3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/279007-maintainers-vol-11-a.html)

LizRR 06-13-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joysh (Post 4771319)
Bump. The third page simply will not do!

I guess as we continue through maintenance we reenter the stream of non-diet-related life!! I'm still adjusting.

Tomorrow is my one year anniversary of beginning IP. One year ago today was the last day of my former food life! I was getting ready, cleaning out my fridge, purchased my food and was ready to begin. I figured I'd stay on it through the summer and lose about 40 pounds - if I liked the foods. The rest is history.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Hapy anniversary!

I am almost 1 year from when I hit goal, obviously conditions have changed drastically since then (29 weeks preggers now...the countdown until Sep 4 continues)! I made the mistake on Tuesday of checking out my form during squats in Bodypump and nearly fell over when I saw my profile - my cute 2nd trimester 'bump' has grown into a full on 3rd trimester 'balloon!'....LOL. On the plus side, I can still see my arm & shoulder muscles working and moving during those segments, although there is definitely less definition than there was in Dec.

cbl70 06-13-2013 02:29 PM

LizRR,
So glad to hear your pregnancy is going well. I started IP about the time you hit goal. You've been such an inspiration to me thru this whole process. Hugs!

ChileheadKen 06-14-2013 12:28 AM

1 Year Anniversary of Starting IP- 7 Months post Goal

Hi there, IP peeps! I haven't posted in quite some time, but I had my 1 year anniversary of starting IP on Tuesday, the 11th. Got to my goal weight on November 10, then lost 5 more for a 100 lb total loss! I've kept it off for 7 months now, and almost finished P90X for a second time! I haven't felt this good in 30 years! the signature pic was taken Tuesday for my anniversary! I will admit that I mostly just do a balanced diet and exercise now, and not the fat/carb separation that IP suggests in maintenance. But I've always said that whatever works, works, and it's all good!!
LizRR, congrats on your new addition! Very exciting! And Maile, you are always the inspiration and poster child for discipline and encouragement!
Hope everyone is happy and well, and enjoying life! Especially our new lives!
All the best,
Ken :flame:

Ishbel 06-14-2013 09:52 AM

lizz :wave: glad everything is going well for you! :)

maile you mentioned you dumped your roasted veggies into your salads...can you give me more info, I was looking at mine last night and thoughted "what can I do with you that would look and smell great" - also going to google 'roasted veggie salads' - but I'm nosey and want to know what you do. :D

Ken you look GREAT, well done! Totally agree with you if it works just keep doing it! Well done! :) Happy Anniversary!

joy Happy Anniversary to you too! WOOHOO!

evepet Hope you are feeling better!

Have a great day everyone! :)

cbl70 06-14-2013 10:11 AM

Ken,
Wow....you are rockin it! Congrats.

Joco 06-14-2013 10:20 AM

Do you have to have carbs with your dinner on maintenance or can you continue with a lean protein and vegetables? We eat out often and worry about finding good carbs aside from toting my own whole weat pasta

Maile 06-14-2013 11:35 AM

I often skip carbs for dinner..especially if there are no good ones at a restaurant.

Ken: Thanks for your support. 7 months of maintenance is great. I also have more energy than I have had in years. Way to go!

Lizr: How nice to have defined muscles on those arms and legs when yoou exercise. You sound great in your last trimester.

Ishbel I actually dump any leftover vegetables into salads: roasted popcorn cauliflower, roasted zucchini ( parmesan chips), stir fried indidan green beans, ethiopian cabbage, red feta cabbage slaw, roasted brussel sprouts..to name a few..

eve pet : Hope you feel better.

I am in Hawaii and determined to maintain. i am getting lots of walks in around the beaches..swimming. It is hard when family members think walking in flip flops is a power walk..but i am still getting out for the power walk.

Hello to everyone..will catch up later.

ZOMBIEDAWN 06-14-2013 12:21 PM

I'm almost in Maintenance! :carrot:

Is 2 weeks of P3 really needed?

scorbett1103 06-14-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN (Post 4772315)
I'm almost in Maintenance! :carrot:

Is 2 weeks of P3 really needed?

It is. Phase 2 is flexible, but P3 has to be 2 weeks no more and no less. In that phase you are rebuilding your glycogen stores, and getting your body used to processing foods it hasn't had to digest in a while. Shortening that process isn't going to do you any favors.

ZOMBIEDAWN 06-14-2013 09:02 PM

Ok, one more week then! :D

evepet 06-15-2013 10:10 AM

Happy Weekend everyone!

Thanks Ishbel & Maille for your inquiry re my health - it was a persistent bug and it's taken almost two weeks for me to get feeling better. Unfortunately, just as I was rallying back from that, I lost part of a filling in a molar that's been causing me a lot of aggravation. I couldn't get an appointment with the dentist until next Monday am so have to make it through the weekend. The pain is mostly because of some sharp ridges that I can't seem to keep my tongue away from... tongue was getting so irritated that I couldn't talk right and it was hurting when I swallowed, etc. Definitely a soft diet at present. The dental receptionist told me to take an emery board and file the sharp edges down ...that did help, but by the time I got this advice my tonque was already really irritated and it's taking time for it to recover... oh well - I only have to make it to Monday am.

I've gotten a new Cuisinart ice cream maker which is coming in handy at present. I got one of those mini Hamilton Smith versions last summer, but like this one much better. Ice cream is one of my downfalls, and I figure that making my own healthier ice cream (I use almond milk and some light coconut milk + protein powder, fruit, and flavoring) is a way to circumvent this situation. It works well... and the soft serve, cold ice cream not only goes down easily with the tooth problem, but soothes the tongue and lingering sore throat.

Maintenance-wise, I'm presently @ 153... so still a bit higher than I prefer. I'm sure part of the problem is water retention. I've resorted to the convenience of canned soups a few times, and they are all so high in sodium. On days when I pay extra attention to drinking my full 80 oz of water, the scale is lower the next day. Once I get this new tooth problem in hand, I'll tackle a few days on P1. I also have to get more disciplined about regular exercise. (sigh) This has never been a strength for me, but I KNOW it need to do it, for long-term successful weight maintenance.

Anyhow... enough about me... to all of you - enjoy the weekend! It's shaping up to be a beautiful, sunny day here, and I'm now going to go and enjoy a cup of coffee on my balcony.

P.S. - Ken! - Looking Good!!! Congrats on your success in maintenance... you're a good motivator. :)

Ishbel 06-15-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joco (Post 4772209)
Do you have to have carbs with your dinner on maintenance or can you continue with a lean protein and vegetables? We eat out often and worry about finding good carbs aside from toting my own whole weat pasta

I've had this conversation with the VIP and various friends over the last few weeks so I actually have an answer wrt my lifestyle.

I do not have carbs with supper (or my fat meal - lunch), more because its easier to just cook two dishes (meat and veggies)....I don't miss pasta,rice, potatoes. If I do, I'll throw a few baby potatoes or some sweet potatoes in with the roasted veggies. BUT, I don't really miss them and I think it helps that I can feel the inflammation if I have wheat and I never did prefer rice.

When I eat out I just don't eat the carbs and ask for more veggies.

Hope this helps!

Joco 06-15-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4772945)
I've had this conversation with the VIP and various friends over the last few weeks so I actually have an answer wrt my lifestyle.

I do not have carbs with supper (or my fat meal - lunch), more because its easier to just cook two dishes (meat and veggies)....I don't miss pasta,rice, potatoes. If I do, I'll throw a few baby potatoes or some sweet potatoes in with the roasted veggies. BUT, I don't really miss them and I think it helps that I can feel the inflammation if I have wheat and I never did prefer rice.

When I eat out I just don't eat the carbs and ask for more veggies.

Hope this helps!

Thank you it does help. I am so carb sensitive I think this is probably the route I will take as well. Do you do ever do a free meal followed by a P1 day?

Ishbel 06-16-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joco (Post 4773248)
Thank you it does help. I am so carb sensitive I think this is probably the route I will take as well. Do you do ever do a free meal followed by a P1 day?

Every week since the beginning....it's a fun day. But not a balls to the wall fun day (was at the beginning lol). I avoid wheat still and lactose and simple sugar. It's more of a relaxation of the rules for me and more fruit. :D. I've learned I'm carb sensitive, lactose intolerant and if I have simple sugar even on fun day my cravings go out of control and I'll want to eat my desk at work 30 minutes after lunch. Ssssoooo not worth the headache and mental conversations.

For example, I still have my regular breakfast but I may have bacon with it or a hash brown pattie, which only ups the calories a bit....I don't consider my fun day a day to binge but at the beginning I was going down that route for sure. It's a fun day within reason. Many people keep it to the fun meal and depending on my weight that morning I to have kept it to a fun meal but I always do the P1 day the next day. VIP eats the same way (he lost 50 lbs)

I have a phase 1 day the next day and it balances my weekend. Not everyone eats this way but I've found my groove.

Reference above, if the VIP wants popcorn it will help him if he's not eating a lot of carbs....he can choose the popcorn for an in home movie instead of the potatoes. He can end up struggling if he chooses to have drinks on fun day for a few weeks...I rarely drink. Even before IP I wasn't a drinking though.

Maile 06-16-2013 10:46 AM

Ishbel: How are the wedding plans going? It is getting close. You and i eat in very similar ways. I always ask for double vegetables.

Still on my trip. I miss my strength training and realize that lifting pineapples is just not doing it. I am walking a great deal..and seem to be done a pound.

Happy Father's Day everyone!~