IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun March 16-17, 2013

You're on Page 1 of 10
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
    Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
  • I have a women's conference all day today. I will be sitting at a table most of the day, but there are a couple seminars I can take in and a lunch. I am taking a couple of drinks with me and the lunch will surely have something I can eat OP. Have a wonderful day all
    Donna Gel
  • Good morning all,
    Cant belive I am awake on a saturday this early,
    cant seem to sleep in, lots of energy! Guess thats
    a good thing. But the rest of the family is zzzzzz, so
    have to be quiet! would love to vacuum and start laundry
    but thats not happening so just enjoy the peace and quiet with
    my cat, LOL!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Gonna give corned beef a shot tomorrow, lo salt & very lean cut, smaller portion and serve with cabbage and asparagus! Is horseradish an ok condiment on IP?
    Looks like it. Ok happy early St Pattys to all!
    3 more days to 3rd WI, gonna have a nice long walk today! actually sunshine
    today in CT, still chilly though. ugh!

D
  • Good morning . Here's to another great day, although it is very early...lol. I will keep reminding myself as we take our kids to McDonalds today for lunch, that I am doing this for myself and nothing tastes as good as skinny . Have a great day
  • Quote: Good morning . Here's to another great day, although it is very early...lol. I will keep reminding myself as we take our kids to McDonalds today for lunch, that I am doing this for myself and nothing tastes as good as skinny . Have a great day
    That line got me through many temptations. There is no doubt that skinny feels way better than McDonalds tastes.
  • Quote: I have a women's conference all day today. I will be sitting at a table most of the day, but there are a couple seminars I can take in and a lunch. I am taking a couple of drinks with me and the lunch will surely have something I can eat OP. Have a wonderful day all
    Donna Gel
    I hope you're right.

Most seminars I've been to include sandwiches, already dressed salads, too many carbs, etc.

Always better to be prepared with some veggies and/or a piece of grilled chicken in your purse.
  • Happy Weekend Everyone!

Hubby took me to the movies last night.....we saw Jack the Giant Slayer. It was ok....I think I would've liked Oz a bit better, but it was still fun to go out without the kiddies. I made the Chocolate cake in a mug and put it in a ziplock baggie to eat in the theatre which he had his sour patch kids...lol It was the first time I had had that....it was pretty good, put I think it needed a stronger chocolate taste, so next time, I might some WF choc. syrup to it. But I was a good girl, even though the smell of popcorn made my mouth water a bit
  • Quote: I hope you're right.

Most seminars I've been to include sandwiches, already dressed salads, too many carbs, etc.

Always better to be prepared with some veggies and/or a piece of grilled chicken in your purse.
    In this case I am close enough to home,2 minutes, that I can run home if need be. I won't be shy about asking for undressed salad or veggies. This particular conference center is known for it's buffets, so I am sure there will be something. Anyplace else and I would pack a lunch.
  • Morning everyone! So sick of the cold and snow! I see some online shopping in my future today

Does anyone else plan for events after goal to keep them motivated? I expect to reach my goal around July and am planning a combined birthday party/backyard brew-fest. I think it keeps me focused. It will also be the first time many family and friends will see me in many months, very excited for the big reveal! Before IP big parties were a source of stress and not wanting to participate, can't wait for that to be a thing of the past!
  • Good morning to everyone. I haven't posted for a few days. But I have been reading and enjoying everyone's great ideas and successes. We just returned from a short trip to Minnesota to see a great friend and my aunt and cousins. We also took in a fun eagle presentation in Wabasha. I recommend it! Enough about me. I remember reading on here (when I could get Wi-Fi ), how to prepare or soften the rutabages in the microwave. I have searched the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday daily chats, plus used search....but just can't find it. I haven't officially started yet ( Tuesday) but I am collecting tips and recipes. I really liked the idea of using rutabages with corned beef. If anyone has time I would sure appreciate that tip repeated. Have a great day everyone.
  • Good morning all! Very comforting to find you here..here's a hug from me...Chilly one outside, looks like I'm inside for a bit! Going to do some cooking and baking to prepare for the week back after the March break. Trying the muffins using 1pack of otmeal and 1pack of crepe, and a big pot of soup filled with veggies. Jello for a treat, and tapioca pudding. Put in containers (bought new ones at Ikea this week ) and freeze. That way I can just grab and go, make sure I have a big salad ready and voila! Stress free mornings!
  • Quote: Morning everyone! So sick of the cold and snow! I see some online shopping in my future today

Does anyone else plan for events after goal to keep them motivated? I expect to reach my goal around July and am planning a combined birthday party/backyard brew-fest. I think it keeps me focused. It will also be the first time many family and friends will see me in many months, very excited for the big reveal! Before IP big parties were a source of stress and not wanting to participate, can't wait for that to be a thing of the past!
    I just want a new wardrobe!!! Maybe we'll have a bombfire and burn all of my fat clothes!! Hey, hubby keeps saying we should have more of them! We have a beautiful fire pit in our yard that never gets used...
  • Good morning all ! Cold day in Northern Ontario not sure when this winter is going to end. Leaving for some sunny weather on Tuesday cant wait .
  • Does anybody have a fav veggies to make "french fries" out of? I did turnip yesterday, was very good!
  • Quote: Good morning all ! Cold day in Northern Ontario not sure when this winter is going to end. Leaving for some sunny weather on Tuesday cant wait .
    I'm in Sudbury and it's freeeeezing...where are you? And where are you going?