Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #31  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
Agreed!! If this is spring I'd rather jump directly into summer! Avoid mud season!
A Vermonter! I'm in Barre Town, what abot you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
Anyone have a link to a current chart that shows where obesity and overweight are?
I just googled it, tons of hits. I originally chose 240 or 250 as goal until I saw that was still obese, I changed to 220 because at six foot that was just "overweight".
Old 03-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKande03 View Post
It's day 2 and I'm still excited! After lunch yesterday my mood dropped. Thanks to this site I'm encouraged. My first goal is to stick to the plan 100% for the first week. I must admit its because I can't wait to update my current weight!!!

I ate breakfast much later than I normally would but I don won to be as hungry this evening. The nights seem to b the hardest right now so I wan to leverage bedtime to help me meet my first goal.

Right now I'm grateful that the first 72 hours beacuse that means I'm halfway through the hard part! Positive perspective & encouragement are critical for me. Thank you for taking the time to reach out on the forum. The support and collaboration is amazing!!!!
Hi. Welcome. Sounds like you are doing everything right! I too did later breakfasts to get me through as night time eating a hard one for me. Don't forget you can have unlimited lettuce. Drink up extra decafe tea to help with hunger (I would do decafe coffee too using my lunch shake for creamer). And sometimes just getting to bed earlier is key with those temptations. I always look forward to dinner as it is so filling and then would have my restricted between 8 and 9 right before bed and I was able to make it through. Good luck and keep it up.

Oh and I forgot to say you can have an extra non restricted packet your first week if you are really struggling.

Last edited by ladylunk; 03-23-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #33  

Hello All,
Wondering if anyone is located in Upstate NY area? I was on IP for several months, had great success but then had to travel for work and go off. When I returned, the Chiropr office had hired a different coach-I feel completely unsupported. Anyone relate? I am so frustrated. I've tried to contact the owner, he doesn't return calls or emails. - - really feeling angry and disappointed. Any advice??
Old 03-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 183/154/140

Height: 5'2"

I saw this quote today on Facebook and wanted to share:

"Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." — Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have a great weekend everyone....
Old 03-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #35  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

This will be a fun weekend for my family. My daughters swim team is hosting a senior invitational meet with a team from Canada and a team from Estonia and a few from the LA area. We are having a bon fire tonight to celebrate. I think it will be a really neat experience for my girls. I am super proud of my newly 11 year old. She has worked so hard and has three events she will be swimming. The kids had to meet certain time standards to swim.

For me it will be a bit of a challenge tonight to make sure I bring my food and am prepared since we will be having pizza at the bon fire. I love how easy IP is when I am on the pool deck for the weekend.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #36  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Quote:
It's day 2 and I'm still excited! After lunch yesterday my mood dropped. Thanks to this site I'm encouraged. My first goal is to stick to the plan 100% for the first week. I must admit its because I can't wait to update my current weight!!!

I ate breakfast much later than I normally would but I don't want to be as hungry this evening. The nights seem to be the hardest right now so I want to leverage bedtime to help me meet my first goal.

Right now I'm grateful that the first 72 hours beacuse that means I'm halfway through the hard part! Positive perspective & encouragement are critical for me. Thank you for taking the time to reach out on the forum. The support and collaboration is amazing!!!!
Day 3 is a killer for everybody, but this is day 15 and I feel fantastic! Stick to these boards, many winners (or should I say losers) here, lol!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #37  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingit50 View Post
About to go to yoga . I have been practicing for 1- 1/2 years and really enjoy it. It is HOT yoga and the sweat is amazing. Anyway, I went yesterday and noticed how much easier it is for me to do all of the postures with 20 lbs gone.
I am sooooo glad and proud of myself that I kept trying new ways to lose and this is working.
A mushy moment, thanks for letting me indulge in processing my successful weight loss journey.
I'm so happy for you. I can hear the excitement and gratefulness come through in your posting! I agree that IP is pretty great; I never realized that carbs could be such an issue. It really is a wonderful feeling when you realize that something you're doing is FINALLY working and that you can now make great strides in changing your health for the better!
I've never done yoga, but have always wanted to. Do you recommend that I try the hot yoga first or some different kind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
LOL!! I just used a calculator online! If I put in 5'8" I'm in the "healthy range", but if I put in 5'7" in I'm the "overweight range".......BUT I AM 5'7 and a HALF"!
Crazy, but I guess the line has to be drawn somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie111 View Post
It's my second period day and the cramps are killing me (i've always had cramps). my 2nd WI is tomorrow so not expecting any big loss.
Hang in there! TOM/periods are never fun. Good Luck on your 2nd WI. Remember, any loss is still a loss If you go in with that thinking, it's hard to be disappointed.

Quote:
It's day 2 and I'm still excited! My first goal is to stick to the plan 100% for the first week.
WELCOME! I hope your 1st 100% OP week leads to the 2nd and then the 3rd...... You can do this! There are so many on this site that would say that if we can do this, then anyone can. When you see some of the stats of other IPer's and you are impressed with their successes/accomplishments - just remember there was a day when they were exactly where you are. They just took one week at a time, one day at a time and before they knew it, they were making huge progress on their weight loss. Welcome to the club and don't forget to enjoy the journey along the way!

Last edited by JenRem; 03-23-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #38  
IP start March 8th 2013

I have been hesitating to make any goals, as I was still leary that I could EVER lose weight, so here I go:
1st goal = Onederland! 199lbs
2nd goal = 180 (what I was when I met DH)
3rd goal = 160 or size 10

Final goal 160 = 45lbs to lose
So, at 2lbs /week 22 weeks = Aug 10th goal
Old 03-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #39  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
I have been hesitating to make any goals, as I was still leary that I could EVER lose weight, so here I go:
1st goal = Onederland! 199lbs
2nd goal = 180 (what I was when I met DH)
3rd goal = 160 or size 10

Final goal 160 = 45lbs to lose
So, at 2lbs /week 22 weeks = Aug 10th goal

You will do it!! Wanna know how I know???? Cuz August 10th is MY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #40  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

This may sound odd. But has anyone noticed a difference in their teeth. I have always had yellow teeth. Despite whitening my teeth remained yellow. I have noticed the last couple weeks my teeth seem whiter than they ever have. I haven't whitened in about a year.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #41  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieDMW View Post
When I returned, the Chiropr office had hired a different coach-I feel completely unsupported. Anyone relate? I am so frustrated. I've tried to contact the owner, he doesn't return calls or emails. - - really feeling angry and disappointed. Any advice??
I believe that others who have been unhappy with their coaches have contacted other IP offices in their area. Let them know your circumstances and that you aren't a good fit with the current coach at your office. Ask them if they will waive the initial start up fee and let you join their office. They should be willing to allow you to come to their office knowing that you will be spending money every week buying IP food and see their counselor.

Another option...... Some people who didn't like their coach or live in towns that don't have any IP clinics within reasonable driving distance will order all their food/supplements from:
http://www.plainprotein.com/
You can even get a monthly discount if you spend a decent amount per order. The amount you have to spend varies month to month - so, if you decide to go this route, let me know and I can give you better instructions on how to apply the discount.
You can then just use this 3FC site as your counselor (so to speak). I don't know how much experience you have on here, but there are fabulous people who give a lot of support and someone should always have an answer to any question you might think to ask. The nice thing about this site compared to some of the IP counselors is that the people here have really walked the walk, whereas it seems some of the counselors haven't even had any weight issues or even done any of the IP phases.
However, if you really need that one-on-one personal contact with a counselor or the accountability that a WI at the clinic will get you, then you should go that route!

And you could even do the program using alternative products to IP's. There are whole Threads on Alternatives where you can find out what is acceptable for P1 and what people like/don't like. Most of the alternative products cost about 1/2 the amount of IP food and people usually order from:
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/

Hope this helps and Good Luck! Jen
Let us know what you decide and how it works out for you
Old 03-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 222/191/160Started IP 1-23-13

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingit50 View Post
About to go to yoga . I have been practicing for 1- 1/2 years and really enjoy it. It is HOT yoga and the sweat is amazing. Anyway, I went yesterday and noticed how much easier it is for me to do all of the postures with 20 lbs gone. )
Way to go! I am also really looking forward to finding out the poses are easier for me in my Bikram yoga class.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #43  
IP start March 8th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
You will do it!! Wanna know how I know???? Cuz August 10th is MY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Must be good luck!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #44  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

Hello,

I'll preface this by saying this isn't meant to be a whine, but legitimate concern. And hopefully not TMI.

I lost 9# the first week and gained .6 at my 2nd weigh in, but I also had started my TOM, so I wasn't super concerned. Well, my TOM only lasted 3 days (with the 3rd day being hardly anything) which has never happened before. And now in my 3rd week, I haven't dropped that .6 gain, let alone lost any additional weight.

I have been extremely 100% OP (2 unrest/1rest per day), taking my vitamins, drinking my water, salting my food. I'm not suffering from the big C, and other than having the occasional craving for a slice of pizza, feel fine and wouldn't know I'm on minimal calories/low-carbs. (I was eating 1300 cal. prior to starting, so the transition wasn't too difficult).

I do have PCOS, which has always been a barrier to losing weight.

I haven't seen any other postings about people having trouble losing right in the beginning. I don't think this is normal for the protocol but maybe someone with more experience knows?? Is this the PCOS? Could I not be in ketosis despite going through withdrawl the first few days? Is the food amount too little and my body is holding on to everything rather than losing? Have there been other people (who probably aren't on the boards) where IP just didn't work for them/their body? Other possible reasons??

I'm definitely not tempted to cheat or giving up YET, but something better start working in the next month for the money I'm spending.

Thanks!

Last edited by rubygirl05; 03-23-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 143/133/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl05 View Post
Hello,

I'll preface this by saying this isn't meant to be a whine, but legitimate concern. And hopefully not TMI.

I lost 9# the first week and gained .6 at my 2nd weigh in, but I also had started my TOM, so I wasn't super concerned. Well, my TOM only lasted 3 days (with the 3rd day being hardly anything) which has never happened before. And now in my 3rd week, I haven't dropped that .6 gain, let alone lost any additional weight.

I have been extremely 100% OP (2 unrest/1rest per day), taking my vitamins, drinking my water, salting my food. I'm not suffering from the big C, and other than having the occasional craving for a slice of pizza, feel fine and wouldn't know I'm on minimal calories/low-carbs. (I was eating 1300 cal. prior to starting, so the transition wasn't too difficult).

I do have PCOS, which has always been a barrier to losing weight.

I haven't seen any other postings about people having trouble losing right in the beginning. I don't think this is normal for the protocol but maybe someone with more experience knows?? Is this the PCOS? Could I not be in ketosis despite going through withdrawl the first few days? Is the food amount too little and my body is holding on to everything rather than losing? Have there been other people (who probably aren't on the boards) where IP just didn't work for them/their body? Other possible reasons??

I'm definitely not tempted to cheat or giving up YET, but something better start working in the next month for the money I'm spending.

Thanks!
I am sure you are very frustrated. Maybe you can list everything you have been eating so we can see if there is something that needs to be changed?
Closed Thread