3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/279007-maintainers-vol-11-a.html)

ragdoll74 06-25-2013 08:19 AM

Hello All! I'm officially a maintainer since June 14th. I've been lurking here for months to get some insight on what to expect for maintenance.

We went on vacation the day after I started maintenance, and got back late Saturday. I was up 2-3 lbs after vacation and now TOM is arriving. I am really bloated ( up another 3 lbs & my pants feel really tight). I would have worn the next size up today, but I donated all of them last month.

Does this happen to any of you with TOM? I've never really noticed that my clothes fit differently during TOM when I was heavier. I could always tell I was bloated because my rings were tight, but that was it.

Ishbel 06-25-2013 09:46 AM

ragdoll The smaller you are the more you'll feel the lbs...5 lbs I used to 'pppfff' at people...totally can tell 5 lbs. I have issues with my weight at TOM too....

skeeter I'm with you, where the heck was IP how many years ago.

maile no gain on a vacation! WHOOP WHOOP!!

determined :wave: have you read the beck diet solution? I really believe in that book. :hug:

Sansfilter Welcome to maintenance! :) I think everyone is a little timid when they start maintenance the rules are general and you have to figure it out for your own body. If they had specific rules "one size fits all" it wouldn't work. Personally if I run off 550 calories, that doesn't mean I'll eat 550 calories, I may have an extra apple. I don't trust my heart rate monitor and the extra that I don't 'eat' is good cushion. Tracking helped me relax by providing a history for me to review.

evepet You'll crack off the extra lbs, I know you got this :)

+++++
So, dress is home :yay:...at a friends as my cats will probably make a nest out of it. I'm tired, very tired...but my weight is good and I'm incredibly happy with that. I am cutting a lot of calories from Monday to Thursday in preparation for the big weekend which includes multiple family gatherings and access to champagne (I totally understand people who want to lose 10 lbs before big events like wedding and vacations - not that I'll lose 10 lbs mind you). Then it's honeymoon...I'm way to high strung to agree with any woman who says "I could get married over and over I loved the planning". I had a dream the other night that I was so late to the church everyone went home LOL

Hope you all have a wonderful day :)

Maile 06-25-2013 11:20 AM

Ragdoll: I can't help as I am past those cycles. I do notice that after losing weight if I have any gain it is around my waist so my pants fit tighter. Welcome to maintenance! Have you tried lemon water for the bloating? Hope you feel better.

Evepet: I just thought being a magazine would destroy my privacy. I do not need that attention. I think finding substitutes for ice cream is the way to go. That is why I cling to WF syrup with low carb waffles.

Bubbleblower: Your new house sounds exciting. Yeah..August and September have warmer water.

Ishbel: Losing weight before your wedding and staying thin! You are doing it! My cats would make a nest out of a dress also..currently an old sweatshirt is their nest. I know your wedding will be perfect as will be the honeymoon! Have a wonderful week and wedding.

Canic: I think you are wise to stick to P3 while heading to another vacation.Then you can hit P1 later. Have a great vacation.

I am working on another trip ..this time to see my son in DC.

Have a great day everyone.

ragdoll74 06-25-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4779260)
Ragdoll: I can't help as I am past those cycles. I do notice that after losing weight if I have any gain it is around my waist so my pants fit tighter. Welcome to maintenance! Have you tried lemon water for the bloating? Hope you feel better.

I haven't tried lemon water, but will when I get home from work. For now I am chugging plain water, and hoping it all flushes out. I used to think my skinny friends were crazy when they said they felt so fat because of TOM bloating. Now I know exactly what they mean. I guess it's the price we have to pay to be thin. :D

evepet 06-25-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4779262)
I haven't tried lemon water, but will when I get home from work. For now I am chugging plain water, and hoping it all flushes out. I used to think my skinny friends were crazy when they said they felt so fat because of TOM bloating. Now I know exactly what they mean. I guess it's the price we have to pay to be thin. :D

A tea of ginger root with some lemon added works well too. Just mince a couple of tbsp. of fresh ginger and let it boil in 2-3 cups of water for a while... then pour into cup, add some fresh lemon juice & touch of stevia. (You can strain out the ginger prior to pouring if preferred... I prefer leaving it in - it settles to the bottom of the cup anyway, and steeps more). A dash of cayenne also really zips this up. :)

evepet 06-25-2013 01:17 PM

Hi everyone! Day 4 of my reboot and all is well.

It's home-made cauliflower soup with protein powder for lunch today. (If anybody's curious about this you can check out the relevant post on my blog - the links in my signature line... I started making these during my last weeks on P1 when we could no longer purchase alternative soups in Canada from proteinwell.ca) :) And I've already got a turkey meatloaf waiting for dinner tonight, along with asparagus and other veggies. Had hot cappuccino this am - ChocoRite - I still love their protein shakes, nice and thick, and strongly flavored.

Maile - I totally understand your feelings of the magazine article invading your privacy. I don't think I'd want to go that 'public' either -- participating here with like-minded folks suits me just fine. Like you, my cupboard is stocked with low carb pancake mix, muffin mixes, and WF pancake syrup. Why overload on sugar/fat & carbs when there are such good alternatives available.

Ishbel - Yep, I'm feeling strong about my reboot. :) Sometimes just gotta get the head in the right frame of mind, then everything else falls into place. :) I seemed to have that 'mental click' on Saturday and things have been pretty smooth since then. Have a great week! I'm very excited for you...will be thinking about you, as you count down the days to the wedding. Hope you're going to share a wedding photo with us? I had to laugh about your dream of being so late everyone left! :)

bubbleblower Yes, I think it's sooo important to take control back early if the lbs start coming back on. After past diets I pretty much just ignored it... but this time I'm determined! Good luck on those early retirement rumours- hope it pans out for you.

Cheers to everyone! Have a great day.

canic 06-25-2013 02:30 PM

Ragdoll - TOM will have me bloated too. Before my trip I was drinking a warm cup of water with lemon and found it be very refreshing. I wasn't even wanting coffee or tea after drinking it. It's supposed to be good for your digestion. I would think lemon tea would help with TOM issues.

Ishbel - you must be so excited. I hear you on wedding planning being a nightmare, but relax and enjoy the day.

Evepet - Thanks for the ice cream recipe. I'll try it when off my phase 3 reboot.

Maile- I felt going back to phase 1 would get the weight off before next long trip, but again I wouldn't be able to ease into maintenance. This trip showed me that once you eat sugar, the cravings come back quickly, so I need to time to ease into maintenance to find what works for me.

I've already dropped 1-2 lbs since I've been back and eating more like phase 3. Not sure exactly how much as our scale gives 2 different readings. We have to move it to set it on the ground and the 1st reading can be 1 lb more or less then subsequent readings. Dh says to take the lowest reading! I do feel much better now that I'm eating more cleanly and drinking more water. I think I'm dealing with C though, so need to get something to help with that.

ragdoll74 06-25-2013 03:27 PM

Thanks for the suggestions evepet and canic.

Momto2cs 06-25-2013 09:55 PM

I also hope we get to see a wedding pic. It's all coming together. Have a wonderful time!

Maile 06-26-2013 09:27 AM

Ragdoll: People when losing on IP often drank lemon water or lemon tea the day before a weigh in to try to flush out retained water.

Evepet: I like your spicy ginger tea. I have started to enjoy cayenne. I also have cupboards full of low carb mixes..an indulgence, but worth it.

Canic: I am glad you are feeling better. Scales can be frustrating as they each have a different weight. I like your husband's go for the lowest weight idea.

I am working off a few up pounds. Hopefully they will disappear soon!

evepet 06-26-2013 07:12 PM

This is Day 5 of my 'reboot' and things are going well.

I woke up this am feeling good, with energy higher again...jumped out of bed, showered -- and exercised on my Vibracize machine. I'd been thinking that I was a little 'loggy' earlier in the week due to the very high temps and humidity here - but then I realized I also was no doubt feeling the effects of going low carb again for the past 4 days. So probably my lack of energy has been due to a combination of both these things.

I feel more svelte through the mid-section again - which is great!
No cravings either. :)

Went grocery shopping this afternoon and loaded up with all the essentials of P1. Basically a cart full of veggies and lean protein. It took me back..... LOL. :) My 'treat' was a ISO Femme protein bar to enjoy later tonight. Not a box full - just one! (I've learned my limits, and that I need to avoid stocking my cupboards full of things that just tempt me to eat 'just one more'....)

Cheers for now - hope you've all had a good day, and a good evening.

joysh 06-27-2013 12:34 PM

Hi Everyone! I traveled last weekend, then on my way back from Dallas I camped two nights at a lovely state park. I love to sleep in my tent, jump in a lake, and sit on a chair reading with a serene lake in the background, listening to the birds and critters around me! Heaven to me!

Anyway, got back and saw the scale had crept up 1-2 pounds, but the next day did a P3 day and it's back down. Must have been a natural weight fluctuation.

Tomorrow it's back to Houston for the weekend for the twins' 2 yr old birthday celebration. This will be my first "maintenance" birthday. I think I'll do fine. I know on Monday I'll come home and go back to my (new) normal eating.

I'm getting ready for my longer trip up north to upstate NY, NYC, DC, etc. Last year when I made the trip I took a full suitcase of IP foods and walked around NYC with my shaker. This year, no shaker, but I'm pretty sure I'll be fine. This maintenance is surely an adventure.

Ragdoll, How is it going for you? You're a few days into it.

Evepet, Congrats on applying the principles of what we now know can keep us "in check." You're a great inspiration to me!

Bubbleblower, congrats on your new house! It sounds great!

Ishbel, the big weekend is finally here! Have an amazing week! When you get back home, please post one picture of you in the dress. Congratulations!

Maile, have a great trip! We do travel a lot, don't we! You are very much the pro when it comes to maintenance. I'm sure you'll take care of those few pounds.

Have a great day everyone! :wave:

ragdoll74 06-27-2013 01:50 PM

evepet- Yay for no cravings and more energy. I miss that feeling in phase 1.

joysh- I'm doing ok, but still trying to figure out a new WOE. Even the small amount of processed carbs in my phase 3 breakfast caused me to crave more, so I've eliminated the grain from my breakfast. Your camping trip sounded so nice and relaxing. Have fun with the grandbabies!

Maile 06-27-2013 04:46 PM

Ragdoll: Have you read The Wheat Belly book? Maybe you are sensitive to gluten. Good for you finding out what works for you..there is much experimenting in maintenance.

Evepet: You are on a healthy roll..no cravings and energy!

Joysh: I did the same..traveled with a shaker and IP packets..It is nice to have that freedom. I will be in DC also..I figure it might be hot!

it is finally hot here and getting hotter. I am cooking Ethiopian berbere food today and heading to the gym before I talk myself out of it. Too hot to be outside.

evepet 06-27-2013 09:20 PM

Just a quick post to let everyone know that I'm still on track and doing well with my reboot. I had about 1000 cals today... and feel stuffed! A good day overall, but right now I'm feeling the effects of having a low carb Dixie Diner Choc Choc muffin for a snack tonight. I added some ChocoRite chocolate protein powder to the muffin mix and turned it into what should be a suitable muffin nutritionally-wise, but I'm definitely feeling a bit too full and bloaty. Plus, those mixes are heavy on the sodium.

Cooked a lovely roast of beef in my slow cooker today, and really enjoyed having some for dinner with my veggies.

I guess today was really more of a P2 day, as I had a HUGH salad (lots of romaine lettuce added to the 2 cups veg) for lunch, and added tuna for the protein. Tasty.

Curiosity got the better of me and I bought a jar of organic powdered wheat grass.. I mix 2 tsp in a cup of water in my shaker cup and drink first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach. I'm not sure whether it's helping the energy... or if this is just all part and parcel of going low carb again and feeling that 'surge' that happens for most of us after 4 days or so on P1.

Cheers everyone - hope you've all had a good day.:)