Height: 5'9

Anybody ever use "Miracle noodles"?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #77  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
I have heard of this type of yoga, but always been a bit concerned for me to try it.... I don't mind sweating, I just don't like it if I'm hot and everything around me is also hot.
I had no idea that I would like the heat. I don't care for saunas or steam rooms. It did take several times to adjust but to my surprise I really liked it. Try it sometime and see.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #78  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Some people do. I've never tried them, but I Googled "Ideal Protein Miracle Noodles" and there are lots of threads on the topic.

Here is just one of them: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ngel-hair.html

Good luck!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 229/218/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default Miracle Noodles and Fear of Maintenance

Hi there,

I've used Miracle Noodles before. I ended up making quite a combination of food that night as my husband is vegetarian, daughter is not, and I'm the only one on IP. I sauteed vegetables, then split out 1/3 of veggies, added leftover rice to the remaining 2/3 and continued cooking. In a second pan I was cooking shrimp. For the final dish I added shrimp to my veggies and noodles, and shrimp to half the rice/veggies.

On to the second half of my subject. Does anyone have a fear of maintenance? I have really just loved how straightforward Phase I has been. I should be on maintenance in another few months so I'm trying to wrap my head around it. Any tips?
Old 03-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by harper75 View Post
Hi there,

I've used Miracle Noodles before. I ended up making quite a combination of food that night as my husband is vegetarian, daughter is not, and I'm the only one on IP. I sauteed vegetables, then split out 1/3 of veggies, added leftover rice to the remaining 2/3 and continued cooking. In a second pan I was cooking shrimp. For the final dish I added shrimp to my veggies and noodles, and shrimp to half the rice/veggies.

On to the second half of my subject. Does anyone have a fear of maintenance? I have really just loved how straightforward Phase I has been. I should be on maintenance in another few months so I'm trying to wrap my head around it. Any tips?
A lot of us have fears but we will approach maintenance with the same abilities we used to approach p1. I'm still going to a clinic ON PURPOSE so I can get maintenance support and it doesn't have to feel so difficult. I've already proven to myself once I can lose 110 lbs. I need to learn to maintain. I trust I will.

Also, it's never too soon to start lurking on the maintainer thread. You learn a LOT when you are only reading and not posting.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
I believe that others who have been unhappy with their coaches have contacted other IP offices in their area. Let them know your circumstances and that you aren't a good fit with the current coach at your office. Ask them if they will waive the initial start up fee and let you join their office. They should be willing to allow you to come to their office knowing that you will be spending money every week buying IP food and see their counselor.

Another option...... Some people who didn't like their coach or live in towns that don't have any IP clinics within reasonable driving distance will order all their food/supplements from:
http://www.plainprotein.com/
You can even get a monthly discount if you spend a decent amount per order. The amount you have to spend varies month to month - so, if you decide to go this route, let me know and I can give you better instructions on how to apply the discount.
You can then just use this 3FC site as your counselor (so to speak). I don't know how much experience you have on here, but there are fabulous people who give a lot of support and someone should always have an answer to any question you might think to ask. The nice thing about this site compared to some of the IP counselors is that the people here have really walked the walk, whereas it seems some of the counselors haven't even had any weight issues or even done any of the IP phases.
However, if you really need that one-on-one personal contact with a counselor or the accountability that a WI at the clinic will get you, then you should go that route!

And you could even do the program using alternative products to IP's. There are whole Threads on Alternatives where you can find out what is acceptable for P1 and what people like/don't like. Most of the alternative products cost about 1/2 the amount of IP food and people usually order from:
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/

Hope this helps and Good Luck! Jen
Let us know what you decide and how it works out for you
Thank You so much for your response-you've given me some options to think about. I know that there is no other IP clinic near me, so I figured there was nothing I could do to stay on the plan. I didn't know about the other options you mentioned. I'll let know what I decide to do. I feel hopeful now-maybe I really continue and reach my goal. Thanks Again
Old 03-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 223 LBS my goal is 140 LBS

Hello,

I'm baking oatmeal muffins from 3fc recepies and I was wondering if anybody has ever tried carb wise bagels and if they are as they say 0 carbs thank you
Old 03-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #83  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

Does the hungry feeling come back on maintenance? I'm really enjoying not having those intense hungry feelings or cravings and I'd prefer to never feel that way again! This no appetite thing has been amazing in helping me change my relationship with food. Thanks! Sam
Old 03-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #84  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

I survived the Baby Shower! My first "event" since being on IP. I planned ahead and all went well. And no cravings for the cake. Now I call that a NSV!!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumielumes View Post
I survived the Baby Shower! My first "event" since being on IP. I planned ahead and all went well. And no cravings for the cake. Now I call that a NSV!!
Congrats on being over the first event!!

I had a small NSV yesterday. Had long car trip to meet up with some family and my behind hurt so bad from sitting so long, I've noticed it at work too, losing all of that "padding" really makes a difference! Going to need some type of cushion for car rides now I suppose.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #86  
IP Start Date: 28Feb2013

S/C/G: 328.8/207.4/180

Height: 6'0"

Question:
I am still new to IP. I asked my coach during my second weigh in whether or not I had to have the third packet if I wasn't hungry. She told me if I wasn't hungry I didn't have to. I never dreamed that I could live off so little food...

What have your coaches told you? Do they insist upon eating the third packet? Could they be insisting upon a third packet in order for you to buy more product?

Last edited by HillaryJH; 03-24-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
Congrats on being over the first event!!

I had a small NSV yesterday. Had long car trip to meet up with some family and my behind hurt so bad from sitting so long, I've noticed it at work too, losing all of that "padding" really makes a difference! Going to need some type of cushion for car rides now I suppose.
LOL. That's a good one you don't really think about. Lot's of good NSV'S. A shower would be hard! So many goodies and cake. I had my first clothes NSV. Got a pair of size 32 jeans and they are possibly even the "skinny" style. Not really up on the fashion terms. And a large top. Not xlarge or xxlarge. Yay! Then I got to raid my sisters closet and got tons of shirts for my trip as I can't afford to buy too much right now. The one pair of pants I was planning on using for dress pants were falling off me yesterday so not sure what I will wear for dress pants. Gonna try shrinking those up I guess.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillaryJH View Post
Question:
I am still new to IP. I asked my coach during my second weigh in whether or not I had to have the third packet if I wasn't hungry. She told me if I wasn't hungry I didn't have to. I never dreamed that I could live off so little food...

What have your coaches told you? Do they insist upon eating the third packet? Could they be insisting upon a third packet in order for you to buy more product?
Hm...that's the first I've heard that. This is such a super low calorie diet that my coach (and the coaches of many here) have emphasized being sure to get in everything on the sheet every day.

Maybe she just assumed that it wouldn't happen that often so she wasn't worried about a day or two?

Not only do some have the 3 packets but some folks early-on have a fourth or fifth packet. I don't think this has anything to do with increasing sales, but with making sure people will be successful.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #89  
IP Start Date: 28Feb2013

S/C/G: 328.8/207.4/180

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Maybe she just assumed that it wouldn't happen that often so she wasn't worried about a day or two?
I told her five days a week I have zero desire to eat (with the exception of Tuesday and Thursday when I have grad school after work). She said that it wouldn't be an issue to just have two of the three packets a day. The clinic I am going to is BRAND NEW, so I don't 100% trust her. She is the one who told me to eat saltines if I got hungry and was pushing a gym membership since day one. Our clinic is within a gym so it wouldn't be such a leap of the mind to think she may be getting a kickback.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #90  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
A lot of folks use smooth move. My preference for ongoing problems would be Novi lax b/c it doesn't use stimulant laxatives.

I use vitamin C and Magnesium Citrate. I can manage dosage easily and it isn't a stimulant laxative. The body can get used to stimulant laxatives (even herbal ones like senna) and may come to NEED them. (This is why I, personally choose not to use Smooth Move)

I also make sure I get enough Romaine Lettuce. It seems to work for me. For others, it is psyllium, which Novi lax contains. You can probably find less expensive formulations than novi lax, so make sure you shop around!
Thank you Lisa. That was exactly the information I was looking for.
Closed Thread