Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #61  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for reviewing Jujubie and Ragdoll. I did ask on the boards if I should measure raw and the response seemed to be that it wasn't that big a deal. I may try raw measuring just to see if that has an impact.

Ragdoll, that's the first time I heard about adding the oil to the food. I've basically just used it for sautéing purposes. I guess I can try that out, I'll just have to get past the mental barrier of oil=bad (and I know we all need some to keep our systems healthy).

Thanks again for reviewing. I wish I was screwing something up, just because I would have an obvious solution. I guess I'll carry-on and wait for the next weigh in to see.

ETA: Thanks Ginette and Scorbett. I will be patient. I knew to expect 0 weight losses, I'm just surprised that at the very beginning stages, I've only had one week of weight loss. BUT in another perspective, I'm still at the very beginning stage, so I will keep marching on.

Last edited by rubygirl05; 03-23-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #62  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingit50 View Post
JenRem: In response to your question about what kind of yoga to try. My experience is that I have not liked yoga classes before I tried hot yoga or known as Bikram. I love the combination of movement in the hot room and the sweat which is so cleansing. Try different styles!
I have heard of this type of yoga, but always been a bit concerned for me to try it.... I don't mind sweating, I just don't like it if I'm hot and everything around me is also hot. If I get too hot and can't cool down...... I have passed out a few times in my life. I don't like going in the sauna and usually only put my legs in a hot tub, unless the air is cool above then I can put my whole body in.
What do you think? I guess I could always give it a try and leave the building if it is too hot for me.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl05 View Post
Thanks for reviewing Jujubie and Ragdoll. I did ask on the boards if I should measure raw and the response seemed to be that it wasn't that big a deal. I may try raw measuring just to see if that has an impact.

Ragdoll, that's the first time I heard about adding the oil to the food. I've basically just used it for sautéing purposes. I guess I can try that out, I'll just have to get past the mental barrier of oil=bad (and I know we all need some to keep our systems healthy).

Thanks again for reviewing. I wish I was screwing something up, just because I would have an obvious solution. I guess I'll carry-on and wait for the next weigh in to see.

ETA: Thanks Ginette and Scorbett. I will be patient. I knew to expect 0 weight losses, I'm just surprised that at the very beginning stages, I've only had one week of weight loss. BUT in another perspective, I'm still at the very beginning stage, so I will keep marching on.
It will work. Your body is catching up! and remember with PCOS, it is NEVER like everybody else, but IP does work, even with PCOS.

And you'll feel GREEEEAAAT!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
I have heard of this type of yoga, but always been a bit concerned for me to try it.... I don't mind sweating, I just don't like it if I'm hot and everything around me is also hot. If I get too hot and can't cool down...... I have passed out a few times in my life. I don't like going in the sauna and usually only put my legs in a hot tub, unless the air is cool above then I can put my whole body in.
What do you think? I guess I could always give it a try and leave the building if it is too hot for me.
I started yoga at a health club and then took classes through a local hospital (the teacher is also a PT). Now I just do videos or my wii yoga at home. I don't like being hot either so the birkham never appealed to me. Of course, now that I'm cold all the time, maybe I'd like it!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #65  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlooNimbus13127 View Post
I saw this quote today on Facebook and wanted to share:

"Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." — Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have a great weekend everyone....
Love this! thanks!
Have a great night!

D

Last edited by DRegan; 03-23-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #66  

Height: 5'7

I'm having a great OP day. Had a stew-like dinner of grilled zucchini, mushrooms and ground turkey with my chicken soup packet. SO GOOD!

Syntrax Nectars. I just ordered some but I saw in one of the posts that it's not necessarily good for Phase 1 due to the protein content. Is this correct?
Old 03-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #67  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by natsprat4 View Post
Thank you so much!!! How do I get my progress thing appear on the bottom of my posts like yours??? I designed what I wanted... but its not appearing.
You need to have at leas 20 posts, and be on here for 20 days
Old 03-24-2013, 12:39 AM   #68  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
I'm having a great OP day. Had a stew-like dinner of grilled zucchini, mushrooms and ground turkey with my chicken soup packet. SO GOOD!

Syntrax Nectars. I just ordered some but I saw in one of the posts that it's not necessarily good for Phase 1 due to the protein content. Is this correct?
Nope, not correct. Syntrax Nectars are fine to use on Phase 1.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #69  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Nope, not correct. Syntrax Nectars are fine to use on Phase 1.
Sweet! Thank you, I'm very excited to try them! I appreciate your help
Old 03-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #70  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

Do you prefer Smooth Move or Novi lax and why?
Old 03-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by getnlean View Post
Do you prefer Smooth Move or Novi lax and why?
A lot of folks use smooth move. My preference for ongoing problems would be Novi lax b/c it doesn't use stimulant laxatives.

I use vitamin C and Magnesium Citrate. I can manage dosage easily and it isn't a stimulant laxative. The body can get used to stimulant laxatives (even herbal ones like senna) and may come to NEED them. (This is why I, personally choose not to use Smooth Move)

I also make sure I get enough Romaine Lettuce. It seems to work for me. For others, it is psyllium, which Novi lax contains. You can probably find less expensive formulations than novi lax, so make sure you shop around!

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-24-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Lost one more pound this week! Brings my total loss to 23 and inches to 10!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #73  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning! It's been a while, but I'm back. I was on IP last summer and was very successful. I'm back to lose about 20-25 more. It's funny how many people pass through here...I see a few familiar faces, but so many new people. I'm thinking (hoping) that my buddies from last summer are all in maintenance! I'm here for a re-boot and this site definitely helps to keep me on track. I started my re-boot about 2 weeks ago...so far, so good. The only difference this time around is that I seem to have a constant stomachache...not hunger or cramps. Just an ache that is always there...hmmmmm...I will keep pushing through. Have a great day!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #74  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

Back to the pool today. We had so much fun yesterday!! NSV for me I fit into a pair of pant I bought to officiate the meet in that were too small. They are Michael Kors that I got a good deal on

So much fun last night at the bon fire. Met two Mom's from Vancouver Island that were so much fun last night. I stopped and bought a subway salad so I was not even tempted by the pizza everyone else was eating.

And the best part was my girls had a blast!! Good swims at the meet and fun meeting new friends
Old 03-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasamimom View Post
Back to the pool today. We had so much fun yesterday!! NSV for me I fit into a pair of pant I bought to officiate the meet in that were too small. They are Michael Kors that I got a good deal on

So much fun last night at the bon fire. Met two Mom's from Vancouver Island that were so much fun last night. I stopped and bought a subway salad so I was not even tempted by the pizza everyone else was eating.

And the best part was my girls had a blast!! Good swims at the meet and fun meeting new friends
Good to see you made it through the bonfire night. And had fun! Vancouver Island is my home (sadly not at the moment),but heading for a long visit in less than a week. Yay.
Closed Thread