Day One - Help with Nausea

• Hi All -

I'm seeking your advice, please. I've felt terribly, terribly nauseated today.

For breakfast, I had the pre-made vanilla shake. For lunch, I had the broccoli cheese soup with one cup of broccoli (added to the soup) and a side of asparagus. For my snack, I had the chocolate soy puffs. I've yet to have dinner, but I'm planning to have steak, with two cups if veggies and a salad.

I'm not sure if I can change anything to lessen the nausea or if it's just part of this process.

I appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks!
  • How about some tea? That helped me with the nausea. The good news is it does get better and once you get over this initial hump you will feel great. I was where you are 13 days ago and getting through that initial bought of feeling awful is what keeps me 100% on plan. Good luck, you can do it!
  • Lemon-Lime Powerade Zero works for me. Make sure it's Powerade ZERO and not the regular kind. If you have an H-E-B in your area they should have it there. Other chain grocery stores probably sell it as well.
  • Thank you! - I'll definitely try tea and Powerade Zero.
  • One key is to stay hydrated. People I work with think my water bottle is attached to my hand. If you don't get enough water especially in the first couple of weeks things get a little wonky.
  • Salt lick. Shake some if your sea salt in you palm and lick it. Then drink some water.
  • I second usmcvet. Salt will defntly help!
  • Are you taking vitamins on an empty stomach? Personally, if I didn't have something solid to eat before the vitamins, I'd get really nauseous.
  • Thank you. I'm hopeful that Day 2 is better.
  • Today has been much better. I have not been nauseous at all. I'm so grateful for that. I did stock up on Smart Water (it has electrolytes) and Powerade Zero in the event that I have a bad day in the future.