3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/279007-maintainers-vol-11-a.html)

KitKat169 05-31-2013 06:23 PM

Hi everyone, I'm sitting in an airport with a few moments to spare so I thought I should check in. Life is good but a little crazy. I'm living in 2 cities until August, trying to pack in one and find my way around the other. I've got a bit of a routine in place after a month. My weeks in Winnipeg, I am busy packing and trying to clean out my freezer so I do phase 3. I'm working from home so my commute time is taking a walk to get some movement into my day.

My weeks in Oakville are staying at my friend's house and commuting to an office. She is very health conscious so I'm doing phase 1 days mostly to keep some weight control and getting up early for a walk and going to bed earlier than normal to get plenty of stress-relieving sleep. I am also shopping for new home stuff, ordering what I can from my point reward programs to save a little money.

I leave for a vacation tour of Russia and the Baltic States in 3 weeks. In hindsight not the best timing but it was booked before the new job and I wasn't canceling. I think it will be good to have a mental break.

I miss reading the threads here but there just aren't enough hours in the day. I'm trying a few different food paths including making whole food vegetable smoothies to drink my lunch instead of taking time to prep and cook. I'm enjoying some strange sounding / looking combinations! Otherwise staying mostly paleo.

Time to rush off again and board my flight then a weekend of packing ahead. Hope everyone is doing ok and hope I can find time to read up soon on all your activities.

evepet 05-31-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbl70 (Post 4758725)
Evepet,
Don't you just hate that the extra LBS settle in the stomach area?
Anyway...I'm with you for Phase 1 next week. Good Luck!

I sure do! :) We can reinforce each other on P1 next week. :)

LizRR 05-31-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbl70 (Post 4758725)
Evepet,
Don't you just hate that the extra LBS settle in the stomach area?
Anyway...I'm with you for Phase 1 next week. Good Luck!

Tell me about it....LOL.....(says third-trimester-chick)...

Maile 06-01-2013 06:05 PM

Lizr: too funny..you certainly have pounds settling around your stomach with that baby.

Kitkat: It must be hard living between two cities. Your trip sounds so interesting. I would like to visit those places. Your maintenance is going well.

Good luck to those on Phase 1. I am sticking to Phase 3ish and avoiding all of the year end treats at school.

Dregan: The National Weight Control Board suggests a 3 percent range above and below..for me that is around 3 pounds. I have noticed that as time goes on I can gain 4 pounds from water retention or heaven knows what. I don't panic unless the scale does not go back down. Then I really start working on it.

Cbloe and Evepet: I gain weight around my stomach also.

joysh 06-01-2013 11:12 PM

Good to hear from everyone!

Question: do any of you have a snack in the evening? What do you have?

When I was on the phases I would eat a half of a pickle in the evening. Wondering if anyone has a different snack. This is in addition to the 4 pm snack, because I like that one. (usually a bar or fruit)

DRegan 06-01-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joysh (Post 4760098)

When I was on the phases I would eat a half of a pickle in the evening. Wondering if anyone has a different snack. This is in addition to the 4 pm snack, because I like that one. (usually a bar or fruit)

Well tonite I had vanilla torte Syntax Nectar, made in the blender with
lots of ice and some orange extract, like a creamsicle!! And its been a
heatwave here in CT, 90's, so it tasted so yummy!:) Added a serving of
whipped cream on top! I still had a big container of Nectar so thought
I should keep using it!
Sometimes I also have pickles or a sliced Cuke with
salt and pepper. Strawberries are good, lower carb fruit.

I try to keep my snack under 100 calories if possible and
lo carb. I'm about a month into maintence, still adding foods slowly, lol!

Bought alot of summer clothes, want them to fit, :dizzy:

D

scorbett1103 06-01-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

I am a fan of having a protein snack in the evening, usually yogurt with fruit or cottage cheese with tomato or cucumber mixed in.

LizRR 06-02-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4759820)
Dregan: The National Weight Control Board suggests a 3 percent range above and below..for me that is around 3 pounds. I have noticed that as time goes on I can gain 4 pounds from water retention or heaven knows what. I don't panic unless the scale does not go back down. Then I really start working on it.

That is a really good piece of info to keep in the back pocket for when I get back to maintenance!!!

Quote:

OOOhhhh....pickle sounds soooo good right now!!!! Hold the ice cream...sweet tooth is hibernating I guess.

blessedamberly 06-02-2013 09:24 AM

Good morning everyone! I will be joining you soon - started phase 3 Friday. I am wondering how everyone spaces their meals and snacks for the day in maintenance. Where are you calorie wise? Looking for suggestions or ideas because I am trying to make a plan- I know everyone is different- just need guidance. I have started working out as well, but want to do that first thing in the morning, any input on what to eat before that's not heavy? Thank you!

bubbleblower 06-02-2013 09:49 AM

Beck:Happy birthday!!For diving with Raynauds, I always make sure I've got full coverage (wetsuit, booties/socks, gloves, cap). I actually got a doctor's note to apply for a waiver for diving in Cayman with gloves since they're normally banned.

KitKat:Sounds like we have a number of parallels in our lives right now. I have clothes in VA, FL and Cayman. It's funny that having multiple homes has shown me how little I really need, since most of my "stuff" is actually in boxes in FL! Our vacation timing wasn't the best, but I'm glad we did it since I really needed the break. Now, it's back to reality but I feel better equipped to handle everything and not so emotionally raw as I did before. I hope you have smooth flights and easy travels - and a wonderful vacation!

blessedamberly:I usually have breakfast around 8, lunch around noon, and dinner between 6 and 7. Most of the time, I'll have a Quest bar as a snack in the mid-afternoon. I haven't been tracking lately so I'm not sure about calories, but I've added red wine back into my diet and definitely have more fat (almonds, avocados, cheese, olive oil, etc.) than before. I still go easy on the carbs. I got on the scale this morning and I'm the same as I was the day before we left for the Caymans. Honestly, I thought I'd be going back on P1, but I guess all the diving helped!

I've been staying pretty consistently under my initial goal of 134 and I think that will be the 'reboot' point for me. If I go over, I'll cut back. I finally have new pants and shorts that fit and don't want to mess that up! :)

canic 06-03-2013 12:34 AM

Hi everyone, I'm slowing making my way through this thread and trying to work out how I'm going to do maintenance. I like Phase 3, so I think I'll keep the breakfasts, add a little more fat to lunch and some carbs to dinner.

I am worried about what to eat for lunch. Phase 1 was very easy to prepare and phase 2/3 have been more difficult for lunch. So I was wondering what do you all eat for lunch? And is there a maintenance recipe thread like Phase 3 breakfasts?

Thanks.

Ishbel 06-03-2013 09:38 AM

KitKat169 Whoa, living between two cities...that would be very stressful. Glad you have a friend who is supportive.

joysh I generally have yogurt and fruit. I keep my fruit to TWO a day once in the morning and once at night. Sometimes I'll have an IP bar if I'm thinking about chocolate at night but even a year later I'm still loving my fruit and yogurt.

blessedamberly Brekkie is 7:00 am for me, lunch at 12 noon and supper around 5:30-6ish and then a snack at 830ish. Supper is later because VIP isn't home until 6 and it's only if I can wait (which I try to do). He's starting a new job soon so I'm hopeful it will be around 530 :) I've recently stopped tracking (did it for a year) and I was 1300-1500 without exercise and 1500-1800 with (which was only a protein bar after the workout - specifically the strawberry wafer lol)

bubbleblower WAY TO GO on keeping your weight in range while on vacation...nothing tastes as good as that feeling! :)

canic Scorbette started a thread but because maintenance is kinda what you make it (your rules for your body) it's a hit and miss. Or as someone once said "play, rewind, play". I use google a lot for all my low carb/no sugar recipes. I'll cook up some chicken on Sunday and make lots for lunches. I use rubs (although kinda digging the chicken parmesan shake and bake right now) so I use those for lunches and suppers. Can of salmon with mayo works for lunch, egg salad sandwich without the bread (complete with pickles/celery/green onions and paprika). hmmm...(haven't had coffee yet so this is tough thinking for me)...OOO I like to eat my sausages for lunch. So I'll have 2.5 links of sausages with low carb ketchup (chorizo sausage - smaller then a smokie and bigger then a breakfast sausage). I'm going to make spinach egg pie this week with no crust for our lunch. Hope that helps! :)

scorbett1103 Yes the bacon force is very strong...very hard to resist. The midi-chlorians pull me closer with their whispers (OMG I'm turning into a geek! - I knew that word without looking it up!) It's SO good...but I keep doing it and I'm sure it will catch up to me...if not the weight, then the salt. :)

+++++++++++++

Had my first dress fitting...happy to report I am still in love with it (haven't seen it since Nov.) :)!

Hope everyone has a great day!

cbl70 06-03-2013 09:53 AM

Hi Everyone,
I was in panic mode last week because there were 5 LBs that had taken hold. Since late last week, thanks to encouragement here, I jumped back on the IP wagon. Even with house guests this weekend I managed to lose 2 LBS by cutting out the extras that had started to become normal...a couple of handfuls of peanuts and some chocolate chips every day. Not a good normal.
Anyway, just by cutting those out, substituting a few meals with spinach shakes and being mindful of what I'm eating I have lost 2 LBS. With plans for a long weekend starting on Friday, I'm following a Phase III plan until then. (I just LOVE LizRR's cheesecake and apple/oatmeal pancakes for breakfast.) Since I still lost weight thru Phase III on my initial IP journey, I'm hopeful that this will work. Will keep you posted.
Evepet, Good Luck on you Phase I week. I'm thinking of you :-)

cbl70 06-03-2013 10:24 AM

I just wanted to share these Phase III breakfast recipes again because I love them sooooo much. (Thanks LizRR) I still have both of these at least once a week.

BERRY Cheesecake ________________________________________
Ingredients: (DOUBLE the recipe below to make a full pie pan.)

Filling:
1 Egg
4oz AllWhites Egg Whites
1 packet Knox Unflavored Gelatin
1/3 cup Lowfat Ricotta Cheese
1 cup Berries (Blackberries, Blueberries or Strawberries)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 tbsp No-Calorie Sweetener

Directions:

Assembly:

1. In mixing bowl, sprinkle in Gelatin to the Egg Whites and allow to dissolve/stir with fork ~1 minute. You want to make sure the gelatin gets correctly incorporated into the rest of the ingredients by dissolving in liquid first.
2. To the Gelatin & Egg Whites - add Ricotta, Egg, Vanilla, Sweetener and blend together in a blender or food processor.
3. Spray pie pan with PAM and pour custard mixture into pan.
4. Top your cheesecake with berries or sliced Strawberries.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for ~45 minutes
6. Allow to chill/set in the fridge

Note: The original recipe called for a graham cracker crust but I found that too tedious. Just eat 2 sheets of graham crackers with your cheesecake to get the grains for Phase III.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apple & Cinnamon Protein Pancakes ________________________________________
Ingredients:
Pancakes:
1/2 cup Oats, rolled, quick cooking
8 oz AllWhites Egg Whites
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Sweetener
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Apple, grated

Topping:
3 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese (I substituted vanilla Greek Yogurt)
1 tbsp WF Pancake Syrup (I substituted WF Caramel Syrup)

Directions:
1. Spray skillet with oil spray and preheat over medium heat.
2. In a small bowl whip together all of the pancake ingredients. Pour the mixture onto the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown, on each side. Tip: For a moister pancake, cover the skillet with a lid while the pancake is cooking.
3. While the pancake is cooking, mix/whip the FF Cream Cheese & WF Pancake Syrup together with a fork.
4. Serve your pancakes topped with your Maple Cream and enjoy!

Inspiration Recipe: http://www.joybauer.com/healthy-reci...-pancakes.aspx

Cheekyskeeter 06-03-2013 10:33 AM

I've been eating greek yogurt with berries, a whole wheat English muffin for breakfast. Snack in the morning is usually 2 hard boiled egg whites. Lunch is a sandwich usually with fat free ham or turkey and a slice of cheese with cucumbers on the side. Dinner will be whatever my husband makes us but usually chicken, beef or seafood with veggies and occasionally we have pasta for dinner with homemade sauce with sausages and veggies. Honestly I'm quite surprised that maintenance is going so well. I was expecting to have to keep doing P1 days here and there but so far I haven't done any. My weight fluctuates a couple of pounds but for the most part I'm sticking between 146 and 148. I haven't really been doing fun days as I'm quite happy with the food I'm eating. I've even had the odd dessert here and there with no effect on the scale. I think my biggest problem in the past was portion size and that I never used to eat breakfast. Since P3 I have been eating a nice big breakfast and I think it's helping me a lot with maintaining. I haven't really been drinking much wine since starting IP and I don't really miss it. I did overindulge Saturday night though. Went out for dinner with my hubby and I had 2 glasses of wine with dinner (dinner was healthy) and then we met up with a bunch of my girlfriends so I had 2 more glasses. Needless to say I was feeling no pain but honestly I wasn't happy with the way I felt. I think I'll be sticking to my Perrier in the future.