Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #76  
Started IP: 1/16/13

S/C/G: 228.6/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
hello,

Last night we had compagny over, drinks and lots of food. I think my husband took out every junk food available for the group ( He did ask first if I would be o.k. and I said yes as we need to live in the real world and not punish others who do not need to lose weight). I prepared a vegetable tray with lots of cucumbers, celery and other great things.

well after a fabulous night of laughter, I did not even feel the need to drink like everyone else or eat any of the junk food. I am so proud of myself, not even a nibble. I do believe this is a first. what a great victory! woot woot!
Congratulations! That's awesome
Old 03-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaner View Post
I remember reading on here (when I could get Wi-Fi ), how to prepare or soften the rutabages in the microwave. I have searched the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday daily chats, plus used search....but just can't find it. I haven't officially started yet ( Tuesday) but I am collecting tips and recipes. I really liked the idea of using rutabages with corned beef. If anyone has time I would sure appreciate that tip repeated. Have a great day everyone.
Here's how I do it;Take an medium size rutabaga, poke it a few times with a knife then wrap all around in about 3-4 thicknesses of paper towel (to absorb the wax coating that will melt off). Depending on the wattage on your microwave, cook on high for about 17 minutes turning occasionally so that the bottom doesn't cook more than other sections.

Remove from microwave and see if a knife will go all the way to the center. If it it is still just a little uncooked, inverting a bowl over it for 10-20 minutes should complete the process. If it is still quite hard, return to the microwave for a few more minutes.

When it feel tender enough, remove paper towels and peel. At this point the rutabaga is "mashable" or you can enjoy it just cubed up.

Hope this trick helps. I have passed this on to many people over the years and everyone is always delighted at how easy it is.

Good luck on you weight loss journey!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #78  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Way to go on staying OP when there is so much temptation around.

Yesterday at the women's conference they has cookies, muffins and fruit sitting around all day. For lunch they served cream of broccoli soup and sandwiches. I checked to make sure there would be raw veggies or undressed salads. I sat and looked around as I ate my vegetables and thought, "Do you all know how much sugar you are putting into your body!!" Haha.

I left the conference early because it was painfully boring.

All in all I didn't do great yesterday with eating, but neither did I eat anything I shouldn't have.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #79  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
hello,

Last night we had compagny over, drinks and lots of food. I think my husband took out every junk food available for the group ( He did ask first if I would be o.k. and I said yes as we need to live in the real world and not punish others who do not need to lose weight). I prepared a vegetable tray with lots of cucumbers, celery and other great things.

well after a fabulous night of laughter, I did not even feel the need to drink like everyone else or eat any of the junk food. I am so proud of myself, not even a nibble. I do believe this is a first. what a great victory! woot woot!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #80  

Quote:
Last night we had company over, drinks and lots of food. I think my husband took out every junk food available for the group ( He did ask first if I would be o.k. and I said yes as we need to live in the real world and not punish others who do not need to lose weight). I prepared a vegetable tray with lots of cucumbers, celery and other great things.

That's what I like best about this plan. There are enough OP choices to keep me satisfied and Ketosis takes care of the true hunger. As long as I don't have to battle any demons in my head trying to get me to eat, its all good. The ketosis REALLY removes the desire to eat more than the plan calls for!

Somebody asked me yesterday how I can be the DD (designated driver) for this long, knowing full well I'd AT LEAST like to have vodka/soda. I just shrugged it off. They don't "get" how much better thinner feels than the one or two drinks. I do. So it is easy for me.

Besides, there have to be new attitudes about both food and drink carried into maintenance if maintenance is to occur!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Yesterday we took my nieces from out of town to the zoo. Good thing I planned ahead. There was absolutely NOTHING except water that was actually OP for me to have.
I did my packet when they ate their PB&J and Hot Dog. My MIL ordered pizza pretzels for everyone else. After we left the zoo hubby stopped by the fruit stand and I picked up some yummies to go in my salad. It was more spread out of a lunch than I usually do, but I DID IT!!!! OP
Very proud of myself.
We also did some shopping after the zoo. I bought a new scale, which I'm probably returning. This morning I weighed just to see and it was 10lbs different from last night. I let it go off and weighed again...in 30 seconds I gained 3 lbs with no other changes. Thinking it's a dud!
Anyway, we went out for dinner last night as well. I had an 8 oz sirloin and grilled veggies with a salad. Never felt deprived at all (with exception of the yummy bread they brought out at the beginning).
Anyway, great weekend.

Last edited by aliboo723; 03-17-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #82  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

You need to let the scale sit for a bit before using. Try again this morning.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Good Morning Everyone! Some awesome nsv by everyone this weekend

I had a wonderful day yesterday with my DIL to be, we went shopping for my one month reward for staying 100% OP. A pair of killer red shoes

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #84  

Smile So Glad to Be Here!

I just returned to IP a few weeks ago (actually 4 weeks) for a "tune-up". This time I'm sticking to it no matter what. The first time I joined was to support my daughter who also joined. We both lost the weight, but I slacked off. This time I feel so much better about my nutritional goals. Thanks for all your support.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Lots of great temptation victories! Great job staying OP everyone!

Happy St. Patty's Day! I did s Skype IP cooking class with my best friend last night. We had a lot of fun and will be making it a weekly thing. Headed skiing in a bit, as much as I'm looking forward to spring it'll be nice to get a few more runs in before the season is over. The cold is really getting to me lately but I'd rather be thin and freezing than overweight and hot all the time. Looking forward to not dreading the summer heat!
Old 03-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 183/154/140

Height: 5'2"

I just joined My Fitness Pal to track my weight and journal my food in. I had been using another website, but they didn't have an app for my iPhone.

Seems like fun. Hope everyone has had a great weekend!
Old 03-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #87  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #88  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

Way to go ginettepv and Donna on handling those group temptations! I work in a tech startup with a lot of 20-somethings and lunches consist of bar type food (e.g. wings, etc) and there's free alcohol in the office. I am not ready to reveal my diet, so it's a difficult balance to participate without actually participating. Fortunately, even if I wasn't on IP, I wouldn't eat all that fried food anyway, so it's not so much a temptation to have the food as it is to be part of the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
I bought a new scale, which I'm probably returning. This morning I weighed just to see and it was 10lbs different from last night. I let it go off and weighed again...in 30 seconds I gained 3 lbs with no other changes. Thinking it's a dud!
I've had this happen to me often with different scales. I bought one last week that I'm very pleased with, it's the Thinner Glass & Chrome scale. If I step on it 5 times, it'll give me the same number.

Question: I want to put a whole chicken in the crockpot with lemon, garlic, and rosemary. I was going to leave the skin on (put the lemon/herbs between the skin and chicken) and remove it post-cooking. Is that ok? Or will the skin cook enough to add too much fat?

Last edited by rubygirl05; 03-17-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Great victories over temptations for so many this weekend.

Yesterday took the kids to Subway for their dinner, but I just had mine early at home before we left. Not sure what meat I would choose at Subway that would actually be very healthy and anyway I can make better food so why pay for it at Subway. I just had a decafe americano while they ate. I'll save subway for when I am in a pinch. Had my shake as later dinner and my restricted even later when we got home, but it all worked out on plan.

I have yet to actually eat out on IP. A lot is for money reasons and I also am a stay at home mom right now so pretty easy to get everything prepared here. I am sure if I was working would have hit restaurants a lot more. Although I do miss working sometimes (especially this long cold winter which I am not used to), I also know following the plan at home without all the hustle has helped me get through it each day.

Last edited by ladylunk; 03-17-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl05 View Post
Question: I want to put a whole chicken in the crockpot with lemon, garlic, and rosemary. I was going to leave the skin on (put the lemon/herbs between the skin and chicken) and remove it post-cooking. Is that ok? Or will the skin cook enough to add too much fat?
The skin will definitely cook but that should be fine as long as you toss the liquid, where most of the fat will be after cooking. I usually roast mine & use the crock pot to make broth with the carcass, after discarding the skin. But if I were going to be gone all day, the crock pot would work for the whole chicken!
Closed Thread