3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/279007-maintainers-vol-11-a.html)

bubbleblower 05-29-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4755801)
Bubbleblower: I loved the pictures! Thanks for sharing. I cannot believe how clear the water is..great visibility. Is that a coral plant in the last one? Lovely.I like that wall dive..no wet suit for your BIL? It must be warm.

Yes, there are several different types of coral in the pic. The reef is covered with coral and sponges and the colors are beautiful once you light them up. You lose a lot of the reds and oranges as you go deeper and need to light them for them to show up.

The water is about 83 degrees. I'm still in a 3 mil (about a quarter inch) wetsuit as I get cold easily. I also wear at least a 1 mil regardless of the temp just to protect my skin against accidental scrapes.

Well, time to go get ready to get wet! Think we're taking the scooters out today. :)

DRegan 05-29-2013 09:49 AM

Bubbleblower, thanks so much for sharing such beautiful
pictures!! We are boaters and love fishing, I'm just better above
the water. LOL!!!
Enjoy!

D:)

scorbett1103 05-29-2013 10:34 AM

Bubbleblower - amazing photos!

Joysh - love your shopping story :) It's crazy to think where we were shopping for clothes a year ago. I was at Wal Mart a few weeks ago, started to look for summer tops in the "Just My Size" section, then had to remind myself that's not my section anymore. Ended up buying a couple of tube tops from the Misses section instead :)

Things have been nuts here, hubby finally finished his Associates degree and gets his diploma Saturday! It's been a long road, he has ADD and dropped out of college the first time around with mostly D's and F's...he is graduating Cum Laude after 17 years this weekend :) So we've been dealing with end of school stuff, prepping for graduation, and job hunting. I went WAY off the plantation on Sunday, ate far too much and paid for it in stomach pains. Phase 1 days are ahead, but I am so glad to have a "safety net" when I need it! I am finding P1 days are a great reminder of where I've come from, and a good mental reset when I may have loosened the reins a little too much. My weight isn't unmanageable anymore, that's a gift all by itself!

De11s 05-29-2013 11:13 AM

Great pics bubbleblower thank you so much for sharing. I'd love to learn to dive someday.

joysh 05-29-2013 11:17 AM

Bubbleblower, I also really enjoyed those pictures. WOW!!

Diving is one thing on my list To Do Now That I am Thinner. I need to start doing these and checking them off the list!!!

Beck81 05-29-2013 12:59 PM

Hi everyone, I'm still here! Today is my birthday and I turn 50! Which is ok since I'm the smallest I've been in my adult life.

Bubbleblower, great diving pics. We are going to St. John USVI in June and love to snorkel. This is our fifth time there. We love Cozumel too. I was wondering how i will be snorkeling with my Raynauds. I have a long sleeve rash guard but didn't know if I would need more? I would like to talk to you about it sometime.

I'm doing well in maintenance, not many carbs either. Sorry not many posts but I do read up on everyone. Take care!

greeniris 05-29-2013 02:24 PM

This is really good information Maile. More reason to get back to the gym...

Ishbel - So glad you had a great party!

Lizzy63, Maile, & Gazelle: I haven't tried the Skinny Cow brand, but I have the same problem with Weight Watchers frozen treats - 1 simply isn't enough! So have to stop buying them.

Cheekyskeeter - Glad to hear maintenance is going well for you, and that your feet have cleared up. I hear you on the procrastinating in beginning your running. I haven't been to the gym in a while (though have been very busy with yard work). I find myself falling asleep quite often at home when I sit down for a bit.

Joysh - You did great at the restaurant! Last time I ate at a Chinese restaurant (pre-IP) I left feeling bloated and icky, and haven't wanted to go back. VIP has been asking when we can go again, but am really resisting!

Bubbleblower - So glad to hear you're able to get away and relax again...you've had a rough couple of months. I'd love to get back to the Bahamas/Virgin Islands, etc, for some snorkeling and relaxation. I tried scuba diving once, but it wasn't for me! Love the pics - you've got some great under-water photog. equipment.

Maile - I imagine this is a very stressful time of year at school! It's almost over then you'll have the summer to yourself.

Joysh - Love the clothing store story!

Scorbett1103 - I too find myself drifting to the 'Womens' section at times...
Congrats to your DH on his degree. Having raised 2 sons with ADHD I understand why it took him a while to find his feet, but sounds like he did very well once he found his direction. You will get back on track quickly.

Beck81 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECK!!!!! Glad to hear maintenance is going well for you.

Speaking of my sons - I just need to say how proud I am of my older son (33) & his girlfriend...they live in the Tulsa area, but spent Memorial Day in Moore, OK, helping at 'ground zero'. Not only did they deliver a work van full of essentials for the residents, they stayed and helped in any way they could for the whole day. He said seeing the devastation in person really makes one rethink what is important in life...

Cheekyskeeter 05-29-2013 02:25 PM

Bubbleblower thanks for posting those pics! Beautiful!!! I too would love to learn how to dive.

canic 05-29-2013 04:03 PM

Hi everyone,
This is such a great thread. I need to find the time to read it from the beginning. I'm in Phase 3 and looking ahead to maintenance. It's kind of scary, but I'll find a way.

Unfortunately I start maintenance just days before 2 weeks seeing family overseas. I won't always have control over the food. I think I can mostly eat a breakfast similar to phase 3 and I'll limit portions of other things. I'm hoping to take either some IP or quest bars with me, but not sure about customs requirements. I thought if I could come up with several snack and lunch options, I can do a grocery shop and try to control what I eat when I can, and then limit dinner portions.

I'm pretty sure I'll need to do phase 1 when I come back to get back on track.

Thanks.

scorbett1103 05-29-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canic (Post 4756374)
Hi everyone,
This is such a great thread. I need to find the time to read it from the beginning. I'm in Phase 3 and looking ahead to maintenance. It's kind of scary, but I'll find a way.

Unfortunately I start maintenance just days before 2 weeks seeing family overseas. I won't always have control over the food. I think I can mostly eat a breakfast similar to phase 3 and I'll limit portions of other things. I'm hoping to take either some IP or quest bars with me, but not sure about customs requirements. I thought if I could come up with several snack and lunch options, I can do a grocery shop and try to control what I eat when I can, and then limit dinner portions.

I'm pretty sure I'll need to do phase 1 when I come back to get back on track.

Thanks.

Don't sweat it too much - remember that maintenance is LIFE - so unlike Phases 1-3 you aren't under hard restrictions anymore. Just be MINDFUL of everything you eat, take every opportunity to exercise/sightsee, and track as best you can. Listen to what your body is telling you, you will be MUCH more aware of overeating/bad reactions to food than you were pre-IP. If you have to do Phase 1 when you get home, so be it - but take this time to enjoy a great trip, and consider it a life-skills trial by fire. You'll do great!

Lizzy63 05-29-2013 09:42 PM

Happy Birthday, Beck!

Welcome, Canic - lots of good people here - make yourself at home.

Scorbett - enjoy those tube tops while you can! At my age (I'm pretty sure I've got a few years on you) and having lost 50+ pounds, that would not be a pretty sight! I require some serious support up top to keep things in place.

Thanks for sharing, Bubbleblower - Looks like you're having a great time!

Momto2cs 05-29-2013 09:47 PM

Those are great pictures. Just wanted to say hi!
I am still enjoying my precision nutrition program. I am comfortable wearing a bikini in public still. So I'm good!

But it takes work!

scorbett1103 05-29-2013 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=Lizzy63;4756684]
Scorbett - enjoy those tube tops while you can! At my age (I'm pretty sure I've got a few years on you) and having lost 50+ pounds, that would not be a pretty sight! I require some serious support up top to keep things in place.
[QUOTE]

LOL don't get me wrong - I've got a great strapless bra keeping things in order there :) And you probably have less years on me than you think, I'm ringing in the new year next year with a 40th birthday month :)

patns 05-29-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4755798)
That is a great NSV buying clothes in the petite section. I used to shop in the Plus section. Losing 80 pounds is such an accomplishment. That was interesting to be a listener on that conversation. I bet they never would have believed you were once heavier.
I was wondering if anyone knew how WUV was doing. I have always loved her success.

I see WUV on FB. She is doing quite well, is in phase 4 now. She had an appointment for a consultation for a tummy tuck and hopes to be able to get that done in the near future if she can raise the funds.

Ishbel 05-30-2013 01:00 PM

scorbett1103 tube tops! woohoo...I need more support then that...my boobies are LONG geez and I still can't get into La Senza bras. Strapless bras don't do me any favors either, they just squish me in and they are 'lower' on my chest (makes me laugh in the dressing room though and if I'm with a friend I'll open the door and be austin powers "does this make you randy?!" :)

bubbleblower Beautiful pictures! I've only ever snorkled and I used to pop my head up "tanya come over here!" without realizing that I had to take the contraption out of my mouth (it was very funny in my world and I'm sure everyone does it) :)

beck Happy belated Birthday!

patns :wave: :)

mom WOOHOO for bikini's! I don't think I'll ever be there...even with a tummy tuck (if that ever happens) I might just like my tankini's still.

++++++

So I was a little blue this week, on Monday it was 6 years since my dad has past away and I think it was a little harder this year due to the wedding. Can't really help when people ask 'father/daughter' questions when they just don't know (so it's totally ok) but it still was a little harder.

When I first started maintenance I said "ok, it took you one year and now you have one year to get used to this body and how it works"....so I think with the wedding business I'm just getting uber busy but I've stopped tracking my food and I think I'm ok with that 'right now'. I think I told the universe that I had one year and it happened to be around this time and well...lets try it. I eat less then when I track which I find interested (said that before) but last night I got into some bacon (I was making salads for lunch and sprinkle bacon on them) so I had 2-3 tsp (OK TBSP! lol) of shredded bacon LOL and I thought "are you doing this because you aren't tracking"...and really thought about it. So, still learning here :) but I think for the month of June we'll see what happens without tracking as I want to trust my choices long term.

Hope everyone has a great day :)