3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/279007-maintainers-vol-11-a.html)

Maile 05-07-2013 10:11 AM

Cheekyskeeter: You are having fun buying new clothes. I wish we had a Joe Fresh store. Don't they have clothes from all over the world?

Evepet: your monthly pizza with your friends sounds yummy. My son makes his own crust, sauce, and vows his pizza are better than store bought pizzas.

Joysh: You can always do P1 when you get back. The twins sound so cute. I
had twin boys and loved them.

Dregan: I have not used that flavor.I have liked the Protidiet products also.

Pocohantas: I enjoy those p3 breakfasts also.

I am in my range and happy today. Now to make myself exercise afterwork.

scorbett1103 05-07-2013 11:08 AM

joysh - I love homemade pizza! I actually plugged my ingredients into MFP and found that I could have 1 slice for dinner and as long as I ate a big salad with it, the nutritional breakdown worked out! I make the dough from scratch using part whole wheat flour, use crushed tomato instead of jarred pasta sauce (less sodium and no sugar), and measure out 2 cups of reduced fat mozzarella for a full cookie sheet-sized pizza so there's very little fat per slice. I don't use extra oil or toppings other than veggies, so it's not greasy at all like pizza parlor fare :)

I had fallen off the exercise routine, but then I realized yesterday that my first 5k is on Father's day (7 weeks away!) - so I need to get back on the training track! I'm also doing a 3 hour Zumba marathon on Saturday to raise money for my local YMCA. We'll see if I'm still standing after that :)

Maile 05-08-2013 09:20 AM

Scorbette: That is a great idea of using crushed tomatoes instead of pasta sauce. I have found cooking with crushed tomatoes really adds to recipes. Good luck on your training.

Cheekyskeeter 05-08-2013 09:53 AM

Good luck Scorbette! I did a 5k in October last year and loved it (even though it was freezing cold and pouring rain). I had planned to do the three runs this year but that was before I started IP and haven't been training so I will probably have to wait until the second race. I was hoping to start running again now that I'm in maintenance but I suffer with severe psoriasis on my hands and feet and at the moment my feet are horrendous. Thankfully the weather has been so nice I'm able to wear sandals and flipflops as I can't take anything touching my heels right now. Unfortunately it looks like are summer like weather is going to change in the next couple of days so I may have to suffer through wearing 'real' shoes for a bit.

I would love to try making homemade pizza....or I should say I would love for my DH to make it lol.

Hope everyone is doing well!

greeniris 05-08-2013 10:53 AM

Scorbett - good luck with your training! And what a great idea, to use crushed tomatoes in place of pizza sauce - thanks for sharing!

Cheeky - hope your feet & hands clear up soon...

Maile - Glad you're back in your range, but I had no doubts you'd get there quickly.

Maile 05-09-2013 08:57 AM

Hi Cindy..thanks for the encouragement. I hope you are having a good week. I am always happiest being in my range!

Cheeky, I hope your hands and feet start feeling better and that you get back to running soon.

I liked the thread on getting used to the new me. I still look in the mirror and sometimes see myself as thin and other times think my muscled thighs should be thinner.

Have a great day everyone.

greeniris 05-09-2013 11:03 AM

Good morning! Had a great dinner with Molly last night - love the idea of becoming friends in real life. It would be wonderful to be able to meet more of you in person, but I don't see traveling in my near future. (Will meet Lisa this summer though, when she is in the area. Maybe she'll give me a good shake or kick in the hind-end to keep me OP! lol)

I need to check out that thread Maile...lately I've been seeing myself nearly as heavy as I was when I started IP a year ago. I'm not even close, but the mirror can play tricks with the mind. Edit - I DID read this yesterday - really need to find something to improve the memory...sheesh.

Have been killing time at work this morning - think a virus found it's way into my computer. Every day this week it has spontaneously restarted itself just before 1:30. Running a scan now...

Ishbel 05-09-2013 12:28 PM

cheeky I too hope your hands and feet heal soon.

greeniris funny how computers were suppose to make life easier but when they break down or the power goes out 'boom - what to do' lol

maile I too liked the thread of getting used to the new me. I still sometimes do a double take when I see myself in the mirror "is that really me?" - some days I feel frumpy and some days I feel 'thin'. Interesting how our minds work.

+++++++++

Spinning at work a lot lately, had a huge function yesterday that I was the coordinator of, my mind is spinning and foggy still (was in bed at 9:00 pm last night and didn't wake up until the alarm went). I'm sure it was practice for the wedding as it was "Ishbel this, Ishbel that, Ishbel do you want this here" etc etc..I wanted to yell "my name isn't ISHBEL, it's KRISTA!" and make them go find someone else to ask the questions of lol

At the function we had moulage makeup (it's a theatrical make up technique for wounds - used mainly for movies, zombies but also disaster excersises)...I asked for a gun shot wound to the head and then told everyone "I'm bada$$, I get a shot to the head and I still work!" :D

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

joysh 05-09-2013 11:24 PM

How often do you do a P1 day? I haven't done one yet, but it's time, I think. There's talk about it on the other thread (crazy question thread) but I wanted to get maintainers' take on it.

evepet 05-09-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joysh (Post 4736694)
How often do you do a P1 day? I haven't done one yet, but it's time, I think. There's talk about it on the other thread (crazy question thread) but I wanted to get maintainers' take on it.

As far as I'm aware you don't worry about doing a P1 day unless you do a Fun Day... then (presuming you've had a pretty significant Fun Day) you are supposed to follow it with a strict P1.

Ishbel 05-09-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

I have fun day on Saturday and a phase 1 day immediately following it on Sunday. Perfect or near perfect phase 1 day.

Lizzy63 05-10-2013 09:18 PM

Hi all! Busy week - finally decided to see what was going on on this thread and I FOUND US ON PAGE 2!!!'

Cindy - it's so great that you were able to get together with Molly - I would love to meet some of the 3FCs too, but I'm here in central IL - don't think anybody is nearby...

Anybody heard of a book called the New Glucose Revolution? Someone mentioned it to me, just wondering....

Joysh - I have been on maintenance since early December and have not done a single phase 1 day. I just balance out with lower carb/calorie days and it seems to work fine for me. I think others (like Ishbel) are pretty strict about it. If I start to slide and gain weight, I will definitely do it! I guess this is the "figuring out what works for you" part of it.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

scorbett1103 05-10-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Only after a fun day. And really, only if I do a fun DAY. If I have a fun MEAL, I just do a P3-ish day the next day.

joysh 05-10-2013 10:18 PM

Scorbett, Lizzy, Ishbel, Evepet, Maile, thanks.

Tonight I had my first "off plan" meal. Well, sort of. I went out for sushi with friends and had my favorite roll, miso soup, and some tuna sashimi. I guess the only thing was the roll which had a little bit of tempora shrimp and Japanese mayo and some kind of sauce. This was also my first rice in 10 months.

It all tasted good to me and I don't feel stuffed-to-sickness. According to your replies I can do a low-carb Phase 2 or 3 day tomorrow. I guess I'll try that out. I might have an IP drink for breakfast, though and then P2/3 lunch and dinner and I think that should do it.

I guess I really need to experiment and see how to handle these things. My coach said it's a bit like a "freefall" until we really get into a good groove about how to eat and how to maintain a good balance. You are all helping me through this adjustment. I guess the longer one has been on Phase One, the more of an adjustment it is to formulate a lifetime eating plan that will keep us at the weight we want to me and still keep us "in the world of normal."

Bring it on! I'm ready to learn and do it! Thanks for the help!

Cindy and Molly! How fun that you got to meet and have lunch together! What a treat!

bubbleblower 05-10-2013 11:28 PM

Hi everyone. I haven't been checking in much lately as we've been busy with our move, and then I learned of my mom's death on the morning of our move. It was devastating, and not the way I really wanted to start out May. It was quite a difficult trip driving from VA to FL and knowing that my mom wouldn't be there when we arrived. It was also difficult flying back to VA two days ago, and leaving my DH and most of my earthly possessions in FL, ready to be moved into the new house once construction is completed in July. On the plus side (I guess), I saw the 120s for the first time since about 1990 this morning, but did try to eat a bit more than normal so I don't keep dropping. (I've not updated my ticker or profile in awhile, but I've been consistently below my original goal and this morning saw a several pound drop.)

I'm still doing P3 breakfasts and morning seems to be the time I have the best appetite so that works well for me. I can't really say I'm having cravings for any of the things I really used to crave (mostly junk carbs).

My plan for tomorrow is to finally get myself a pair of pants that fit. At this point I have clothes in Cayman, FL and VA and in not one place do I have a pair of well fitting jeans or shorts. :o Thank goodness for belts!

Hope you all are doing well.