Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillaryJH View Post
I told her five days a week I have zero desire to eat (with the exception of Tuesday and Thursday when I have grad school after work). She said that it wouldn't be an issue to just have two of the three packets a day. The clinic I am going to is BRAND NEW, so I don't 100% trust her. She is the one who told me to eat saltines if I got hungry and was pushing a gym membership since day one. Our clinic is within a gym so it wouldn't be such a leap of the mind to think she may be getting a kickback.
Then I'm going with she doesn't know what she's talking about.
My coach is also a regional rep and has LOTS of training.
She emphasizes eating EVERYTHING on the sheet. This program is ALREADY super low calorie.
I say if you're following the IP plan, then do the IP plan. Just have an orange drink or pink lemonade. They're light and refreshing and not very filling.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #92  
IP start date: Feb 18/13

S/C/G: 247/212.7/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Tough start to my Sunday

Went over to my Mom's place and she had bacon on the go... the bacon scent in the house was overwhelmingly delicious!!!!! WILL POWER WILL POWER WILL POWER. Left without having a bite and just drank my water and it helped diminish my craving. Happy Sunday all - stay strong!!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #93  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

How many egg whites can you have before I need to reduce my dinner protein? I had crispy cereal pancakes for breakfast with 2 and for lunch eggplant dipped in 1 then dipped in crushed southwest cheese curls and cooked in EVOO. Do I need to cut back my dinner protein ounces?

Thanks
Old 03-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #94  
Started Jan. 22. 2013

S/C/G: 373/359/273

Height: 5'7"

Back on track today. Had IP breakfast and lunch. Will have protein and veggies for dinner and zipper pickles for snack tonight.
I've been very disappointed with myself the last couple of weeks (not blaming anyone but myself) as I just need the willpower to say no to my 3 boys at home (that includes hubby) when it comes to chips, pizza. Easter weekend is quickly approaching and I really want that willpower to kick in. I went shopping for easter yesterday and picked up the treats for all that will be attending brunch next Sunday. Funny enough, the chocolate does not bother me; it's the chips.
I have been sick since Friday and still have no energy which makes it a little tougher to stay focused for me.
I will have my WI on Thursday and I am really hoping that there will be a minus this WI as last weeks WI was no loss and I even went back on Friday and no change.
Why did I react poorly with food this past week just because my number was No Change ? I need to change my thinking process. Anyways,,,will be very focused this week and hopefully by Friday...it will have paid off!

Ginette PV; congratulations my friend on the baggy jeans!..what a great feeling..keep up the great work. And I do not understand why others try to entice us in cheating...it boggles my mind. Why don't they say hey...I'll join you and have ice water and lemon! Anyways....take care.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel3 View Post
Why don't they say hey...I'll join you and have ice water and lemon! Anyways....take care.
My mom is the worst for this. She tells me "Just because you have to suffer, the rest of us shouldn't." I tell her I'm not suffering and she doesn't believe it. She also wants me to print off the plan from here for her to "try". I just wish people would be nice.
My grandma is one of my favorite people because she only says good things about people. You still know when she doesn't like something, because she doesn't say anything! I think the apple rolled too far from the tree or it just skipped my mom's generation!
Old 03-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #96  
Starting again 06.04.2014

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Hi all -
Your words of experience are encouraging and your achievements are exciting. My husband and I start IP tomorrow. Looking forward to losing weight, feeling better and looking good.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Quote:
Question:
I am still new to IP. I asked my coach during my second weigh in whether or not I had to have the third packet if I wasn't hungry. She told me if I wasn't hungry I didn't have to. I never dreamed that I could live off so little food...

What have your coaches told you? Do they insist upon eating the third packet? Could they be insisting upon a third packet in order for you to buy more product?
I had a similar conversation with my coach on Thursday. My problem was the restricted pkgs of chips and possibly slowing my losses by having a restricted every day. I've only been having a 1/2 pkg of restricted hoping to keep the calories basically the same as having 3 non restricted per day.
This was her answer;
The packages are developed within the guidelines of the program. To cut a pkg in half is really hurting me because then I am not getting the amount of protein that my body requires and will be losing yes but losing muscle mass not fat. She recommended that I instead limit my self to 4/5 restricted pkgs per week and have the other days be all non restricted.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #98  
IP Start Date: 28Feb2013

S/C/G: 328.8/207.4/180

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom View Post
The packages are developed within the guidelines of the program. To cut a pkg in half is really hurting me because then I am not getting the amount of protein that my body requires and will be losing yes but losing muscle mass not fat.
Thank you. This makes a lot of sense. I certainly do not want to be losing muscle. I will try to make more of an effort to eat a third packet despite my extreme desire not to.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #99  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 202/186.5/170

Height: 5'11

Hi all,

I have been on IP for two weeks and have been pretty obsessed w weighing myself every morning (bad habit) I have noticed that eating my snack earlier like 7:30pm helps me lose the next day. Just an observation
Old 03-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by getnlean View Post
How many egg whites can you have before I need to reduce my dinner protein? I had crispy cereal pancakes for breakfast with 2 and for lunch eggplant dipped in 1 then dipped in crushed southwest cheese curls and cooked in EVOO. Do I need to cut back my dinner protein ounces?

Thanks
Hi getnlean
General rule of thumb around here is two/day
I use one egg white in my pancake or muffins.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #101  

Height: 5'7

I posted a comment on the Daily a few days ago. I think I must just stay up too late.... Well, I told my coach that I was buying extra Ideal Protein products online (alternatives actually) so I could have a little variety. Her response was kinda bizarre. " Oh no, they can't do that. That's illegal. They'll get shut down, WE'LL get shut down!" Anyone run into comments like this before? She's a nice lady, but I thought that her comments were a little extreme!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
I posted a comment on the Daily a few days ago. I think I must just stay up too late.... Well, I told my coach that I was buying extra Ideal Protein products online (alternatives actually) so I could have a little variety. Her response was kinda bizarre. " Oh no, they can't do that. That's illegal. They'll get shut down, WE'LL get shut down!" Anyone run into comments like this before? She's a nice lady, but I thought that her comments were a little extreme!
This is how they protect their business.
Many coaches will only allow you to be a client if you ONLY use IP products and purchase only from them

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-24-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #103  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Question:
I am still new to IP. I asked my coach during my second weigh in whether or not I had to have the third packet if I wasn't hungry. She told me if I wasn't hungry I didn't have to. I never dreamed that I could live off so little food...

What have your coaches told you? Do they insist upon eating the third packet? Could they be insisting upon a third packet in order for you to buy more product?
My first week I only at 3 packets and then on my 2nd week my coach told me that since I was over 200lbs that I could actually eat a 4th packet and at first I was very hesitant. I thought that I would not lose some weight but I took her advice and started using a 4th pack and still lost. She said the reason is that you don't want your body to go into starvation mode because then it will want to hold on to the fat. she said that when I get down to about 195lbs that I will go down to 3 packets. I def would use 3 packets if not four.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #104  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Could be she thought you were buying individual packets not whole boxes. Since the nutrition information isn't on the single packets they're not meant for sale that way. Might be why she said it was "illegal."
Old 03-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #105  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

I make a killer hash brown, not made from frozen. My father in law named them "Donna Potatoes" many years ago. Husband had some for breakfast yesterday and they looked so good. This morning I had IP fine herb omelet and hash browns, but made mine out of turnips and they were delicious.
Closed Thread