Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #31  

Height: 5'6"

Default Pancakes NOM NOM

Shout out time!!!!

Dear Miss Calisto I would give you a big if I could. The pancakes were the bomb! Looking forward to Sunday mornings and making the family French toast, while I enjoy my pancakes!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #32  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP190 View Post
Less than two hours since I ate breakfast and I'm starving already ... It's so hard to resist cooking some of the food we have in the freezer (that are definitely not IP approved!). I'm cleaning the entire apartment to keep my mind off of food!
Warm tea helps. Anything hot seems to feel more filling.
Remember your lettuce...eat it to "fill the hole"
And you really don't want to be too active day one. Heck, I spent the first three days in bed!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP190 View Post
Less than two hours since I ate breakfast and I'm starving already ... It's so hard to resist cooking some of the food we have in the freezer (that are definitely not IP approved!). I'm cleaning the entire apartment to keep my mind off of food!
Have some hot herbal tea & find something to keep you occupied...clean, get outside, drink more water. The hunger does last a few days but when ketosis kicks in, it is an appetite supressant!
In addition, it is about re-learning behaviors. We are so used to grabbing food/snacks whenever we feel like it so then we are hyper-aware that we can no longer do that. This passes, as well but it IS an uncomfortable few days.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 143/133/120

Height: 5' 2"

IP190 try some tea, it definitely helps with the hunger pains.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
Warm tea helps. Anything hot seems to feel more filling.
Remember your lettuce...eat it to "fill the hole"
And you really don't want to be too active day one. Heck, I spent the first three days in bed!
Right now I'm working off of a really tight budget, so no extra lettuce! But as soon as I get my SNAP benefits I'll be able to afford more lettuce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Have some hot herbal tea & find something to keep you occupied...clean, get outside, drink more water. The hunger does last a few days but when ketosis kicks in, it is an appetite supressant!
In addition, it is about re-learning behaviors. We are so used to grabbing food/snacks whenever we feel like it so then we are hyper-aware that we can no longer do that. This passes, as well but it IS an uncomfortable few days.
Yes, I remember the first time I did IP the first few days were horrible ... but since I HAVE done this before I know it will pass. I just have to stay 100% OP and I'll make it through! And yes, before I even made my first meal of the day I was suddenly wanting to eat everything in the house. Can't wait for the ketosis. Now that I can't eat to ease my "boredom", though, I'll probably be a lot more productive. Thank goodness for that~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubie View Post
IP190 try some tea, it definitely helps with the hunger pains.
Thanks for the tea suggestions! I just bought a few Brita filtered squeeze bottles and they get here today, so once the water gets cold I'll be able to drink all the water my stomach can handle.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #36  
Started IP 3/8/2013

S/C/G: 163/146/115

Height: 5'1"

Hello all! New member and this is my first post!

1st WI today = -7lbs!

Very excited and motivated! Now if I could just learn to love the broccoli and cheese soup.......
Old 03-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #37  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

what's up with this "ideal complete" and meal replacements im hearin about?
Old 03-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #38  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTraveleronIP View Post
Wow; you are brave. Do you reach a point where it isn't tempting? I would force my company to eat what I am (only I would add pasta or rice). We have company coming for dinner on Saturday, so I suggested grilled salmon, asparagus spears and salad (I added brown rice for the guests).
I kinda set myself up from the beginning that I wasn't going to "force" the people around me to diet alongside me. This is MY journey, and other than seeking out recipes that would satisfy everyone's palate, I didn't sweat it when they were eating what I couldn't have. It will ALWAYS be tempting - so I looked at it as a lesson in willpower and putting food in its place (in other words, not letting the food be in control!). Even in maintenance, that pizza looks great - but I still can't have a slice just because everyone else is (fun day food only!) - and I learned how to deal with that temptation in Phase 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyasolomon View Post
I am super annoyed, went for my official WI this morning only to have lost 1.8lbs from last weeks WI. This is my lowest since i have been OP for the past 7 weeks. #miserable

I am seriously revamping my focus and will go back to measuring rigidly my cups and my ounces on everything!
Lisa summed it up. But you lost nearly 2lbs - that is pretty darn close to the correct average losses per week that you SHOULD be seeing!

It's been said here repeatedly - but weight loss is NOT a linear process. It is not a straight, constant downward drop. Your body is going to try and stabilize itself along the way. You might have an illness, injury, or hormonal time where your body retains some water. Or you might just have one of "those" weeks where the scale is holding off its reward for your diligence. It is ALL part of the process.

Get the word "ONLY" out of your vocabulary. Loss is loss. Whether it's inches lost, pounds lost, or both - it's all headed in the right direction.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #39  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Does anyone else do Ideal to Go? I've gotten a few emails from them that seem to indicate that they are no longer related to IP. Am I misunderstanding? Perhaps this is a brick and mortar place that is switching from all IP products? They are offering me self branded "Ideal to Go" products. Just curious if any of you have seen this...
http://www.idealtogo.com/aboutITG2.html
Old 03-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 256/218/165

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Yes! Cheekbones!! Have you rediscovered your collarbones yet? That was a trip for me!! Still is!

And thanks, everyone. Feels great to be in this place.
Oh yes, the collarbones are starting to reappear too! So nice to see these changes happening!
Old 03-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #41  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Default stupid question?

Just had my first weigh in and wanted to anounce it to you guys, but can't seem to figure out how to navigate this site well...or is it because I haven't been here for 20 days that I can't start a new thread?
Hugs,
Christine
Old 03-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Happy Friday.

Scale victory for the DW at last night's WI she is down 0.5 pounds but is starting her TOM so she is quite happy, that and the fact she is seeing visible changes to her body due to losing weight.

Jumped on the scale and it is moving down - not worried about the exact number jsut glad to see it is moving downward.

Checked my work email last night and there was message asking me to see the president this morning. So spent all night worrying about it. All for nothing because he just wanted to know if I would be interested in expanding my role within the college - on a temporary basis - excellent a bit more job security for a little while. Good deal. The only frustrating thing today is my bloody pants will barely stay up. Last hole on the belt has been used, pants will no longer fit and if I'm not careful someone walking behind me or walking towards me might be getting an eye full if the pants slip entirely off my hips.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Just had my first weigh in and wanted to anounce it to you guys, but can't seem to figure out how to navigate this site well...or is it because I haven't been here for 20 days that I can't start a new thread?
Hugs,
Christine
This is the perfect place to announce it
If you look at the guidelines for starting new threads, a lot of people are starting unneeded threads
Old 03-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #44  
IP start March 8th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I'm so glad it's finally Friday!!! I'm meeting my niece after work today for a ride on our horses but of course in my mad dash to prepare lunch for myself this morning I forgot my bag of riding clothes. Thankfully I'm wearing jeans (ok honestly I work in a casual office so I'm almost always wearing jeans) but I hate riding in jeans.....I'm hopeful I have my spare pair of riding boots in my car otherwise I'll just be watching her.
Hello from Sudbury, Ontario, where are you in Ontario?
Old 03-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #45  
IP start March 8th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
This is the perfect place to announce it
If you look at the guidelines for starting new threads, a lot of people are starting unneeded threads
Gotcha! Okay, well...I lost 7lbs and 7 inches!!!!
Back to work Monday, got an extra box of drinks to keep on my desk in case I get weak, I teach gym and dance to little guys so I'm thinking I'll need a boost sometimes! My coach says I'd better have them handy rather than head to the staff room starving and being tempted by all the goodies that are there (seems it's always somebody's birthday; cake).
Hugs,
Christine
Closed Thread