3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/279007-maintainers-vol-11-a.html)

Busymomx4 06-06-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4762823)
Busymom: It was good to hear from you! I envy your tummy tuck. I could use one..but want my face done first.. I think despite the fact that you struggle and need to do Phase 1 during the week, you should be proud of yourself. You have maintained for one year and you have not given up. You are at goal weight. You are disciplining yourself to doing Phase 1. You are in that 5% who have kept weight off for a year.
I hope the next year gets easier for you. I know the pain of bingeing as I have done that all of my life. Take care.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4763021)
BUSYMOM!!!! It's soooooo good to hear from you! Don't be so hard on yourself - you have been MAINTAINING For A YEAR! Like Mailie said, you are in very elite, select company. I told hubby I wanted to reward 2 years of maintenance with a tummy tuck...of course that reward has been put on hold until after I get back to goal after baby girl comes.

Thanks girls. For my tummy tuck, I was super lucky as here in quebec, we can request for medicare to pay for it and i was one of the lucky one that got approved (my ps sent a request with pictures).

I have a fleur de lys done (vertical scar from between breast down and then regular tt scar from side to side). Recovery was hard but went well. I would recommend it. Of course, typical self who is never satisfied...i still had a bit of loose skin above the belly button that my dr. told me i would have so that bothers me.

I started exercising but am limited due to my knees so i really need to lower my goal weight to have some wiggle room.

Will try to post more often!

joysh 06-06-2013 02:04 PM

Liz, you absolutely amaze me with your stamina for physical exercise, even when pregnant! i think the baby will come out running!

Canadiandieter, yes, it's really interesting having a just a little bit of cheese. I was a processed cheese addict before IP. Now I'm fine having an ounce (or even a half) of natural cheddar, feta, or ricotta and I'm a happy camper!

I, too, had to figure out a way to add more into my daily diet because I was losing in maintenance. Although I love the process of losing the weight, I felt that it was time to stop. My coach also told me to add just a little more. So I added a bit more and now I'm maintaining. It's an interesting balance.

Maile, yes, change your signature to 1 year and 8 months! I am in awe of that! Have a great trip to Hawaii!

Busymom, you kept the weight off for 1 year! You are doing something very right! You are an inspiration to me!

Abuel, welcome to maintenance!

Ishbel, Merci beaucoup pour le français! Je comprends bien, mais je ne peut pas parler ou écrire si bien.

Have a great day, everyone! It's a very rainy day down here in northern Louisiana so my morning swim was rained out. I've gotten into a little routine of yoga twice a week and swimming 3x a week, but I may have to just go to the gym today. I'm really enjoying moving this new little body!

Maile 06-07-2013 09:03 AM

Joysh: My son is in Sc. Do you have the humidity down there in Louisiana. I also like exercising with this new body that actually has muscles! Your maintenance is going well.

Busymom: Good luck on your exercise program and getting more wiggle room. I am always more comfortable with wiggle room in my range. Can you do the bicycle with your knees.

Canadiamdieter: I kept losing in Phase 3 also..adding avocados and more fat slowed that down. You are doing well.

Ishbel: Hope ypu are are happy and getting ready for that wedding.

Scorbette: you are always so helpful with sharing the stats and data necessary.

KNM: I do not have a poppy seed recipe but I would google allrecipes.com or foodnetwork.com and look for ones that have many good reviews.

Abue1: Welcome to maintenance.

LizrL That baby must be moving more by now. Now that I think of it, I admire you for all your exercise while pregnant.

The National Weight Control Registry has given my name to someone who is writing a book on weight loss. I will let you know how it goes.

I am thinking of trying a jazzcersize class this summer and am attempting to tell myself that I can do it..even if I am older and cannot do the steps!

Local strawberries are here and I am in heaven.

I am in one of my more motivated stages of maintenance...exercise feels good and I am eating more carefully. I am in my range.

evepet 06-07-2013 09:18 AM

Hi everyone. I woke up last Saturday with a sore throat, and a variety of symptoms which have continued to plague me through the week. It just didn't seem like a good time to discipline myself onto P1, so I've just concentrated on eating more of a P2-P3 plan this week. And watching my sodium intake. Seems to be working, as the scale was down 1 lb this am. Still not feeling very well... this bug is taking it's own sweet time to work itself out.

After reading Maile's post about the range recommended by the Weight Loss Registry, I'm not quite as worried as I'm still well within that range. I just definitely don't want to go higher. I've decided to stay with my current P2-P3 eating plan until I'm feeling better again - and then I'll decide if I need to go to a strict P1 for a couple of weeks, or just stick with my current program and increase the exercise.

My apologies for not responding to everyone's comments individually - head is still so congested that I'm not focusing too well! But it sounds like everyone is going well, and It's a pleasure reading all your comments.

Cheers to all - hope you are all having a good day.... and will have a great weekend.

bubbleblower 06-07-2013 09:46 AM

I haven't had much time to check in here lately, but just wanted to stop in to say hi. All is going well with maintenance.

Having added red wine back into my diet, I've been curious lately about alcohol metabolism and decided to do some research. I thought this article was interesting: http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/54...=ajcn;54/6/976 I have to say that my wine calories are definitely not showing up on the scale (thankfully!).

Maile 06-07-2013 12:12 PM

Evepet I hope you feel better. It is hard to do anything when you are sick.

Bubbleblower: wine has not hurt my maintenance..I liked the article. I have read articles that say to watch out for a wine belly..

Here is a good but sad article about Fat-shaming. A university professor posted a twitter saying obese people should not even apply for the PHD program..as being obese means that you have no will power and would not be able to complete the program. The Phd professor..Colin Brooke responds with honesty and intelligence. He reminded me of many hard moments being obese. I am outraged by the cruelty and discrimination in the job market.

http://www.cgbrooke.net/2013/06/04/fat-sha
ming/

joysh 06-09-2013 01:59 PM

Hi All! Just checking in.

Evepet, hope you're feeing better by now.

Maile, wow, what an article. Interesting.

I've starting swimming. I've been increasing my laps every day and I love it! I hope it will tone my arms and lesson my "flaps" just a little. Of course, I'd rather have flaps than fat, but a little less flap would be nice. The swimming just makes me feel good. I'm doing it on the days when I don't go to yoga.

I've lost a couple of pounds, though, so I guess I need to eat a little more to be in better balance.

Yes, Maile, we've got the humidity here in Louisiana, although not as awful as it is down on the Gulf coast. I think today is our last cooler (85) day. In a few days it will start to be 97 degrees. Then I'll really need to swim...

Regards to all! I'm still loving maintenance! I had a bbq on Friday evening and made roasted veggies to accompany the grilled chicken, salmon, sausage, and corn. My friend thought that I'd be tired of that after eating roasted veggies for 10 months. I told her it's still one of my most favorite foods. I roast veggies every night. I've just included red potatoes in my mix. Also, I don't have to skimp on my rutabagas, although I rarely do rutabagas and potatoes for the same meal. And I still love to eat my protein chocolate bar for a snack in the afternoon. It makes me happy. I'm rambling....

Have a great day, everyone!:wave:

KitKat169 06-09-2013 03:32 PM

Hi all, I'm once again in an airport flying to my second home in Ontario. I'm now out of my Winnipeg for 5 weeks except for 2 nights in between a work and vacation trip. Whie away I hope to lose a few pounds which sounds weird but I'm finding it easier to be strict out of Winnipeg. Last week I was on a mission to reduce the number of canned beans in my cupboard and fruit in my freezer. Chickpea stew and chocolate chip cookies and black bean brownies, pancakes and smoothies. (All using low sugar but beans are high in carbs and fiber). Fruit for breakfast, lunch and snack. Between the two, I have gained bulk as of the end of the week. It feels mostly like water bloating but my pants are fitting tighter so regardless it has to go. I've been walking more and doing a lot of packing around the house. I am organized so I think I can relax on my trips knowing I'll get it all done by July 31 move date.

Maile 06-10-2013 09:33 AM

Kitkat: I like those black bean brownies and chickpea stews. Morningstar has a new chickpea mediteranean patty that I am going to try. This has been a busy time for you with all of this moving..and you are still not done. I have the same reaction..when my waist feels tighter..that is the time for action!

Joysh: I had never roasted vegetables until I joined Ip. I love roasted vegetables and usually do some each night. I also like to dump them in salads the next day. You sound happy while maintaining.

Have a great Monday everyone. I am excited about seeing my family tomorrow night.

Ishbel 06-10-2013 01:47 PM

bubbleblower Very interesting article...it didn't follow what happened to me right after I started maintenance. The scale totally complained when I had wine..which was ok with me as I am allergic to sulphates anyway. In fact, my body doesn't like boose...of any sort.

kitkat bet your looking forward to your vacation...sounds like you need a really good 'break'. Can't wait to hear about your travels!

joysh I love roasted veggies too! My fav is with olive oil balsamic vinegar with chopped garlic brushed on and a sprinkle of italian seasoning...MMMM...I so look forward to it.

++++

Some food anxiety popped up this past weekend, I really feel it's mostly because of wedding anxiety LOL. I also am not sure I was smart to stop tracking during this month but I'm still doing it because if I start tracking NOW I'll have to start my experiment all over again. I really do want to trust my judgement and choices long term. So far so good but I could do with less anxiety :)

Getting excited, I think I will have most of the items done that can be done by this coming weekend. I truely wanted everything as close to done for the 22 June so that could be my calm before the storm. Also booked a massage in the Thursday before, in hindsight a few of them this month could have worked...LOL

I am not posting 'as much' but I'm still here and still reading. I promised I'll be back as per usual eventually :)!

DRegan 06-11-2013 08:11 AM

Hi everyone!

Looks like alot of great stuff here, congrats to all, and welcome newbees!:hug:

Wondering is anyone has negative friends or family members when
your complimented on your weight loss? Sometimes I feel like some
people are rolling their eyes when I get asked questions. I can tell
my DD is alittle jealous of the attention, ugh, shes 17, should be all about
her, LOL!! So I'm very aware, just say thanks to people I have'nt seen
and tell them healthy eating and exercise and try to get off subject alittle.
Anyways I try to not criticize what I see others eating and doing, but
I dont want to go back to old habits, thats for sure!

Ok hope you all have a great day! another wet one here in CT!

Ishbel, excited for you!!!, getting close! :)

D:)

joysh 06-13-2013 10:25 AM

Bump. The third page simply will not do!

I guess as we continue through maintenance we reenter the stream of non-diet-related life!! I'm still adjusting.

Tomorrow is my one year anniversary of beginning IP. One year ago today was the last day of my former food life! I was getting ready, cleaning out my fridge, purchased my food and was ready to begin. I figured I'd stay on it through the summer and lose about 40 pounds - if I liked the foods. The rest is history.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

bubbleblower 06-13-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joysh (Post 4771319)
Bump. The third page simply will not do!

I guess as we continue through maintenance we reenter the stream of non-diet-related life!! I'm still adjusting.

I know what you mean! I stopped in yesterday but really had nothing much to share. I've settled into a comfortable routine with meals, and am happily surprised and amazed each day when I step on the scale. I've been exercising each day and still my weight has stayed stable. I never had the 4-5 pound jump I was told to expect when I moved to maintenance.

Construction on our new home is almost complete and we'll be closing by the end of next month. Can't wait! I've also started applying for jobs in the area in the hopes of not having to do a long distance commute until I retire.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Momto2cs 06-13-2013 11:49 AM

Hi ladies.
I'm having one of those days where I just want to eat anything I feel like.
I think I will go with it, consider it a treat and revert back to normal tomorrow!

cbl70 06-13-2013 12:03 PM

Hi all,
Just wanted to report that I am back on track. I had gained a few lbs...going over my "no kidding, get back on it number of 145". Last weekend I had a long romantic anniversary weekend with my husband. Enjoyed it very much but came back 2 lbs over. I'm happy to report that after a couple of days on Phase I I'm back below 145 and into my happy range of 141-144.

Thanks for all the support!