Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Knm, thank you so very much for phase off info. I am going to start my phase off April 13th. Looks like I will provably get to 109ish by then
Old 04-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #32  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies- when I reached my original Goal I decided that I wanted to go lower my coach and I both decided ....it would be a good idea ....Sooo I just stayed on
Phase 1. I have given myself a P2 day here or there and back to P1.

Unlike how everyone typically does the plan I am a Night shift worker so...I break my food up differently then others do.

I also combine things together.
Say yesterday I knew I was going to a conference at a Hotel soo. I ate at home
2 over easy eggs and 2 oz of New York Strip Steak and 1/2 Chocolate shake.
Mid morning 1/2 Chocolate Shake . Lunch Lemonade. Got home 2 cups veggies. supper the rest of my Protein ,Veggies and Protein Shake, Later CranGranata Collagen drink and a bar.

So I might eat at 0200 or whenever I feel like eating cuz I am a Night shift worker that flips back and forth and to switch Back and forth I give myself an extra packet the first night back and my coach is fine with that ...and that works for me.

Never have I had just egg whites or eaten a ton of lettuce just not me!
If I want something else say scrambled eggs ...and I think the act of making it ....plating it ..take a few bites and feed the rest to the Dog.

Yesterday was DD 17 th. Birthday,before going to my conference we had our

traditional food Strawberry Cheese Coffee Cake(the family had it ... I just served it)
Later for Dinner they had Chinese .... I had my food.
Then I served the Cake from our favorite Bakery with Breyers Ice Cream and Milk.... I participated but did not eat.

We constantly have food in the house THAT I DO NOT EAT!!!
I can make it, touch it,serve it... BUT DO NOT EAT IT!
Oh and this is a Big one no guilt if I make a mistake , this sets you up to fail next time....move on ..That's what the Doctor said! Called recovery? I Think...
There is something satisfying about visually seeing it and smelling it ...but not ingesting it ....that I am perfectly fine with.

I have a lot of GI issues and prior to starting on IP I could explode from both ends at the same time. Was take meds to control Gi stuff.

Now being on IP I am not in constant stomach pain...Am not constantly wondering where the nearest bathroom is ... Still have GI issues always will ....
So I think having me having an awareness and peace with food has helped me stay on program and lose weight.
I take a ton of Vitamins because I have a malabsorption problem with nutrients ...was doing this prior to starting IP....so maybe that's why I did not experience hair loss.

So I think and now know from the conference I attended yesterday....that what I have been doing is training my brain....and there is science behind it.
The person giving it said a lot of what she was told my her mother of little education...Science proved she was right.
Common sense is a major part of things ....and training our brain.
I have replaced my Neural Pathway Good from being Food to training my dogs.
She said in her Lecture and I was blown away that she replaced her Good whatever food that was with her Horse.
So what gives her stimulates that Good is being with that Horse.
So when I go to dog training class Or spend time with my dogs I am stimulating my good ....so that is my REWARD CENTER now not food.

Who knew that was how I tripped my switch!
Also she spoke of positive emotions, meditation, and activating the self control center in your brain and practicing FOCUS....except for mediation I do all these things... So maybe that's been part of my success ..Plus I have an Awesome Coach who is the Best example of these things and inspires you to want to achieve all you can.

I enjoy being Happy...and apparently that is very good for you.
She talked about protecting your Hippocampus and so nothing is worth hurting my Hippocampus LOL!
So no additional stressing for me ...I do what I can ..and let it go and Protect MY Hippocampus!
I think what has helped me is I have never worried about having all the right diet answers and stressing over minuet details ...that some people obsess

about...and at this conference I to my amazement found Out I was doing the right thing and did not even realize it. Obsessing increases your Cortisol levels and that is not going to get you want you want.
So find what works for you and don't sweat the small stuff it is not good for the Brain !
Roo2
These are just things that have worked for me ..I am by no means telling anyone how to live or think but sharing some insight ...I hope you find it beneficial and this is 1 of my acts of Random Kindness for the day ..I have 2 more to do! learned you should do 3 acts of Random Kindness a day...good for the Brain!

Last edited by Roo2; 04-05-2013 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #33  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

roo- you are such a great inspiration.

Last edited by SaraBean; 04-05-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Roo2, what conference did you got to? (If you don't mind me asking). Sounds very interesting.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Wow Roo thanks for all the info. I am a huge stresser, anxiety....I know it is not good, I too obsess about food.........trying to not, but it is tough for me. I try to learn techniques to take my mind off, but then forget about them. lol It is a work in progress I guess lol Thanks again....glad you have found your way to happiness.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #36  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

Thanks Ladies!
CEU'S for health professionals.

Oh Kelly I would classify myself as having always been a Happy person...even when things go bad ...I have faith they will turn around...that does not mean that I don't experience sadness like everyone else .

I am a 1/2 Full Glass Girl!
Even when things have went very .very. bad ...there have been important things I have learned and gained.

My family has struggles everyday ...some I can change ..some we just have to learn to live our new normal....but we go on.
As long as we have to go on we should enjoy this day because we will never see it again except in the rear view mirror.

Last edited by Roo2; 04-05-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #37  

Nice ROO, thanks for the info. Its great that you have been eating all that food and got down so low, good luck to you and you will perservere with your awesome attitide on life
Old 04-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 275/269/145

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
So I was getting really discouraged today. So instead of eating everything I wanted to and just give up I decided to buy ketone stix to see if I am actually in ketosis. I am happy to say that I am! So that is good news. Eventually the scale will move.... it has to!!!! Seeing the little stick turn dark purple was all I needed to get me motivated to keep on truckin'.
I agree with another reply. My weight loss improves when I get the water in. I do the best when I just fill two Nalgene liter bottles and stick them in the fridge. Or take them to work. (I work long shifts.) Then before or during every meal and snack I drink 2 cups or half of the bottles. Otherwise I tend to get behind and only drink 1 liter by the evening.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #39  
reboot 10/14/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebear99 View Post
I agree with another reply. My weight loss improves when I get the water in. I do the best when I just fill two Nalgene liter bottles and stick them in the fridge. Or take them to work. (I work long shifts.) Then before or during every meal and snack I drink 2 cups or half of the bottles. Otherwise I tend to get behind and only drink 1 liter by the evening.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Charliebear! I also fill my nalgene bottle twice a day. I have been getting all my 64oz water.... but maybe I will add a little more on. like another 16-24oz. I have also been working out (running) so maybe the fact that I am sweating is leading me to be a little dehydrated.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #40  
reboot 10/14/2014

Ugh. so disappointed in myself. my husband had a friend over and I let the excitement get the best of me. we had a bonfire and I ended up eating at least five marshmallows and 1/4 of a Hershey bar. I have been working my butt off for almost 2 weeks in p1 and I totally blew it! I have been disappointed in my weight loss and now I sabotage myself. so silly!!!! So not worth it. I am feeling pretty ashamed. tomorrow is a new day. but what an idiot I am! So disappointed. sigh.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #41  

Sara, don't worry. Pick up and start over
Old 04-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #42  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

Morning Ladies-
SaraBean let it go and don't feel guilty , that is what I learned at the Seminar...cuz guilt leads to repeating...soo just move and restart....and focus.... She says adding 20 minutes a day of mediation is good for us. They scan Buddhist Monks brains that have practiced this and there is more activity then anyone. Also she said get out in Nature and interact that is very good for the brain. Spend time focusing ......only pay attention to one thing at a time.

If you are going to eat ...pay attention to what you are eating ......it takes at least 20 minutes for us to realize we are full that is a whole lot of eating ...
So make it about slowing down the process......so your brain and gut which was referred to as your 2nd brain communicate.
Eat food as close to ground as possible. What is meant my this is in it's most natural state. So drinking a juice would not be this cuz you have lost all the chewing and fiber ....so very little effort is expended.

She states she still loves Chocolate 1 oz piece is a serving.
Apparently everything is about truly experiencing what you are doing .

Retraining the brain to pay attention will increase awareness and retrain the brain.
She says we have made huge mistake my thinking we can multitask.....are brains are not focused ....and we need to pay attention to what we are doing.

The name of the Seminar I attended is Food ,Mood and Cognition.
SaraBeanmove on that was in the past girl you got this you are doing great.

We all have to nurture ourselves and others.....it is good for the brain.

Yesterday was a very busy day for me I had to have oral surgery and a biopsy done,blood drawn ,and a CT .
Got everything accomplished and we took the family to our favorite Pizza Restaurant for Dinner to Celebrate Birthdays.....the Pizza was Delicious....it smelled wonderful and everyone enjoyed it.... me took my pain meds and Drank
My IP Shake.
I always seem to lose weight after a Hoilday or Celebration....normally I have taken to staying off the scale ....trying to self wean....but with a throbbing mouth ...I needed at little distraction!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!! I WEIGH. 108.4 LBS

I do not even remember when I was this weight last!!!!

Dream It ! Live It! Achieve It!

I am soo Happy ! And I Plan to keep striving to my goal!!

I want to be able to transition to Phase 2 soon !

I plan on utilizing everything in my arsenal to stay on Track and FOCUS on the Prize!!!
Hopefully my Gut has rested sufficiently to make this transition as painless for me as possible....Cuz I am not wanting to deal with all the other GI issues.
Have appt with GI Doc and will be scheduled to be scoped top and bottom again ..hopefully this time with......Positive News!!!! It is what it is ...and we go on!
I know I will never be able to enjoy all the food that I see people around me eat...but I am learning to enjoy the food that I can eat ....And that is me retraining my Brain!!! Does not mean that I do not like Junk Food !!!! I can sit right next to someone eating it ..... And be OK!! This has taken a while but IT IS DOABLE !!! For all of us !! I know what my incentive is and I draw on it!!
I need to be healthy ...and it is impossible for me if I don't adhere to a plan!
So I go on!
Good Luck to us all,as we strive towards are desired goals,Roo2

Last edited by Roo2; 04-06-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #43  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Roo - your positive attitude and will power never ceases to amaze me!
Sara - like you said, it's a new day. You had some fun last night, now back to plan!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #44  
reboot 10/14/2014

New day. Time for a run. thanks for the support everyone. it is a beautiful day here in Rhode island.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #45  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Morning! Really struggling this weekend. I look so forward to the weekend until it comes and then I can't control the cravings and find it so difficult to stay on plan! It's like as soon as Friday night hits a switch flicks and I lose the urgency! Today's a new day, hoping to stay on plan! Hopin everyone had a better weekend than myself!
Closed Thread