Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #1  
Started IP 1/1/13

S/C/G: 132/See Ticker/118

Height: 5'4"

Did you take measurements? Maybe you lost more inches than pounds. I set my goal of losing ~15 lbs too, and like benice said, the lower you go the slower your losses. The most weight I ever lost in 1 week was 3 lbs. Just follow the program as-written and have faith in it--it does work!
PacNW IP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 123.4/122.4/108

Height: 5'3"

Default Swap order of dinner and snack?

I am 5'3" with a goal of losing 15 lbs. I have just finished week one, and lost only one pound. I go straight to class after work with no time for dinner, so I have been having my snack at 6pm, and my dinner after I get home from class, about 9pm. Could this be slowing down my weight loss, or is it just because I don't have that much to lose? I am ok with only losing a pound a week, but I confess I hoped it would be more. I really can't see how I can adjust my routine.
39forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #3  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

You can totally swap the food around if you want (are you hungry during that 3 hour class? I sure would be!!)...but I think your stats are probably more a reflection of the fact that you do not have much weight to lose and you are trying to get to a pretty low weight for your height. The closer I've gotten to goal, the slower my losses have been (this last week is an exception--I had terrible inflamation due to a back injury that just recently cleared up...It all kind of wooshed away).
benice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39forever View Post
I am 5'3" with a goal of losing 15 lbs. I have just finished week one, and lost only one pound. I go straight to class after work with no time for dinner, so I have been having my snack at 6pm, and my dinner after I get home from class, about 9pm. Could this be slowing down my weight loss, or is it just because I don't have that much to lose? I am ok with only losing a pound a week, but I confess I hoped it would be more. I really can't see how I can adjust my routine.
It looks like you don't have much to lose, so it may only be a pound a
week. What does your coach say about your goal?
ok good luck!
DRegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Less to lose is going to mean slower losses, regardless of how you space out your meals. How quickly you lose depends greatly on the difference between the number of calories you are eating, and the number of calories your body needs to function. The smaller the difference between those two numbers, the smaller the losses.

That said, if you are having too much trouble working with the eating schedule according to your coach, you can absolutely have your snack at a different time of the day. Make the diet work for you - if that means having your snack earlier or later in the day, having your protein meal at lunch instead of dinner, splitting your protein or using part of your 4 cups of veggies as a snack...do what you have to do. The MOST important thing is that you get in ALL of your food - 3 packets, 4 cups veggies, 8oz protein (plus water, salt, oil and supplements) every day.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 123.4/122.4/108

Height: 5'3"

My goal is a couple of pounds less than what the coach advised, but I just wanted a little extra wiggle room. If I don't lose that extra 2 lbs, no big deal. And if I find I am happy when I get to 112, with regard to how my clothes fit, then I will stop there.

I am just so uncomfortable in my clothes, there has been no improvement on that front and I think that is what REALLY disappoints me. I will rejoice as soon as I see any improvement there, regardless of what the scale says. I just thought I'd FEEL a little better after being so good for a WHOLE WEEK, lol. At the end of week one, I feel as full and bloated as I did before. I am not constipated though. Could be TOM related, I suppose. I've had TOM problems for years but in the last year, my condition has worsened, so it is TOM for 12 days every 10-12 days. I am having an endometrial ablation next week in fact and am getting my hormone levels tested. And I am planning to use alternatives to IP that are whey-based vs soy-based as much as possible. I have found many comparable products on nashuanutrition.com.

Well, I will check in with you all again next week this time and let you know what week 2 brings. I have no intention of giving it up, as I am enjoying it thoroughly, and feel it is going to be a great lifestyle change that I can live with.
39forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #7  
IP Start date 12/18/12

S/C/G: 228.4/171/165

Height: 5 ft 10 inches

My coach told me I could switch it up and I do every day. I don't want dessert. But I'm starving between 2-3. I need it then.
BeccaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote