IP Daily Chat Friday 3/15/2013

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: I am super annoyed, went for my official WI this morning only to have lost 1.8lbs from last weeks WI. This is my lowest since i have been OP for the past 7 weeks. #miserable

I am seriously revamping my focus and will go back to measuring rigidly my cups and my ounces on everything!
    relax...you can't lose huge amounts every week. Bottom line...look at the average...I lost 28 lbs in 12 weeks so I lost 9 lbs a month...2.25 lbs a week. I didn't actually lose that amount every week, sometimes more, sometimes less. I lost 4.4 last week and 0.0 this week...it all averages out. So again I say, RELAX.
  • Funny NSV last night...I realized that my undies are getting too big! DH says, "Damn those always looked so good on your bum!" ROFL...so now I gotta visit Victoria's Secret...bummer (not)!
  • Hi all - happy Friday!!

mrskuby - yay for big undies! Happy shopping!

anya - sorry you had a lower week but they do happen and it's all getting you one step closer to your end goal, right?

Big hellos to everyone else. I'm very excited because in addition to being Friday, today's my first phase 2 day. That's right, I'm phasing out! Very very exciting. Lunch will be delicious!
  • Quote: I'm headed to my family reunion at Easter and none of them has seen me since last summer.
    I'm actually headed to a wake tomorrow for a friend's mom (very Irish family - he was actually born in Dublin). There will be a lot of friends there that haven't seen me since January. While 23lbs isn't gigantic, where I've lost it makes it more noticable. Since it's mostly guys I'm not expecting a lot of comments but imagine I'll get at least 1 or 2.
  • Congrats IPdivajen and good luck! Two weeks today will be my first P2 day.
  • Quote: I am super annoyed, went for my official WI this morning only to have lost 1.8lbs from last weeks WI. This is my lowest since i have been OP for the past 7 weeks. #miserable

I am seriously revamping my focus and will go back to measuring rigidly my cups and my ounces on everything!
    "only" is a four-letter-word around here.
    Let's reframe for a moment.
    REALLY? Miserable?
    Did you GAIN?
    THAT. would make me closer to miserable (but I'd still have to evaluate whether I were constipated or had ingested more sodium or anything else that could have made me retain)
    How were your measurements?
    Your scale is headed in the right direction and this needs to be celebrated.
    Attitude adjustment time!
  • I agree anything that is down from last WI is reason to celebrate! Honestly I weigh myself pretty much every morning but the number on the scale NEVER gets me down. Some days it has been up, other days it stays the same for 3 or 4 days but I never worry as I know I'm following the plan exactly the way it's supposed to be. I step on the scale really just out of curiosity and it's something I will probably continue to do into maintenance. I've lost weight in the past on other diets and never maintained it. I rarely would weigh myself as I didn't want to see the number and then when I'd finally step on the scale it had jumped so drastically that I would almost give up trying to fix it. Daily weighing is one way I plan to keep myself motivated and OP...even when I'm not on P1 any more.
  • IPdivajen,
    Congrats on starting phase 2. I've been following your progress since I joined in August. You are AMAZING!
  • Quote: IPdivajen,
    Congrats on starting phase 2. I've been following your progress since I joined in August. You are AMAZING!
    I'll second that!!!
  • When I was getting ready for bed last night, I noticed that my face looks a lot slimmer! When I first started IP 6 weeks ago, I noticed I lost a fair bit in my belly and thighs....but last night I was like "whoa I almost have cheekbones again!"

It's so nice to be able to see it somewhere where baggy winter clothes don't hide the changes
  • Quote: Hi all - happy Friday!!

Big hellos to everyone else. I'm very excited because in addition to being Friday, today's my first phase 2 day. That's right, I'm phasing out! Very very exciting. Lunch will be delicious!
    Congrats!!!!
  • Quote: When I was getting ready for bed last night, I noticed that my face looks a lot slimmer! When I first started IP 6 weeks ago, I noticed I lost a fair bit in my belly and thighs....but last night I was like "whoa I almost have cheekbones again!"

It's so nice to be able to see it somewhere where baggy winter clothes don't hide the changes
    Yes! Cheekbones!! Have you rediscovered your collarbones yet? That was a trip for me!! Still is!

And thanks, everyone. Feels great to be in this place.
  • Quote: Hi all - happy Friday!!

mrskuby - yay for big undies! Happy shopping!

anya - sorry you had a lower week but they do happen and it's all getting you one step closer to your end goal, right?

Congratulations IPdivajen!!
  • Quote: I agree anything that is down from last WI is reason to celebrate! Honestly I weigh myself pretty much every morning but the number on the scale NEVER gets me down. Some days it has been up, other days it stays the same for 3 or 4 days but I never worry as I know I'm following the plan exactly the way it's supposed to be. I step on the scale really just out of curiosity and it's something I will probably continue to do into maintenance. I've lost weight in the past on other diets and never maintained it. I rarely would weigh myself as I didn't want to see the number and then when I'd finally step on the scale it had jumped so drastically that I would almost give up trying to fix it. Daily weighing is one way I plan to keep myself motivated and OP...even when I'm not on P1 any more.
    ITA! You just described my past behaviour exactly. Only I've been doing that for about 30 years longer than you. Like you, in the past I never got into the habit of regularly weighing myself. It's a new habit for me to check every am now, right after getting up. Regular weighing is definitely going to be a new lifestyle habit for maintenance.
  • Less than two hours since I ate breakfast and I'm starving already ... It's so hard to resist cooking some of the food we have in the freezer (that are definitely not IP approved!). I'm cleaning the entire apartment to keep my mind off of food!