3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   tomato and basil rotini (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/278881-tomato-basil-rotini.html)

iwiggy58 04-01-2013 04:09 PM

tomato and basil rotini

Is it good? Do many of you like it? I have the plain rotini and it is OK, but nothing great.

leannekarella 04-01-2013 04:11 PM

I prefer the tomato/basil.

I cook it in fat free chicken broth (for extra flavor) and then I either strain it and make soup with the flavored broth then put the noodles back in, or save the broth for later and use the noodles to make tuna or chicken salad.

countrychic 04-01-2013 04:20 PM

I like the plain better.....I would make it into a pasta salad.

crazynette826 04-01-2013 05:44 PM

I like them both. The tomato and basil isn't that strong of a flavor. They taste pretty close to the same to me. They both are good as pasta salads, or as a spaghetti substitute.

bellasamimom 04-01-2013 08:09 PM

How long do you cook them?

crazynette826 04-02-2013 12:33 AM

I usually boil them for 13-15 minutes. They're a lot like whole wheat pasta, and it takes longer to cook them.

GetYa1 04-02-2013 12:45 AM

I cooked the regular rotini noodles last weekend. I made a pasta salad with bell peppers and zucchini. It was fabulous! :).

I'll be trying the tomato/basil rotini this week. I'm going to make a spaghetti-type dish, but I'm thankful I read about tuna and/or chicken salad. I'll be trying that next!

bellasamimom 04-02-2013 01:03 AM

Thanks!!

foreveryoung 04-02-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwiggy58 (Post 4690067)
Is it good? Do many of you like it? I have the plain rotini and it is OK, but nothing great.

Hi iwiggy58
I think you have to try it to find out, I haven't try the basil yet, I've heard not so many great comments about it... I'm trying to play safe, and keep getting the plain, kinda scare to not liking it and throwing it away
Good luck.
PS- how's going your restarting... Hopefully great!

iwiggy58 04-02-2013 10:00 AM

Hi forever....
Yesterday was my first day and I did well. I waited WAYYYY to long to eat supper so I was famished. I am going to learn from that and eat sooner tonite. I have 3 kids and a husband to feed, so I find that challenging. I hate to cook, so figuring out what to eat for them, and then figuring out what I am going to eat is stressful for me. Oh well.... :) How are you doing?

nolegirl150 04-02-2013 01:01 PM

I prefer the plain rotini because it is more versatile but I like both. The tomato & basil had a stronger/weirder flavor to me but if it I eat with some good spices or a good veggie puree then I don't notice it.

The plain rotini I cook for 12 minutes on the stove like pasta, but the tomato & basil rotini only takes like 2-4 minutes. At least that has been my experience and what my packages say!