3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/279007-maintainers-vol-11-a.html)

safetylady 05-30-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4755904)
Things have been nuts here, hubby finally finished his Associates degree and gets his diploma Saturday! !

Congratulations to your husband!!! Is he graduating from BCC by any chance? Education is a wonderful thing. I also went back to college as an adult and received my bachelors at 50 and my masters at 53yrs old. Was always glad that I went back.

You have done so well and are in control of your eating. Good to know that you can fall back to Phase 1 when needed. I still stuggle with the whole maintenance thing but am learning.

Enjoy graduation!!!!!!!!!!!!

canic 05-30-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4756494)
Don't sweat it too much - remember that maintenance is LIFE - so unlike Phases 1-3 you aren't under hard restrictions anymore. Just be MINDFUL of everything you eat, take every opportunity to exercise/sightsee, and track as best you can. Listen to what your body is telling you, you will be MUCH more aware of overeating/bad reactions to food than you were pre-IP. If you have to do Phase 1 when you get home, so be it - but take this time to enjoy a great trip, and consider it a life-skills trial by fire. You'll do great!

This is great advice, thanks so much. I'm starting to see maintenance as less scary. It is going to be a balancing act between food + exercise and working out what works for me.

scorbett1103 05-30-2013 03:41 PM

Ishbel - I hear you on the bacon. The force is strong and hard to resist :) I know what you mean about your dad too, I lost my mom 16 years ago, and the year I got married it was tougher than normal knowing she wasn't there. But your dad WILL be there, in your heart (cheesy I know but it really is true) - have you thought about ways to pay small tribute to him within the wedding? For me, I had blue trim on my dress just like my mom did with her wedding dress, and my father/daughter dance was a song that was special to my mom from when we lived in Colorado. The process will have bittersweet moments, but they smile over us especially when we miss them the most :)

safetylady - yes he's graduating from BCC, with his degree in Graphic Design! It's really exciting, I'm so hopeful for him to get a good job now that he's out.

darbs7 05-30-2013 06:00 PM

Hey ladies still hanging around. Currently up about 13 pounds of the 75 lost. Started phase 1 to kick some of those to the curb before summer fun.

Momto2cs 05-30-2013 07:33 PM

Hey Darbs!!! Nice to see you!!!! Stupid pounds!

Ishbel - we eat bacon regularly. It does not seem to have any impact on my weight. And I love it.

Funny thing about weight. It does different things to everyone. Even after 2 kids and 2 c sections my stomach is flat, no stretch marks and no extra skin. Apparently I inherited very good genes. My dh has gained gained and lost and gained and lost again about 50 pounds. He definitely has the extra skin and stretch marks. But no c section scars lol

darbs7 05-30-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4757748)
Hey Darbs!!! Nice to see you!!!! Stupid pounds!

Ishbel - we eat bacon regularly. It does not seem to have any impact on my weight. And I love it.

Funny thing about weight. It does different things to everyone. Even after 2 kids and 2 c sections my stomach is flat, no stretch marks and no extra skin. Apparently I inherited very good genes. My dh has gained gained and lost and gained and lost again about 50 pounds. He definitely has the extra skin and stretch marks. But no c section scars lol

Weight is very weird...arms, chest, upper abdomen are trouble areas for me. Waist, hips, back end, legs...not so much. But when your upper body is bigger...people see it first and notice when you put a few pounds on quicker.

Momto2cs 05-30-2013 08:13 PM

I feel the same way because my arms are quite muscular form all the weight lifting I do. In pictures I can look big beside other people....I hat it, but like being strong

joysh 05-30-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4756271)
Speaking of my sons - I just need to say how proud I am of my older son (33) & his girlfriend...they live in the Tulsa area, but spent Memorial Day in Moore, OK, helping at 'ground zero'. Not only did they deliver a work van full of essentials for the residents, they stayed and helped in any way they could for the whole day. He said seeing the devastation in person really makes one rethink what is important in life...

Hey, Cindy! How wonderful of your son and his girlfriend to help out like that.

Here's an idea: I've got a bunch of coats that are just too big for me and I want them OUT of my closet and out of my life. I'm sure there are people in OK who have lost their clothes and need coat for the winter. I'll look into where we can send these items. I'd be happy to send them there where they will be used.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beck81 (Post 4756123)
Hi everyone, I'm still here! Today is my birthday and I turn 50! Which is ok since I'm the smallest I've been in my adult life.

Happy Birthday, Beck!!!
:bday2you:

Scorbett, that's great about your dh!! It's always wonderful to complete a degree! Actually, it's wonderful to complete ANYTHING, as we know!

All is well with me! I'm getting into the summer routine, which I love. Went to yoga for the first time yesterday. It was great in my "new body." I'm going to start swimming on non-yoga days.

LizRR 05-30-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4748989)
Re the shoes - going with the pink.

Went to the doc yesterday, we talked about babies (I'm not pregnant! We just talked). She told me to 'expect' to gain 20-35 lbs...:fr: If it EVER happens, I will need to be talked off a ledge quite frequently I think (even though I will know it's 'ok' and 'right'). LOL)

I won't lie to you, I have gained almost 30lb going into my 3rd trimester (26-weeks along now), gained more than I should have in my 1st trimester when I literally had to eat my way through the morning sickness. My hunger has been cut a lot lately now though, I am running out of room and heartburn is kicking in! I am still working out, did Bodypump tonight and even with cutting down my intensity I noticed I still was one of the stronger women in the class...the cardio is definitely affected recently, can barely walk up 1 flight of stairs and keep my breath! Even with the weight gain though I still feel comfortable in my body and am loving my baby belly. Feeling the kicks now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4753865)
Off to exercise. I think I am going to double exercise today to work off yesterday,

Enjoy the double duty workout!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter (Post 4754077)
I've been craving Indian food for a few weeks now and my hubby keeps saying lets go to what used to be my favourite indian buffet place but I keep changing my mind. I have gone to a few all you can eat places (usually sushi) but I'm worried about all that rice, bread and sauces at an Indian place. We actually walked in to one last week Thursday night I believe and walked out without ordering once I took a look at the buffet. I don't want to feel that awful bloated feeling again and I'm just not sure I'd be able to eat just a little.

Confession, had Indian for dinner tonight and am really having that "heavy feeling" right now! I had less than half of my dinner, but I am running out of room, belly space is running low!

Maile 05-31-2013 08:27 AM

Lizzyrr: That is so exciting when you feel the baby kicking. Enjoy your pregnancy and don't worry about the baby gain. I gained much more than 30 pounds when I had my twins!! I do remember getting winded on going up stairs. It seems lots of us like Indian food. It is wonderful. How many months are you. I did do my double exercise and it helped.

Momto2cs: Great job on looking good in a bikini. I am getting worried about my upcoming trip and not being able to strength train for a week. I can walk but may not have access to a gym. You are lucky about that flat stomach..I had 3 c sections and have loose skin.

Scorbette: Congrats on your husband's degree. That should be a marketable field for getting jobs. Hooray for Phase 1. It is nice to have this tool in place when we need it. It does work.

Ishbel: I can imagine that you are missing your dad as this special event gets closer. Hugs. Hang in there in these next crazy weeks. It is so exciting. I eat turkey bacon!

Beck: Happy 50th! Your maintenance is going well!

Cindy:Hope your maintenance is going well. Your son was so helpful to the people in Moor.

Hi Darbs: It is good to hear from you. Phase 1 does work! Before summer is a good time to be on it! We still have cold weather.

Canic: I would just try to eat as low carb as possible. Have a great trip with your family.

Safetylady: welcome to maintenance.

Joysh: I was thinking of taking a yoga class this summer as well..and am eyeing a women and weights class. Thanks for the info on WUV.

I am off to a school pizza party. I am not planning on having any!

DRegan 05-31-2013 12:32 PM

Hi,

Wow lots of great stuff going on for everyone!! awesome!
Babies, grads, weddings! vacations! so nice to see!!:carrot:
Too much bad stuff on the news better to stay here!! LOL!

Just wondering how many lbs up do you start to panic alittle?:dizzy:
I notice some days I'm down a lb or 2 and some days up 1-2lb from goal.
Guess this is probably normal, especially with women. Of course when I
was heavier I wasnt in the mode of weighing myself every day and seeing
the ups and downs.

Its a heat wave here in CT now, crazy weather these days!!
Have a good one!!:)

d

cbl70 05-31-2013 12:54 PM

DRegan,
The 1-2lbs up and down sounds normal. I was in that range for almost 6 months. Panic mode has now hit because I've crept up a solid 5 lbs from my normal during the last couple of weeks.

I've got vacations and long weekends scheduled over the next several weeks. So I'm beginning to worry that this gain is going to continue. How do I get this under control? Seems like my body has decided it's in gain mode again. Ugh!

Any advice would be appreciated.

DRegan 05-31-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbl70 (Post 4758545)
DRegan,
The 1-2lbs up and down sounds normal. I was in that range for almost 6 months. Panic mode has now hit because I've crept up a solid 5 lbs from my normal during the last couple of weeks.

I've got vacations and long weekends scheduled over the next several weeks. So I'm beginning to worry that this gain is going to continue. How do I get this under control? Seems like my body has decided it's in gain mode again. Ugh!

Any advice would be appreciated.

I would get on P1 right away if it was me! :dizzy: Especially if youve got
things coming up!
Hang in there!, :hug: You can refocus!

D:)

evepet 05-31-2013 01:52 PM

Hi everyone! This certainly has been a busy thread lately - nice to see. :)

I'm suddenly up a couple of lbs over my maintenance ceiling... the scale has been weighing here all week, and this time I don't think it's water retention, as I made a point the last couple of days to drink lots of water. I think I've overindulged these past couple of weeks by allowing my Fun Day to become more like a Fun Weekend.

And unfortunately the extra 2 lbs are settled right in my stomach area... best to put a stop to it now, while it's only 2 lbs.

I have a family event and visitors for dinner this weekend, so I'm giving myself permission to have another (moderate) Fun Day with them on Sunday. But on Monday I'm starting a week of P1 to get these couple of lbs off and get back down to where I want to be again (below 150lbs). And I'll approach Fun Days with more caution from here on forward....

cbl70 05-31-2013 03:50 PM

Evepet,
Don't you just hate that the extra LBS settle in the stomach area?
Anyway...I'm with you for Phase 1 next week. Good Luck!