3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/279007-maintainers-vol-11-a.html)

Cheekyskeeter 06-28-2013 06:34 AM

Hey everyone. I haven't been posting much lately but I do check in when I can to,see how everyone is doing. Sounds like everyone is doing well. Congrats on getting to maintenance ragdoll! Nothing much new with me....still holding my own which is exciting.

Maile 06-28-2013 08:29 AM

Cheekyskeeter: I feel the same way..nothing new is going on. I am glad your maintenance is going well.

Evepet: I get the Dixie Dinner carrot coconut muffins and turn them into waffles. They are high in sodium. Glad your reboot is going well.

I am off to walk before it gets hot. I find that I workout harder in the am than in the hot pms.

evepet 06-28-2013 08:37 AM

I can tell I'm in ketosis because I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6:30am this morning! Lazed in bed until close to 7am and then thought I might as well get going! Showered, and exercised. :) I do love how I feel on P1. :)

Forgot to weight myself this am... I think I'll wait a day or two, and hopefully get a pleasant surprise then when I step on the scale. I do feel slimmer - especially through the mid-sectio, which is where those extra lbs had returned.

This is a long holiday weekend in Ontario, so I'm looking forward to the down time to relax.

Cheers everyone - hope you all have a great day.

ragdoll74 06-28-2013 08:54 AM

Maile- I've heard of the book, but haven't read it. I will have to check it out and some of the other books mentioned here. Enjoy your morning walk!

evepet- Your doing so great on your reboot! Reading your posts makes me want to go back to phase 1 because I've been feeling kind of sluggish this week.

Cheekyskeeter- thanks. Glad to see you are doing so well in maintenance.

workingit50 06-28-2013 10:40 AM

Hi all,

Checking in to say I am a week into P4 officially and doing ok. Not as organized with my food choices yet but I hope to read everything on P4 this weekend. I have nibbled on food of different sorts ( a potato chip, a fig newton, etc) and think I can do without. Once I start foods like that I activate my brain for more.

I am hungry at different times now and have to figure out if I really need a 10:30 am snack after having a P3 breakfast.

Quest bars are my best friend, will be ordering more this weekend.

Also, big splurge, had champagne this week celebrating my 21st wedding anniversary. That did taste good:D

Your stories of maintenance really helps!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Maile 06-29-2013 10:34 AM

Workingit50: i love a good glass of champagne! Congrats on your 21rst anniversary. Welcome to Phase 4 and maintenance. I find that I still get very hungry while maintaining and have a snack during mid afternoon.

Evepet and all Canadians: Happy Canada Day. Enjoy your long weekend!
Evepet: I use that thought to keep me on track..I love waking up feeling happy and glad with my choices from yesterday.

Ragdoll: I hope you are figuring out a plan that works for you.

My scale finally moved. I swear sometimes it is harder to lose than others..without much of a change in habits.

Here is a link to Dr. Petter Attias..who works with Gary Taube. The title is "Is it your fault that you are obese?" I really believe that insulin resistance is behind most of the obesity problems.

www.ted.com/talks/peter_
attia_what_if_we_re_wrong_
about_diabetes.html

evepet 06-29-2013 11:15 AM

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians!

It's now been a week on P1/P2, and all is well. :) I did weigh myself this am, and I'm down another lb... so all is headed in the right direction. :)

As I think I said before, I'm happy about taking control and getting my weight back to my former goal level, but I'm equally as happy to get those pesky cravings back under control again... and this time when I return to phasing out and going back to Maintenance, I've had the experience of knowing how easy it is for me to get back into carb/sugar cravings again by 'overdoing' it and letting Fun Days get a little out of control (and not followed strictly enough with a firm P1 day).

Maille I never thought of using the carrot muffin mix as a waffle... but it sounds like a yummy idea. I'll definitely try that. :) With a dollop or two of yogurt - Yum! Like you, I do seem to need a mid-afternoon snack.

Ragdoll I understand what you mean about feeling good on P1... it's amazing how good I feel at present. LOL.. I definitely don't mind sticking P1/P2 for a couple more weeks.

Workingit50 Welcome to maintenance! And Congrats on your 21st wedding anniversary!

Hi Cheekyskeeter & Joysh!

I'm thinking of Ishbel today!! Unless I've got myself confused, I'm pretty sure today is her wedding day? Looking forward to hearing about it.

Cheers to you all! Have a good day - and weekend. :)

dukeofllano 06-29-2013 02:43 PM

Hey y'all- I am mosty a lurker here, but am LOVING all the advice and ideas since I am new to maintenance.

QUick question for the experts-- does anyone have any hard and fast "rules" about alcohol consumption?? NOw that it is summer, it seems like every day there is a BBQ or Happy Hour and book club or something where there's wine or margaritas!! I am trying to say no most of the time and limit to 1x or 2x a week, but wasn't sure what my official "plan" going forward would be. Surprisingly, this is a harder one than adding back in the foods, which I am slowly figuring out!!! ( I am a snacker too and have to have my 10:30 spinach & mushroom stir fry every day=)...)

DRegan 06-29-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukeofllano (Post 4782286)
Hey y'all- I am mosty a lurker here, but am LOVING all the advice and ideas since I am new to maintenance.

QUick question for the experts-- does anyone have any hard and fast "rules" about alcohol consumption?? NOw that it is summer, it seems like every day there is a BBQ or Happy Hour and book club or something where there's wine or margaritas!! I am trying to say no most of the time and limit to 1x or 2x a week, but wasn't sure what my official "plan" going forward would be. Surprisingly, this is a harder one than adding back in the foods, which I am slowly figuring out!!! ( I am a snacker too and have to have my 10:30 spinach & mushroom stir fry every day=)...)

I hear ya!!
Just found sugarfree margarita mix,awesome!!
I am also using Protidiet snacks to help
Me thru the tough times. So far so good!

We can do it!!!

Hang tough!!

D

patns 06-30-2013 12:11 AM

Thinking about Ishbel too. I hope she is having a wonderful day but I'm not sure if this is the date, likely is as it is a holiday weekend in Canada.

Pat

evepet 06-30-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4782481)
Thinking about Ishbel too. I hope she is having a wonderful day but I'm not sure if this is the date, likely is as it is a holiday weekend in Canada.

Pat

Good point Patns... I may well have got it wrong. I know it's coming up quickly now though...
Anyway - Happy Canada Day!! Hope my fellow Canadian IPers here enjoy the long holiday weekend.

Everything is still going well here with my reboot. I'm just about to make my cauliflower-protein home-made soup for lunch. I really like it so I'm looking forward to it.:) Off to a BBQ tonight... I know there will be meat on the grill, and some sort of veggies, so I'm 99% sure all will be ok. If I 'stray' slightly tonight, with some extra fat content or something, I'm not too worried. For sure I'll avoid the obvious culprits. :)

Cheers to everyone - have a great day.

bubbleblower 06-30-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukeofllano (Post 4782286)

My one rule (and it seems to be working so far) is no fatty/high carb foods allowed at the same time that I'm enjoying my red wine. :) It kind of makes sense, since if my body is focusing on metabolizing the alcohol, it's going to store anything else I ingest in the meantime.

Chloe222 07-01-2013 08:06 PM

Hello all,
I'm coming back, gained some weight and will do a weigh in tomorrow morning. It is so clear to me that I need constant support to maintain.

However, with my departure from IP, I still continued to use certain products and my weight is in the upper 150's, from a low in the 140's last year. I think my weight gain would have been much worse had I been on another diet.

Anyway, it's lovely to see some familiar names!

Looking forward to actively connecting with all again!

Chloe

Maile 07-02-2013 11:31 AM

Chloe: It was good to hear from you. I agree..I think the IP approach works better than other programs for maintenance. It is the first one that has worked for me in years and years of continual diets. I also rely on support to maintain. Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow.

Patns: I also wondered if Ishbel was having her wedding during the holiday weekend.

Bubbleblower: I stay away from high carb foods also when consuming wine!

Evepet: I put yogurt and strawberries on top of my waffles..crazy but good.

DRegan: I am going to look for that sugarfree margarita mix..

Dukeofilano: I have wine now and then with dinner. Sometimes I have other drinks when going out to eat. However, if my pounds are up I cut out wine for awhile. Generally alcohol has not hurt my maintenance.

I am at one year and 8 months of maintenance. 4 more months to go!

We are in the 100s and it is hot, hot, hot.

GreatLakes86 07-02-2013 12:50 PM

Yay for P3 breakfasts and FRUIT!!!!!!!!

I had some sauteed mushrooms, scrambled eggs, 1 piece of gluten free toast, cottage cheese and fresh STRAWBERRIES! :) I grew up in strawberry country in Michigan, and they taste like summer to me. SO excited to have fruit again.

I've been off the boards for quite a while, but I think I will be checking in here frequently as I move into maintenance. This is when the hard part starts.