Glycogen Restoration

• Please refresh my memory....

When I reached goal back in 2011, I went down 5 pounds lower than where I wanted to end up due to the restoration of glycogen.

My husband and I were just discussing clothing size and "those 5 pounds".
    He said to me that even tho he gained back 5 pounds, they showed on the scale only, and did not reflect how his clothes fit. I can't remember if I had the same experience.

What was/is your experience?
  • My weight has been fluctuating within the same 5lb range since I started maintenance, but my clothes have still fit the same! The only time they got a wee bit snug was during TOM, and at the time I was dealing with a little "C" so once that resolved I was back to normal.
  • I just watched the IdealProteinTV video clip about glycogen weight regain, and the Dr. was saying that we typically re-gain 3 lbs or thereabouts of glycogen weight, but it generally doesn't affect the way your clothes fit because it primarily is absorbed by the liver and muscle tissues. I finish P3 tomorrow, and at this point I haven't had any weight re-gain. I've actually (which was a total surprise to me) lost about 1.5lbs during P3. We'll see what Maintenance brings.

http://idealcoaching.tv/wp/archives/1610
  • I used a PSMF similar to IP to lose some of my weight... and I saw about a 4lb increase after I phased off into maintenance... and it didn't change the fit of my cloths at all... actually, it's funny I felt slimmer and thought I looked a little bit better really... but it was probably just all in my head because I was just getting used to way I looked and also I was able to start increasing my exercise... so that probably had something to do with it as well...
  • Great responses!!! Thanks everyone so much!!!
  • Interesting thread
  • Quote: I just watched the IdealProteinTV video clip about glycogen weight regain, and the Dr. was saying that we typically re-gain 3 lbs or thereabouts of glycogen weight, but it generally doesn't affect the way your clothes fit because it primarily is absorbed by the liver and muscle tissues. I finish P3 tomorrow, and at this point I haven't had any weight re-gain. I've actually (which was a total surprise to me) lost about 1.5lbs during P3. We'll see what Maintenance brings.

http://idealcoaching.tv/wp/archives/1610

Great clip! Thanks for posting that!!!