Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #16  
11/30/2015

S/C/G: 143/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Had my WI this morning, lost 3 pounds for 2 weeks. So excited to see the 140's next WI! (how's that for optimism?)
Old 03-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. I'm fighting a stomach flu right now so think I will be staying home on my couch today. I managed to get in all my food yesterday even though the last thing I want to do is eat. I hate being sick.
Sorry you are sick! Hope you feel better soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
Hello,

In Toronto for work for 3 days this week. Well NSV yesterday. Did some shopping to get some spring clothes as my closet is almost empty.

Well I be damn, I bought medium, fits nicely, not even tight and not even close to my goal weight. wow Only bought 2 stretch tops so I can wear them for a while, but I honestly think the last time I bought medium was when I was dating my husband over 25 years ago. What a feeling.

On a funny note, spend most of my shopping time looking for a sleeveless pj I could wear while I get ready in the morning (lots of hot flashes when getting ready) or walk in my backyard during the summer. I am literally floating in my pjs.

Problem wasn't the sizes, but could not find a pj that was NOT see through unless is was granny style with a flowered print or so short, well you get the drift. I know I am a grandmother, but just not ready to wear those kinds of pjs.

I surely am not the only one who need a pj presentable in front of family and friends... really. quite the eye opener. Not even The Bay or Sears, two stores at the Eaton Center that have like 6 floors or more. Any way, 3 hours later, no pj, but 2 beautiful medium tops.

Just thought I'd share my pj story. Have a great day everyone.
That is awesome! I have outgrown all my old clothes now! Guess I will have to start shopping too. And all my pjs are hanging like sacks on me too. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
My Fitness Pal. You can set up the account (it's free) and enter food, exercise, etc online. If you download the app to your phone (also free) you can make entries that way. The app and online site sync with each other.
I use my fitness pal too. Would like to be friends with you guys if you are on it. My name on there is Mikesgirl71.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzali View Post
Had my WI this morning, lost 3 pounds for 2 weeks. So excited to see the 140's next WI! (how's that for optimism?)
Way to go!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #18  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Getting ready for my day. Filled up 5 water bottles, reminded me of the days when my kids were babies in preparing bottles and diaper bags. It's kinda of the same thing that you need to be that prepared to go out the door.

Have a great OP day!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Wanted to share this recipe I found on Pinterest. I know many of us have tried the kale chips, but find kale bitter.
Cheesy Nacho Spinach Chips
Measurements will depend on personal taste and amount of spinach.

Bunch of clean, dry spinach (With stems removed)
Oil (Olive, Grape Seed, ect.)
Chili Powder
Cumin
Garlic Powder
Nutritional Yeast
Pinch of Salt and Pepper

1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Add spinach to a large bowl. A large bowl is better so the fairly delicate spinach leaves have space to mix. Add enough oil to lightly coat the spinach, don’t drench it. Mix spinach gently, scooping around the sides of the bowl.
3. Add seasoning, gradually while mixing. (For seasoning I used about even amounts of garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder, more nutritional yeast, and a little salt and pepper .)
4. Lay one layer of spinach on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. You don’t want to have spinach overlapping or it won’t dry out evenly.
5. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. You’ll probably want to check on them at about 8-10 minutes, and after that keep an eye on them until they’re crispy
Old 03-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #20  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

Ok I need some Big C help. I have tried Smooth Move tea and it doesn't work that well for me. I have tried psylium husk and that didn't work that well. I don't want to buy the Novi-Lax because it is expensive. Any other ideas of what I can try? Thanks!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

I use Miralax. I take a capful every day and have no problems anymore.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #22  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumielumes View Post
Ok I need some Big C help. I have tried Smooth Move tea and it doesn't work that well for me. I have tried psylium husk and that didn't work that well. I don't want to buy the Novi-Lax because it is expensive. Any other ideas of what I can try? Thanks!
Remember that psyllium husk is NOT a stimulant, so it takes a few days to a week of taking every day for it to have an effect. Same with Miralax, although that usually produces a result in two to three days.

Also did you steep the smooth move tea for a long time before drinking it? You need to let it sit in the water for at LEAST ten minutes. When I use the tea, I actually put it in a cup of hot tap water when I first wake up, let it sit on the counter while I get the kids ready for school. About a half hour later, I heat up the cup in the microwave and then drink it. The longer you steep, the stronger the effect.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #23  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I'm just keepin' on keepin' on over here. WI tomorrow. I hope it will be a good result, but I am setting my mind to be okay with whatever it shows. I have stayed OP, but I did a lot of physical exertion over the weekend (tiling and grouting) and TOM is here. I've been hungrier this week. I am looking at that as an "opportunity to use my 'stores'!"

Have a good day, all!

P.S. What a great discussion yesterday! Very interesting and insightful.
Here's hoping that your WI is a good one! But it sounds like you have the right mindset...if this week isn't good cause of TOM and muscles, then next week will be a whoosh for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Wanted to share this recipe I found on Pinterest. I know many of us have tried the kale chips, but find kale bitter.
Cheesy Nacho Spinach Chips
Measurements will depend on personal taste and amount of spinach.

Bunch of clean, dry spinach (With stems removed)
Oil (Olive, Grape Seed, ect.)
Chili Powder
Cumin
Garlic Powder
Nutritional Yeast
Pinch of Salt and Pepper

1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Add spinach to a large bowl. A large bowl is better so the fairly delicate spinach leaves have space to mix. Add enough oil to lightly coat the spinach, don’t drench it. Mix spinach gently, scooping around the sides of the bowl.
3. Add seasoning, gradually while mixing. (For seasoning I used about even amounts of garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder, more nutritional yeast, and a little salt and pepper .)
4. Lay one layer of spinach on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. You don’t want to have spinach overlapping or it won’t dry out evenly.
5. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. You’ll probably want to check on them at about 8-10 minutes, and after that keep an eye on them until they’re crispy
These sound great! I had asked here about nutritional yeast before and the general consensus was that it isn't okay for P1. I still want to try it but I can't find it anywhere! Does it give you that bit of cheese flavor?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #24  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

For the past couple of weeks my weight has basically maintained the same and still looks the same as of this morning but NSV... I am down a notch on my belt so something is happening! I haven't been 100% (which is why I haven't been posting)...I haven't fallen off the wagon but it's getting harder and harder to resist just a taste of this or a small glass of wine (which leads to another). My hat's off to those of you who have been 100% for so long!

I am planning on starting back at Bootcamp classes next week. I am not too worried about slow losses as I am already experiencing them. I have to buckle down and start training for the Tough Mudder because I really want to complete every obstacle! I'm kinda scared of the monkey bars and anything else that will require me to lift my body weight with my arms! But I am going to do my best to be prepared!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #25  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

I use myfitnesspal too! Love that app. Hope everyone is having a great week (I'm ready for it to be over!).
Old 03-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #26  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Remember that psyllium husk is NOT a stimulant, so it takes a few days to a week of taking every day for it to have an effect. Same with Miralax, although that usually produces a result in two to three days.

Also did you steep the smooth move tea for a long time before drinking it? You need to let it sit in the water for at LEAST ten minutes. When I use the tea, I actually put it in a cup of hot tap water when I first wake up, let it sit on the counter while I get the kids ready for school. About a half hour later, I heat up the cup in the microwave and then drink it. The longer you steep, the stronger the effect.
I steeped the smooth move tea for 15 mins each time. Maybe I will try it a little longer. Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #27  
Started IP 1/7/13

S/C/G: 252/220/152

Height: 5'2"

Been MIA for a while (crazy busy with tax season) but staying 100% OP. Have lost 32lbs already and everyone is starting to notice the difference in my appearance. Just wanted to check in and say Hi and see how everyone was doing.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #28  
Started IP 1/1/13

S/C/G: 132/See Ticker/118

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
For the past couple of weeks my weight has basically maintained the same and still looks the same as of this morning but NSV... I am down a notch on my belt so something is happening! I haven't been 100% (which is why I haven't been posting)...I haven't fallen off the wagon but it's getting harder and harder to resist just a taste of this or a small glass of wine (which leads to another). My hat's off to those of you who have been 100% for so long!
I totally agree. Those who have been so diligent for so long truly have an amazing accomplishment to celebrate! You all are truly an inspiration!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #29  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
On a funny note, spend most of my shopping time looking for a sleeveless pj I could wear while I get ready in the morning (lots of hot flashes when getting ready) or walk in my backyard during the summer. I am literally floating in my pjs.

Problem wasn't the sizes, but could not find a pj that was NOT see through unless is was granny style with a flowered print or so short, well you get the drift. I know I am a grandmother, but just not ready to wear those kinds of pjs.
I had the same issue, and wanted something that would be presentable out on the patio in the mornings. If you look at the right side of the picture on this page: http://caribbeancanvascompany.com/ you see what I found to fit the bill. Unfortunately, the only place I have found these is in Cayman so far, although Caribbean Canvas keeps indicating they'll be starting online sales soon. I'll let you know if that happens. (I *love* all of their stuff!) I have these in three different colors so far, and they're made out of the softest tee shirt material!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post

I am planning on starting back at Bootcamp classes next week. I am not too worried about slow losses as I am already experiencing them.
I'm at about the same point, and have started back with regular exercising this week. I really didn't feel I should put it off any longer, and it's helping with my whole attitude. I'm still trying to get a feel for what I want my final goal to be, and I'm not sure I can make that decision until I tone up a bit.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 222/192/165

Height: 5'9"

I have been busy as well, but have taken some time off this week...IP still going well, tried puffs this week I really enjoy them. I also enjoy the cereal with cinnamon. My mainstays seem to be the RTD chocolate and strawberry/banana.
Closed Thread