3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/279007-maintainers-vol-11-a.html)

ABue1 04-23-2013 08:38 PM

How many of you doing well in maintenance did the full 2 weeks of phase 2 and 3. I'm thinking of shortening them both and I'm wondering what the ramifications of that decision might be.

bubbleblower 04-23-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABue1 (Post 4717123)
How many of you doing well in maintenance did the full 2 weeks of phase 2 and 3. I'm thinking of shortening them both and I'm wondering what the ramifications of that decision might be.

I'm relatively new to maintenance, but am finding it a piece of cake to maintain at this point.

I did at least 2 full weeks of P2 (actually a much longer period of combined P1 and P2) and a full 2 weeks on P3.

I think that easing back in is important.

joysh 04-23-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbleblower (Post 4717200)
I'm relatively new to maintenance, but am finding it a piece of cake to maintain at this point.

I did at least 2 full weeks of P2 (actually a much longer period of combined P1 and P2) and a full 2 weeks on P3.

I think that easing back in is important.

Just saw my coach today. She gave me the maintenance papers! But I've got another half week on P3 and I think it will be another week before I really start maintenance because I'm going out of town this week and then have a performance on Tuesday evening. I'd rather do the extra few days on P4, then start the rest of my life.

P3 is just fine with me, but I know I'll be ready to have a bit of avocado pretty soon! You all are my inspiration, so I know it's possible.

evepet 04-23-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

I've been without a coach for most of my dieting here, and had read that some folks are now being told to skip P2 and move directly to P3. So that's what I did. But I think it's essential to do the 2 full weeks on P3.

Looking back, I think having at least one week of P2 could be useful for getting used to re-incorporating 'normal' lunch protein rather than a packet. When you skip P2 entirely and go directly to P3 you have to plan the 'real protein' lunch as well as the P3 breakfast all at the same time. Which is do-able - but some people might prefer to tackle them one at a time.

So far so good on maintenance for me... but it's early days. I'm just beginning my 4th week on maintenance.

cbl70 04-23-2013 10:00 PM

I doing very well 5 months into maintenance. My phaseout did include 2 full weeks each on Phases 2 and 3. Personally I think both phases were important. I've often thought that the entire IP program was "training for maintenance". So doing two full weeks in both Phase 2 and 3 was just additional training. I'd recommend it.

Beck81 04-24-2013 12:07 AM

Hi everyone. I just realized that today is my one year anniversary of starting the IP diet. I can't believe it has been a year. And a good one! I reached my goal the beginning of the year and maintenance is going well.

I am doing a recipe class tomorrow for my clinic. I'll tell you all more about it after tomorrow. I need to get to sleep so I can get up early to make some of the recipes, go to work for awhile and come back home to finish and then do the class. Wish me luck, I'm going to be nervous!

joysh 04-24-2013 01:23 AM

Happy IP Anniversary, Beck! Wow, 109 pounds! That's impressive! But the months on maintenance are also impressive!

gazelle 04-24-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

I actually did a prolonged P2 (about a month) and 2 full weeks of P3. I think that it has helped me not only physically to ease back in to maintenance eating, but also mentally. Maintenance is difficult. It is still a constant day to day process of figuring out what works. Having that structure for a little longer really helped me. I still stick to mostly a P2/P3 way of eating with added in extras like nuts, avocado, wine on the weekends, etc. I would encourage you to do the full phase off, if only because your "normal" way of eating is going to be very different from before the diet!

gazelle 04-24-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beck81 (Post 4717357)
Hi everyone. I just realized that today is my one year anniversary of starting the IP diet. I can't believe it has been a year. And a good one! I reached my goal the beginning of the year and maintenance is going well.

I am doing a recipe class tomorrow for my clinic. I'll tell you all more about it after tomorrow. I need to get to sleep so I can get up early to make some of the recipes, go to work for awhile and come back home to finish and then do the class. Wish me luck, I'm going to be nervous!

Congrats!! You have accomplished so much and have alot to be proud of!!! And Good luck!

DRegan 04-24-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Wow congrats!!! :carrot:

Todays my 2nd day of P4, woohooo!!!
Just taking it very slow, added alittle cheese(which i missed so much)
to my salad at lunch, was great!! Still sticking to veggies and protein at
dinner, gonna give it a few days before I had a carb to my dinner, maybe
this weekend. Gonna monitor the scale daily see if anything changes.
I fell in love with protidiet vanilla shake with couple drops of almond extract and cinnamon, like a milkshake! No deprived feeling here at all!! YUM!

One day at a time!! Thanks for all the good advice and support!

Have a great day everyone!:hug:

D:)

scorbett1103 04-24-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

P2 can be shortened, but P3 needs to be 2 weeks. I did a shortened P2 (about a week), by the time I got to the end of the first week of P2 my digestive system was handling the extra food well and I felt mentally ready to move forward. I had also been spending time at the end of P1 thinking and planning how I would handle maintenance eating so that didn't sneak up on me.

Quote:

Congrats on one year!!! And knock 'em dead in the class!

Ishbel 04-24-2013 09:53 AM

ABue1 I did a full two weeks of both phases. I know my clinic lets you do 1 week of Phase 2 and still insists on 2 weeks of Phase 3. I know others here have jumped right onto Phase 3 but my coach still wants both phases.

evepet I'm with you on the pizza, when I had my 'first' taste in maintenance I was like "meh", which surprised me and pleased me at the same time :)

Beck A "recipe" class sounds interesting, can't wait to hear more about it.

bubbleblower I'm with you on the hunger, it's there but not like it used to be. I do get hungry...and some days I want to chew my arm off but usually that's around 1130 and I think about my mom and what she used to say when I was a kid "you can wait, it's not long till lunch time" :) I remind myself "You're suppose to be hungry around noon if you eat on a schedule that allows a meal at noon."

scorbette I've never heard of Tabata, I don't think it's offered around...might have to keep my eyes open.

maile The wound that I had takes a long time to heal :/ there is no pain anymore but I'm in sneakers everyday trying to keep it that way. Thanks for asking, I'm trying not to whine as much as I was before LOL :D

Hope everyone has a great day!

Momto2cs 04-24-2013 11:31 AM

I never did phase 3 or 4. I slowly transitioned to a low carb diet, eating p2 ish week days and more lenient weekends. I now eat protein veggies and fat at every meal or snack. I have never really reintroduced gains, etc except as occasional treats.

scorbett1103 04-24-2013 11:36 AM

I should add that my maintenance plan includes moderate exercise, and I planned accordingly. Some exercise a little, some a lot - your personal maintenance plan should take into account not just how you want to eat, but how exercise will play a role in your long-term weight loss. I chose a final weight that was maybe not as low as I could have gone, but it was a weight I knew I could maintain at an activity level I was willing to commit to. Any lower and I'd have had to incorporate more exercise than I've got time for right now :)

Lynnie63 04-24-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

I'm just finishing up my first week on P2 and trying to decide when to go to P3. I might start this weekend. I think it's a good thing to do 2 weeks of P3.

I've already had a trial on P3 when I phased off for a cruise in Feb, but I stuck with the packets for lunch, so it wasnt a true P3.

Quote:

Congratulations!!

Good luck with the class! I wish my clinic would do recipe's or a class or something for those of us on / going into maintenance. Be sure to let us all know how it goes.