine, and now I must figure it out!!
I live in Northern VA. Hubby and I are commuters. When I lived in Arlington I went to a gold's gym. If you have kids they even have daycare for while you workout. I liked that gym.

Currently I live much father out and belong to a 24hr Fitness which I like but doesn't have daycare so I can go in the daytime during the week. I also have a membership to a Balans studio which has great yoga, pilates, TRX, and Zumba classes. I go 4x a week and love the instructors. Also Balans has a variety of people in each class from plumpy like me to obese, to super fit and that made me feel so much better when I joined last fall.

Congrats on your weight loss success. I hope you find a gym or class you like. I read a great weight loss study that compared all these types of exercise regimes and the conclusion was: The most effective exercise is the one you actually enjoy and will keep doing.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #43  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp0130 View Post
to your last diet. This site also convinced me to give IP a try too.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post

I don't want to get myself in any hot water so I'll just say.....Amen
Old 04-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #45  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post

Ketosis IS an appetite suppressant, and there's no way to follow such a low-cal diet if you're not in ketosis without feeling miserably hungry. Also, if you're low-cal and not in ketosis, your body is burning muscle, and ketosis keeps that from happening so you're burning fat stores, not muscle.

On the other hand, I bumped out of ketosis for a few days while on vacation. I got right back on with minimal problem (not as bad as the first time!) so yeah...it's not "that" big of a deal, other than I didn't lose weight for a week or so.

By the way, it takes way more carbs (even for my super insulin resistant body) than everyone threatens to bump out of ketosis! A bite or two of something "bad" isn't going to do it. I was fine until I had actual bread. 3 slices of sourdough. And I knew the next morning I was out, because I was starving when I woke up the next morning, and was hungry most of the day.
I agree with all of that. My point was just this: Why do so many people here seem to obsess about it so much? If you follow the plan, you will be in ketosis. After all, it is a ketogenic diet. And the more you follow it, the easier it will be to follow it. Seems simple enough, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebear99 View Post
I don't want to get myself in any hot water so I'll just say.....Amen
Thanks. Maybe I need to stop asking rhetorical questions.
Closed Thread