Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaner View Post
Sylviesgirl....Thanks for the encouragement. I was pretty down about it yesterday, but I did stay OP, so I guess that is a NSV. I KNOW this has to work, it just makes sense! Thanks for all the tips everyone. Every little thing that someone with experience can see from my short menu, or other thoughts can help me tweek this so I can be a fat burning machine! Have a great day everyone. One of my goals today might be to complete my profile and Do a ticker...I finally made 20 posts. Woot-woot.......
That is a good NSV. I can't really see anything wrong with your menu. Just the one day with no extra oil it looked like. I really don't think two egg whites and one pickle are making you not lose. Maybe you are needing an entire 4th packet on those excercise days? It might be worth holding off on the excercise just to test it out. Are you packing the spinach in? Just checking as at first I thought you were light on the veggies, but noticed 1 & 1/2 cup into the smoothies and thought...maybe if you are not getting enough spinach in there that you could be shorting yourself veggies....that could be a strech though. Good luck this week. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #17  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

Weigh In Wed-Down 1.4! I'll take it! A loss is a loss!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

As if we need confirmation, but IP really works!

I went to my gynecologist this morning...he was sooo happy about my weight loss (he had no idea I was doing anything). My blood pressure was 108/72 and I will be going for a complete blood count tomorrow...will let you all know the results!

Here's the funny thing...he asked me if I had weight loss surgery! He said "Wow, most people don't get these kind of results without it."

That's because he's never heard of IP
Old 03-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #19  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

I had my 6 week WI last night. Down 18.5 lbs. My coach told me I have been OP long enough that I could substitute 2 tbsp avocado for my oil twice a week. Have any of you been told this? I love avocado,but little leery.

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #20  
IP start date: Feb 18/13

S/C/G: 247/212.7/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by getnlean View Post
I had my 6 week WI last night. Down 18.5 lbs. My coach told me I have been OP long enough that I could substitute 2 tbsp avocado for my oil twice a week. Have any of you been told this? I love avocado,but little leery.

Thanks!
I have never heard of this.... although I've only been OP for 5 weeks. I've heard such different advice from various coaches on 3fatchicks.... but Avocado??? that seems bizarre??

Congrats on the weightloss!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Thanks!
There is a specific science behind IP...I know some coaches bend and/or make up their own rules. Personally I wouldn't do it.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Wow lots of great NSV's and WI's today! Congrats to everyone sticking to IP and seeing the great results! I managed to slip on a pair of jean capris that I LOVED a few summers ago when I had lost a bit of weight, it wasn't pretty but they were on, I'll need to lose a bit more for them to not look like they are painted on me!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #23  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

I had a NSV on Monday night. We took a friend to tour my Husbands Navy ship and I was able to go up and down all the ladders even into the small spaces I would have begged off of before. I have had lost 30 lbs prior to IP so I have lost a total of 60lbs. What a difference it makes!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #24  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

gottawork -

I hope you are out there or get this post........ I was traveling on Sunday, March 24 and so I didn't check-in here.

If you are going to do the IP products (vs. alternatives), they are a little cheaper than the clinics, but still pricey. Here is how I worked the discount....

Note: Scorbett says that the amount you have to spend is now $165 (it used to be $75).

www.plainprotein.com? They use priority mail so you'll receive your order pretty quick from them. I have been able to use the month typed into the promo code box (doesn't seem to be case sensitive) to get a 10% discount. However, I don't know how much you have to spend to get it! Some people have said that the amount you have to spend can vary from month to month. If you can afford to spend a little.... When I want to place an order, I usually put in any item and choose a large quantity, say like 6 of them. If the discount shows up, then I will back off the quantity to 5 of them. And so on and so on, until I determine how much I HAVE to spend to get the discount. Then, I erase the order and start over with what I really want to buy and make decisions based on what I want and how much I have to spend. Hope this helps. Jen

Also, you don't have enough information on your personal profile for me to IM you. If you change this, feel free to IM me directly and I can get you the answer directly.
EVERYONE on here is great and can answer questions for you anytime.

Good Luck - please, keep posting and let us know how you are doing!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
One question I am going to put out there, my digestive enzymes say do not take for more than two weeks. Anyone know why? Lisa?
I'm not sure...will have to do some reading

Quote:
I wish that was MY coach!

I just looked it up. 2 Tbsp is 45 cals (34 from fat). 2 g carbs but 2 g fiber.
I'd ask my coach but she's a "by the sheet" kinda gal!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
NSV I LOVE COFFEE! This morning I broke down and decided to try what so many of you have done. I added my morning vanilla shake (1/2 of it ) to my coffee as well as a shot of SF o/o/o english toffee syrup. It is actually almost as good as my original before IP version!!!!!
Cool! The really great thing about this is that you've now found a way to enjoy your coffee that will be an easy change to keep when you get to maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
One question I am going to put out there, my digestive enzymes say do not take for more than two weeks. Anyone know why? Lisa?
My guess is that the Company that makes them is legally trying to cover their rear end! Let's pretend that you had some really awful terrible stomach problem.... Like most of us you were trying to self diagnose (kind of like we all did by trying to help you figure out the cause lol). If you then decided to take these digestive enzymes and they helped, you might then mistakenly "ignore" the true cause of your stomach problem. By the Company telling you to only use for 2 weeks, then it's their disclaimer in case you use longer than 2 weeks. Whereas, if you stopped after the 2 weeks and the digestive enzymes were no longer "masking" the true stomach issues - you're symptoms would return and hopefully, you'd seek medical attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumielumes View Post
Weigh In Wed-Down 1.4! I'll take it! A loss is a loss!
Way to keep on keepin on with a great outlook! Congrats!
You are getting very close to ONEDERLAND! Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I went to my gynecologist this morning...he was sooo happy about my weight loss (he had no idea I was doing anything). My blood pressure was 108/72 and I will be going for a complete blood count tomorrow...will let you all know the results!
So happy for your - doing the happy dance! Great BP too!
You are so very close to the Century Club! You should be so proud of yourself. Congrats!

Quote:
My coach told me I have been OP long enough that I could substitute 2 tbsp avocado for my oil twice a week. Have any of you been told this? I love avocado,but little leery.
Congrats on your WI and losses! Most people chose to follow the P1 protocol and not make deviations. However, it's a personal choice. If you LOVE avocado, you could try switching it with the oil for a week and see if you notice any changes in the scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasamimom View Post
I had a NSV on Monday night. We took a friend to tour my Husbands Navy ship and I was able to go up and down all the ladders even into the small spaces I would have begged off of before. I have had lost 30 lbs prior to IP so I have lost a total of 60lbs. What a difference it makes!!!
That is an AWESOME NSV! WTG!

Last edited by JenRem; 03-27-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #27  

Jeaner -

Others have looked over your 2 days of foods and gave opinions. Nothing new to add there!
Just going to point out some other possible factors for your first disappointing WI results (and I know some of these might be like, "Duh!"):

1. Did you have an initial starting weight WI at the clinic and did your clothes seem to be comparable to what you wore on the 1st week WI?
Are you comparing these two numbers and not your home scale result?
2. Your age (of course the younger we are, the better we lose)
3. You are starting from a lower place (about 40 lbs) than most people on IP want/plan to lose. I still think you should have gotten a better 1st week WI!
4. Did you have a pretty healthy way of eating right before you started IP? I think people are going to have better results the 1st WI if their previous diet is way different (ie worse) than the IP restricted one! Plus if you ate well before IP and drank lots of water then you won't have as big of a 1st WI - since we know a good portion of WL the 1st week is water weight (from water retention, inflammation).
5. Of course the exercise as others have brought up.
6. A fluke! Who knows what could be going on hormonally, biologically, water retention, etc.

The potential problem in changing a bunch of different things all at once to see if they will help you to have a better WI result next week, is that when you DO have a better WI result it will be very difficult (if not impossible) to determine what it was that prevented the 1st WI from being better. Does this make sense??? So, you might change only the things that are really easy or that you don't mind changing for the long haul and then one other thing to "test" before the next WI (such as the exercise).

I think you did originally say that you lost some inches?!? You might ask your coach to measure you every week so you can see the changes there! In the meantime try to pay attention to whether any of your clothes are fitting better and if you are just feeling better personally. There are other ways to determine IP is working besides the scale - most of just prefer/rely this method, lol!

Good Luck. I'm very impressed with your personal resolve. I really hope the next WI is more satisfactory. Jen

Last edited by JenRem; 03-27-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #28  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Well weigh in today, down 2 lbs!! SOOOO close to ONEDERLAND I can TASTE it!

Also had blood work done yesterday for the first time since I started. They called today and I will get my results tomorrow but my thyroid is elevated so they are retesting next week just to make sure then we will talk and see what we are going to do.

What is funny is I have gone through YEARS of hot flashes (for 8+ years and I am 37!!) Insomia, weight gain even when doing WW, anxiety etc etc.... and it ALWAYS tested normal. NOW when I feel the most normal it tests high!

lol I don't get it.

*Edit to say, they think my surgeries I have been through is what caused the hot flashes, issues with TOM and other things as I have been tested for so much and it's never anything they can find with a test.

Last edited by Calisto; 03-27-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Height: 5'3"

About splitting the veggies, my coach encouraged me to split my veggies and add some to my morning omelet. I am only 2 weeks into IP but i had weight loss and loss of inches each week. Good luck!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

Anyone else on the "stevia tastes bleck" boat? I can't get on board with stevia.
Closed Thread