Laugh to keep from crying

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Humor (and a tad bit of anger) will get me through this.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfk5iseN87k

Ok so I want to stay POSITIVE but you guys are my sounding board and I just need to speak this and own it as my mistake. Almost 3 weeks down tomorrow and had my 1st cheat yesterday. Went to get a fajita salad, no cheese extra lettuce for my supper. I asked for salsa but no sour cream or guacamole. Pay.... get out to my car and dang it the tortilla chips are in my bag. I dont know why it was so hard for me to say no to them. I fixed chips and sandwiches for the kiddos the other day without even thinking twice about it. This is day 2 of TOM and I feel like I am starving. I have done tea and coffee plus my 2Liters today and its not helping. Any tips for me? I think I'm going to have an extra packet today before I do something stupid again. I am he(( bent on making sure this doesn't screw up my week.
  • thank you
    that makes me think of another good "reward" when trying not to use food as a reward~~~COMEDY

watch your favorite funny movie (BEST IN SHOW always works for me)
    or silly show on TV

Ellen, Jon Stewart, Betty White, whatever floats your boat

I have only recently discovered you don't HAVE TO snack while watching TV
    what a concept

you can , play games on your phone, play your guitar, play with your animals, play with your friends, braid someone's hair, do someone's nails (or your own)
    there are lots of things to do besides EAT
  • ok this makes 21 posts, am I officially "here" yet?
    dying to know what happens?
    will someone tell me?
    will I get a patch, a pin? a prize?
  • You sure as heck won't get a chip..... cause I ate it. LOL
  • Quote: You sure as heck won't get a chip..... cause I ate it. LOL
    Hahaha! Well you are human, and getting thru these issues and learning how to deal with them is all part of the process. Forgive yourself, and move on. How I deal with those little surprises is give them away, or if that won't work, destroy it (water over it, in the garbage, step on it, etc) before you cave in to it's allure. You got this!
  • Quote: How I deal with those little surprises is give them away, or if that won't work, destroy it (water over it, in the garbage, step on it, etc) before you cave in to it's allure. You got this!
    Ha! that's why I posted the youtube link. Maybe I should just carry around some dish-washing liquid to pour on stuff
    LOL

The best thing you can do when tempted is walk away. Remove yourself from the temptation. If you can't do that, you just have to dig deep and decide you aren't go to give in. Take it one day at a time and make a commitment not to cheat that day.

You can't change the past, so you need to figure out if there is something OP that helps you through the hungries during TOM. I've never been one to eat plain pickles, but since starting IP they are a go to when I'm super hungry between meals.
  • Quote: Ha! that's why I posted the youtube link. Maybe I should just carry around some dish-washing liquid to pour on stuff
    LOL! Okay I'm busted, I didn't go watch it... but I did now, glad I did (thank you)! too funny. I heard somewhere that if you take something you really like on a scale of 1-10 and the like item is a 1, think of something you don't like on the 10 end and imagine them combined together :-) It really does take away the yummy factor for me in theory, not sure if I was faced with a real live level one temptation that I would remember to do that.
  • Quote: Humor (and a tad bit of anger) will get me through this.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfk5iseN87k

Ok so I want to stay POSITIVE but you guys are my sounding board and I just need to speak this and own it as my mistake. Almost 3 weeks down tomorrow and had my 1st cheat yesterday. Went to get a fajita salad, no cheese extra lettuce for my supper. I asked for salsa but no sour cream or guacamole. Pay.... get out to my car and dang it the tortilla chips are in my bag. I dont know why it was so hard for me to say no to them. I fixed chips and sandwiches for the kiddos the other day without even thinking twice about it. This is day 2 of TOM and I feel like I am starving. I have done tea and coffee plus my 2Liters today and its not helping. Any tips for me? I think I'm going to have an extra packet today before I do something stupid again. I am he(( bent on making sure this doesn't screw up my week.
    Ahhh, tortilla chips...my own private obsession! These have been one of the hardest things for me to give up. I understand the difficulty in saying "no" to them...I LOVE tortilla chips!
    You just gotta forgive yourself (you're only human) and move on. I think moving on and getting back OP after admitting you messed up is a victory, too! Better than the "I've already messed up, might as well just eat whatever I want now" mentality that I have used before.
    You're doing great, keep positive!
  • Quote: Ha! that's why I posted the youtube link. Maybe I should just carry around some dish-washing liquid to pour on stuff
    I love it. Just destroy the food and we wont eat it. Perfect..lol
  • Quote: that makes me think of another good "reward" when trying not to use food as a reward~~~COMEDY

watch your favorite funny movie (BEST IN SHOW always works for me)
    or silly show on TV

Ellen, Jon Stewart, Betty White, whatever floats your boat

I have only recently discovered you don't HAVE TO snack while watching TV
    what a concept

you can , play games on your phone, play your guitar, play with your animals, play with your friends, braid someone's hair, do someone's nails (or your own)
    there are lots of things to do besides EAT
    OR...you can fall sleep sitting up--which is what I do anytime I try to watch TV after 10:00.
    I always have to crochet, knit or cross stitch when I'm in front of the TV or I will fall asleep. But it beats eating!
  • I love that scene; thanks for posting
  • Had a good laugh with that video. I find myself getting all the good food (that kids don't eat) in the garbage as quick as possible. Thank goodness have not taken anything back out!

I agree with the others, pick yourself back up and move on. You should be back in ketosis if you were kicked out, soon and it's back to fat burning.

I just finished some pickles myself as it has been a hungry day for me. Just need to go to sleep I think. Have a good day tomorrow. Don't be guilty!
  • I only just started my second week but what I have found that helps is to ask someone to take away the tempting food at that moment. Then I take some deep breaths and move onto something to keep my mind and hands busy. Give it a try, it may help! Good luck!

funny!