3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/279007-maintainers-vol-11-a.html)

DRegan 05-10-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbleblower (Post 4737766)
Hi everyone. I haven't been checking in much lately as we've been busy with our move, and then I learned of my mom's death on the morning of our move. It was devastating, and not the way I really wanted to start out May. It was quite a difficult trip driving from VA to FL and knowing that my mom wouldn't be there when we arrived. It was also difficult flying back to VA two days ago, and leaving my DH and most of my earthly possessions in FL, ready to be moved into the new house once construction is completed in July. On the plus side (I guess), I saw the 120s for the first time since about 1990 this morning, but did try to eat a bit more than normal so I don't keep dropping. (I've not updated my ticker or profile in awhile, but I've been consistently below my original goal and this morning saw a several pound drop.)

I'm still doing P3 breakfasts and morning seems to be the time I have the best appetite so that works well for me. I can't really say I'm having cravings for any of the things I really used to crave (mostly junk carbs).

My plan for tomorrow is to finally get myself a pair of pants that fit. At this point I have clothes in Cayman, FL and VA and in not one place do I have a pair of well fitting jeans or shorts. :o Thank goodness for belts!

Hope you all are doing well.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom. :(
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
It is a very stressful time, take care of yourself!
We're here for you! :hug::hug:

D

scorbett1103 05-10-2013 11:14 PM

Bubbleblower, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. :hug::hug::hug:

mommak8 05-10-2013 11:41 PM

Bubbleblower- your family is in my thoughts this weekend as we celebrate all of our Mothers... those present, as well as those passed.

joysh 05-10-2013 11:42 PM

Bubbleblower, so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself. :hug::hug:

Cheekyskeeter 05-11-2013 07:13 AM

I'm so sorry bubbleblower!

gazelle 05-11-2013 07:43 AM

Bubbleblower- I am also so sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace and serenity at this difficult time......

greeniris 05-11-2013 09:00 AM

Bubbleblower - so sorry for your loss. ((HUGS)) Do take care of yourself...

Ishbel 05-11-2013 10:23 AM

Awe, bubbleblower....I am so very sorry :hug: I'm sending you caring thoughts. :hug:

scorbett1103 05-11-2013 04:50 PM

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

I had my 3 hr Zumba marathon this morning, it went great! I was able to get through the whole thing with only a few short breaks for water and bathroom :) I ended up winning a couple raffles too, I got a gift certificate to a local spa and a new Fitbit Zip! I'm playing with that now, trying to figure it out :)

I am interested to see what long exertion like that does to my weight - I expect there will be some water retention while my muscles repair, I am already feeling sore so I will be doing some light yoga tonight to stretch everything out and hopefully ease some of that soreness. I didn't change my eating at all today other than adding a protein shake and having a few slices of orange while the Zumba was going on, so we'll see what shows on the scale!

evepet 05-11-2013 05:56 PM

HI everyone. Haven't had time to spend here as much as I used to - work is still keeping me very busy - so I wanted to drop in today and see what everyone is up to.

Bubbleblower - so sorry to hear about your Mom. Hugs to you. :hug: Take care and be very kind to yourself.

Joysh - your sushi meal sounds delicious.

Lizzy63 - haven't heard of The New Glucose Revolution, but will certainly check into it. I love reading diet-related books. It reinforces my good intentions. I've currently the cookbook from the fellow that wrote Wheat Belly downloaded onto my e-reader, and have been reviewing the recipes. E-Readers are great, but it's certainly better to have things like cookbooks in hardcopy for easy reference. But I'm trying to decide whether it's one I want or not.

Scorbett - your Zumba marathon sounds like fun - and rather exhausting. :) Congrats too on winning the gift certificate to a local spa and a new Fitbit Zip... those are very nice prizes! And useful.
----

Things much as usual here. My morning WI still has me under my maintenance ceiling, so all is well. I've tended to have Saturday as my Fun Day, so was considering what I wanted to treat myself to today as I did my grocery shopping. Funny though, not too much 'junk' made it's way into my cart. I ended up buying some frozen yogourt treats... and decided I've have pasta for dinner tonight - I ended up buying a pack of cheese cannelloni, and I'll have that with salad and veggies. I've just entered everything into FatSecret.com and was surprised that my day overall is still very low calorie, and relatively low carb/sugar/sodium because I stayed pretty low carb at both breakfast and lunch - that was just what I felt like eating. So I doubt I'll need a P1 day tomorrow... unless I decide later to splurge by going to a local restaurant for a takeout order of pie or something! (They make a delicious lemon meringue pie.....) That would definitely turn dinner into a 'Fun Meal'. :)

I hope all of you 3FC-IP Moms & Grandmoms have a great day tomorrow. :hug:

Came back at 6:30pm to add.... the idea of a piece of lemon merigue pie definitely appealed.... I got it and it's waiting now on my counter for dessert. Yum. Hope it tastes as good as I remember.... this will be the first I've had in over a year.

Lizzy63 05-12-2013 10:54 AM

Bubbleblower - so sorry to hear about your Mom. Sending you a hug for Mothers Day... :hug:

bubbleblower 05-13-2013 07:51 AM

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. It was a difficult Mother's Day this year, to say the least.

I'm back out of the 120s (barely) so that's a good thing. I really didn't want my weight to go much lower. I've yet to do a 'fun day' as none of the foods that used to appeal to me seem to anymore, and my choices are all pretty low carb. I've added more fat to my diet and still love my big breakfasts (egg/ham/cheese sandwich and berries/yogurt are my staples), but even at restaurants I don't go for the heavy choices. I think my tastes have changed, and my appetite definitely has (although I realize part of it certainly may be due to the stress lately). I used to be ravenous in the mid-afternoon and now I pretty easily go without even a snack between lunch and dinner.

I'm still curious to see how my cholesterol looks post-IP since the lab screwed up on my last round of blood work and didn't test for everything they should have. I've added a Vitamin D supplement to my regime since I was low on that end, and also added in B12.

Hope you all have a great day.

Maile 05-13-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbleblower (Post 4737766)
Hi everyone. I haven't been checking in much lately as we've been busy with our move, and then I learned of my mom's death on the morning of our move. It was devastating, and not the way I really wanted to start out May. It was quite a difficult trip driving from VA to FL and knowing that my mom wouldn't be there when we arrived. It was also difficult flying back to VA two days ago, and leaving my DH and most of my earthly possessions in FL, ready to be moved into the new house once construction is completed in July. On the plus side (I guess), I saw the 120s for the first time since about 1990 this morning, but did try to eat a bit more than normal so I don't keep dropping. (I've not updated my ticker or profile in awhile, but I've been consistently below my original goal and this morning saw a several pound drop.)

I'm still doing P3 breakfasts and morning seems to be the time I have the best appetite so that works well for me. I can't really say I'm having cravings for any of the things I really used to crave (mostly junk carbs).

My plan for tomorrow is to finally get myself a pair of pants that fit. At this point I have clothes in Cayman, FL and VA and in not one place do I have a pair of well fitting jeans or shorts. :o Thank goodness for belts!

Hope you all are doing well.

I was so sorry to hear about your mom. What a difficult time for you tied in with your moving. My thoughts are with you and your family. Hugs.

I had to laugh at your belts and pants. I am still wearing a pair of green leggings that would fall off without a belt. I should get a smaller size, but I like the color. I hope you find a pair that fits you.

If you increase your fat intake, that could stop the pounds going down. I went through a stressful period also and got too low. Do you like avocados or peanut sauce? My cholesterol was fine even though I have added more fat to my diet.

dawn again 05-13-2013 01:05 PM

So very sorry about your Mom, bubbleblower.

Ishbel 05-13-2013 10:01 PM

scorbett1103 WHOA 3 hours, well done!

bubbleblower I need to send you another hug...so :hug: ...as for fun day, mine are just relaxing on the rules I actually avoid quite a few things, I had some chocolate this weekend and it was a square off a caramel bar....VIP brought me a small slurpee and I drank half of it and dumped the other half.

++++

In fact I spent some time reflecting yesterday again. I really felt my fun day was overboard...I even commented to the VIP "I don't know what's wrong with me"...so then yesterday I was doing some gentle self talk "ok, so yesterday wasn't the norm, you won't gain it all back because you aren't doing that everyday and you're balancing it out". I was greatly surprised that the 'old' Ishbel came out...almost out the blue (if you know what I mean). I think it's ok that she came out as long as it's not every weekend. THEN today I re-thought all of yesterdays reflections and realized that perhaps it wasn't as bad as I thought (like really...a square of a chocolate bar - not that I was upset that I ate it but I ate more mozza cheese instead lol). Maybe it was a lot for me NOW not for me 2.5 years ago. Does that make sense?

Anyway, lots of time thinking to myself and trying to have some self compassion and reminding myself that I'm "normal" lol