IP Weekend Daily Chat March 23rd & 24th 2013

You're on Page 4 of 9
Go to
  • JenRem: In response to your question about what kind of yoga to try. My experience is that I have not liked yoga classes before I tried hot yoga or known as Bikram. I love the combination of movement in the hot room and the sweat which is so cleansing. Try different styles!
  • I am going on week 5. I have stayed OP since day 1. So far I've lost just about 20 lbs in 4 weeks. This program totally works!!!!!!! I am new to the forum... and having a bit of a hard time navigating and keeping on top of all the hundreds of posts... but it's growing on me! Thanks for all the motivating posts.
  • Just wanted to share that I had a NSV today. My job is extremely busy during tax season and we had to work a full day today. Management brought in pizza for everyone at lunch. It did not bother me in the least to forego the pizza, a first for me!
  • Quote: I am sure you are very frustrated. Maybe you can list everything you have been eating so we can see if there is something that needs to be changed?
    Last week, I prepped all my non-IP food on the weekend and prepackaged it to grab and go. Basically, my meals looked like this:

8am IP chocolate drink or coffee/chocolate drink mixed

12pm "dinner" -- either roasted chicken (I had roasted a whole chicken) or asian meatballs (90% beef, soy sauce, spices, 1 egg, no breadcrumbs or sweetened sauce) with sautéed red/green peppers or roasted cauliflower. I'm eating between 6.5-8oz cooked protein (my coach wants me to measure after the food is cooked).

2pm snack of 1-2 ribs of raw celery or small cucumber (this should complete my 2c. of veggies)

4:30 peanut butter IP bar

7:30 "lunch" -- Either IP plain egg omelette with sauteed red/green peppers, spinach, mushroom OR IP mushroom soup with 2oz of chicken (subtracted from my earlier dinner).

Fill out my 2c. of veggies with some combination of a small cucumber, sauteed spinach, roasted cauliflower, or cooked broccoli.

Possible Suspects:
    • Had an extra cup of roasted cauliflower one night to fill up that pre-TOM craving.
    • Roasted whole chicken with skin on (although did not eat skin), and "melted" fat added excess oil??
    • Issue of cumulative use of 0-0-0 oil spray or oil used when cooking large quantities of veg?? I'm thinking the oil consumption per day meets the specified amounts but maybe I'm getting more than I think? For 5-6 peppers, I used about a tablespoon of oil?? This was eaten throughout the week.
  • Quote: I am going on week 5. I have stayed OP since day 1. So far I've lost just about 20 lbs in 4 weeks. This program totally works!!!!!!! I am new to the forum... and having a bit of a hard time navigating and keeping on top of all the hundreds of posts... but it's growing on me! Thanks for all the motivating posts.

There are a lot of posts! It's easiest if you just find the threads you like and stick with those. The daily threads are great since there are so many people checking in all the time.
  • Thank you so much!!! How do I get my progress thing appear on the bottom of my posts like yours??? I designed what I wanted... but its not appearing.
  • I got my ticker today, so happy. I have tried to upload pictures so many times and it does not work and the pixels are well below the allowed amount. Anyone know where to turn for help. Thanks.
  • Quote: Thank you so much!!! How do I get my progress thing appear on the bottom of my posts like yours??? I designed what I wanted... but its not appearing.
    After you have been a member for at least 20 days and posted for 20+ times there is a new signature button that magically appears on your user CP where you edit your weight, pic, etc.
  • Quote: Thank you so much!!! How do I get my progress thing appear on the bottom of my posts like yours??? I designed what I wanted... but its not appearing.
    You have to be a member for at least 20 days and have at least 20 posts to get a ticker.
    Looks like you've been here long enough, but haven't posted enough for your signature to be activated - you have to have posted at least 20 times. Just keep getting into the conversations!
  • Quote: Last week, I prepped all my non-IP food on the weekend and prepackaged it to grab and go. Basically, my meals looked like this:

8am IP chocolate drink or coffee/chocolate drink mixed

12pm "dinner" -- either roasted chicken (I had roasted a whole chicken) or asian meatballs (90% beef, soy sauce, spices, 1 egg, no breadcrumbs or sweetened sauce) with sautéed red/green peppers or roasted cauliflower. I'm eating between 6.5-8oz cooked protein (my coach wants me to measure after the food is cooked).

2pm snack of 1-2 ribs of raw celery or small cucumber (this should complete my 2c. of veggies)

4:30 peanut butter IP bar

7:30 "lunch" -- Either IP plain egg omelette with sauteed red/green peppers, spinach, mushroom OR IP mushroom soup with 2oz of chicken (subtracted from my earlier dinner).

Fill out my 2c. of veggies with some combination of a small cucumber, sauteed spinach, roasted cauliflower, or cooked broccoli.

Possible Suspects:
    • Had an extra cup of roasted cauliflower one night to fill up that pre-TOM craving.
    • Roasted whole chicken with skin on (although did not eat skin), and "melted" fat added excess oil??
    • Issue of cumulative use of 0-0-0 oil spray or oil used when cooking large quantities of veg?? I'm thinking the oil consumption per day meets the specified amounts but maybe I'm getting more than I think? For 5-6 peppers, I used about a tablespoon of oil?? This was eaten throughout the week.

Hmmmm, if I am not wrong, most of us measure our protein BEFORE.....same as veggies. Also, are you getting in at least 64oz of water? Also your oil? I read somewhere that you shouldn't have more than 2 0/0/0 items per day. Hope this helps.
  • Thanks everyone!!! You're all great!! I am so excited to join in on such a supportive IP community.

I can honestly say, this diet has been SO easy... aside from the first 4 days, of course. So excited to share and contribute! I've found a small IP community on instagram who have been incredibly supportive. i will take all the motivation and support i can get! woo!

Off to make supper = lemon garlic shrimp and oven roasted veggies. Yum!!!
  • rubygirl- some coaches do recommend weighing meat after cooking it doesn't seem to hinder weight loss for some people. I weigh raw.

Don't count the small amount of oil you are using for cooking. Add the 1 tsp to your food just before eating. When you cook with it, most of it stays in the pan and you may not be getting enough.

Everything else looks really good.
  • Quote: Hello,

I'll preface this by saying this isn't meant to be a whine, but legitimate concern. And hopefully not TMI.

I lost 9# the first week and gained .6 at my 2nd weigh in, but I also had started my TOM, so I wasn't super concerned. Well, my TOM only lasted 3 days (with the 3rd day being hardly anything) which has never happened before. And now in my 3rd week, I haven't dropped that .6 gain, let alone lost any additional weight.

I have been extremely 100% OP (2 unrest/1rest per day), taking my vitamins, drinking my water, salting my food. I'm not suffering from the big C, and other than having the occasional craving for a slice of pizza, feel fine and wouldn't know I'm on minimal calories/low-carbs. (I was eating 1300 cal. prior to starting, so the transition wasn't too difficult).

I do have PCOS, which has always been a barrier to losing weight.

I haven't seen any other postings about people having trouble losing right in the beginning. I don't think this is normal for the protocol but maybe someone with more experience knows?? Is this the PCOS? Could I not be in ketosis despite going through withdrawl the first few days? Is the food amount too little and my body is holding on to everything rather than losing? Have there been other people (who probably aren't on the boards) where IP just didn't work for them/their body? Other possible reasons??

I'm definitely not tempted to cheat or giving up YET, but something better start working in the next month for the money I'm spending.

Thanks!
    No worries at all. I too have PCOS and hypothyrodism and in menopause.

I lost nothing on my second week. You must trust the process. It all works out.

I get 0 losses every 3rd of fourth week and then the week after, I have a great loss. You might also be losing inches. Inches are still losses.

2 lbs a week seems to be my normal. It's 2 pounds more a week I was losing with a low carb diet and a personal trainer 4 times a week. My trainer is the best in town and trains many of the other trainers in town and even he could not believe I was not losing faster with everything he was doing with me. He was the one who suggested this IP.

It took me a year to lose 20 pounds so I'll take an occasional 0 pounds a week when my average is always 2 lbs. I lost 20 pounds in two months on IP.

I have not felt this good in years. So don't fret the 0s or the minimal weight gain. It is worth it and it does work, even with PCOS. Hang in there. You have this and you won't regret it.:
  • Rubygirl - have you been tracking your measurements? I had many weeks with no loss on the scale but my body changed shape. You had a huge drop your first week, followed by a TOM week. It's entirely possible your body is just stabilizing before you start dropping again.

It's easy to forget that weight loss is not linear. You will lose weight some weeks, inches other weeks, and some weeks your body may go into a holding pattern while it adjusts to the losses you've had. It's a normal part of the process.