3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Phasing Off Properly- Help (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/277590-phasing-off-properly-help.html)

LexiChanel1 03-13-2013 02:48 PM

Phasing Off Properly- Help

All,

Thank you for all of your support on my IP journey. I can't thank everyone on this board enough:)
I need help phasing off, I cannot find any threads on the topic. I need to phase off by Saturday March 23rd and I need help from an experienced IPer, aka Maintainer. Please help me, I am currently in Phase 1. My brother's wedding is on March 23rd, in Florida, so I want to be phased off for the weekend festivities:) Thank you all in advance.:^:

IP43 03-13-2013 02:52 PM

go to the "stickies" -- i think they're posted on the "daily" first post. Lisa usually opens the thread. All the info on every phase you need is there. Hope that helps

LexiChanel1 03-13-2013 02:56 PM

I looked there and theres no step by step plan. I need help with how many days to be on Phase 2. then how many days on phase 3? I only have 9 days to phase off

ragdoll74 03-13-2013 03:00 PM

It is supposed to be 2 weeks for each phase. You can try shortening each one to fit into your time schedule....4 days phase II and 5 days phase III.

LexiChanel1 03-13-2013 03:55 PM

Ragdoll,
do you think that would be enough time? Thank you so much:)

DontGiveUp17 03-13-2013 03:56 PM

I think what ragdoll said it good. When I look at Tran Tien's website, he says no more than a week on Phase II and no more than two weeks on Phase III. I think you will be fine. Good Luck!!

LexiChanel1 03-13-2013 04:11 PM

Dontgiveup17,
Thank you:) I really dnt want to gain 5 lbs back:( Have you phased off before? I wonder if it will help if I workout while phasing off?

IP43 03-13-2013 04:19 PM

You may not gain, but just be prepared that you MAY regain up to 5 pounds back but it's not FAT-- it's the reverse process when you reintroduce carbs (instead of "reverse osmosis" we'll call it "reverse ketosis" ;)). Remember week one when you LOST over 5 pounds? That wasn't all fat either. It's the way it is which is why some people will add a few extra pounds off before phasing off. You're in a bit of a time crunch so maybe don't have that option.

evepet 03-13-2013 04:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
You might want to consider just moving directly to P3 and spending the full amount of time available to you there. I've read here that this is the approach Wuv has adopted, and that there are many other clinics now adopting this approach too. As I understand it, the original phase out time on P2 was needed when we used to stop P1 and move on to P2 when we'd reached 80-90% of our weight goal. During P2 you're still in ketosis, and most people still lose weight. In P3 you incorporate a breakfast that includes grains, fruit, fat, and dairy and the higher carb content moves you out of ketosis. The rest of the day is the same as in P2. IP protocol changed a few months ago and now recommends that dieters stay on P1 until we've reached our desired goal weight. So there's less need for P2 as an interim step to continue the weight loss. There are many posters who've been through this who post on the Maintainers thread... If you haven't already done so, I'd check in there and ask for their input. They've experienced it firsthand, and have useful experience with the phasing out stages. Here's a link to the current Maintainers thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-10-a-23.html

I've uploaded a few attachments that should be helpful. I'm not 100% sure though that they are the latest version, but they'll still be useful. I've done the majority of my dieting here on alternatives sans-coach, and these are documents that I've copied from time to time from this site to have available for reference.

scorbett1103 03-13-2013 05:08 PM

Phase 2 can be up to two weeks - I did Phase 2 for one week. It does help to have that phase where you're eating more "real" food but not adding back carbs and dairy, your body gets lazy digesting the packaged foods and it helps to give it a little "exercise" before making it process new things.

Phase 3 HAS to be 2 weeks - no more, no less.

LexiChanel1 03-13-2013 05:09 PM

Wow Evepet, That was very nice of you:) thank you so very much. I will definitely skip Phase 2 then. I really really appreciate your input:)

LexiChanel1 03-13-2013 05:09 PM

Thanks Scorbett:) you are very sweet.

evepet 03-13-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 (Post 4666865)
Wow Evepet, That was very nice of you:) thank you so very much. I will definitely skip Phase 2 then. I really really appreciate your input:)

No problem. :) BTW - here's a link to a 'Phase3 Breakfast Ideas' thread, to help you plan your 'big breakfast' on P3. :) Some good ideas there.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ast-ideas.html

DJ72 03-13-2013 05:43 PM

My question....I am not a big dairy eater as I am lactose intolerant and really don't miss it. Okay...maybe cheese and greek yogurt. I don't really care to eat grains at breakfast but will if I have to.
I really am not minding this diet at all. Maybe more interested at bringing back some restricted or No No veggies....like AVOCADO! Should I follow phase three by the book for a bit and then change it up to how I want it?
Thanks in advance. Oh....I finally had a 3 lb weight loss this week and I am now where I wanted to be for my holiday at the end of the month! Thinking I should start my phase off too! I will be restarting phase one when I return to lose the remainder of my weight.

scorbett1103 03-13-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ72 (Post 4666889)
My question....I am not a big dairy eater as I am lactose intolerant and really don't miss it. Okay...maybe cheese and greek yogurt. I don't really care to eat grains at breakfast but will if I have to.
I really am not minding this diet at all. Maybe more interested at bringing back some restricted or No No veggies....like AVOCADO! Should I follow phase three by the book for a bit and then change it up to how I want it?
Thanks in advance. Oh....I finally had a 3 lb weight loss this week and I am now where I wanted to be for my holiday at the end of the month! Thinking I should start my phase off too! I will be restarting phase one when I return to lose the remainder of my weight.

Remember that Phase 3 is JUST a big breakfast, with lunch and dinner exactly like Phase 2. That goes on for 2 weeks, then in maintenance you can choose to continue to use Phase 3 breakfasts and follow the lunch and dinner guidelines. At that point it's about maintaining food balance so you don't regain the weight, and that looks different in calories and food choices for everyone. The restrictions don't come off the veggies until Phase 4/maintenance.

One thing to mention is that avocado is not considered a veggie, it is treated as a fat because of the nutritional content. Same thing with nuts. Beans/legumes are also not considered veggies but carbs. It's a lot to take in!!

If you're not a big dairy/milk person, there are other ways to get the dairy in! I use greek yogurt a LOT, and almond milk in most of my breakfast recipes.

LizRR 03-15-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evepet (Post 4666817)
You might want to consider just moving directly to P3 and spending the full amount of time available to you there. I've read here that this is the approach Wuv has adopted, and that there are many other clinics now adopting this approach too. As I understand it, the original phase out time on P2 was needed when we used to stop P1 and move on to P2 when we'd reached 80-90% of our weight goal. During P2 you're still in ketosis, and most people still lose weight. In P3 you incorporate a breakfast that includes grains, fruit, fat, and dairy and the higher carb content moves you out of ketosis. The rest of the day is the same as in P2. IP protocol changed a few months ago and now recommends that dieters stay on P1 until we've reached our desired goal weight. So there's less need for P2 as an interim step to continue the weight loss. There are many posters who've been through this who post on the Maintainers thread... If you haven't already done so, I'd check in there and ask for their input. They've experienced it firsthand, and have useful experience with the phasing out stages. Here's a link to the current Maintainers thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-10-a-23.html

I've uploaded a few attachments that should be helpful. I'm not 100% sure though that they are the latest version, but they'll still be useful. I've done the majority of my dieting here on alternatives sans-coach, and these are documents that I've copied from time to time from this site to have available for reference.

I sent you a PM but see that Evepet already gathered all the documents hidden in the threads!

LexiChanel1 03-15-2013 11:51 PM

Thank you:)

lovetorun3 03-16-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4666763)
It is supposed to be 2 weeks for each phase. You can try shortening each one to fit into your time schedule....4 days phase II and 5 days phase III.

My coach suggested something similar to that for when my family goes on vacation in April. (just in case we don't stay OP the entire time)

Lizzy63 03-16-2013 09:35 AM

I would start phase 3 immediately and do that for as long as possible up to the date. I skipped phase 2 when moving to maintenance with no problems. Good luck! :)

LexiChanel1 03-16-2013 04:41 PM

Thank you so much:) you guys are so awesome

bubbleblower 03-16-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4666937)
If you're not a big dairy/milk person, there are other ways to get the dairy in! I use greek yogurt a LOT, and almond milk in most of my breakfast recipes.

I discovered almond milk recently and *love* it. I use the unsweetened in my coffee in the morning, and if I want an easy 30 calorie 'extra' as a snack I have a glass with a bit of SF syrup. (I'm close enough to goal that I'm not going to sweat an extra 30 calories a couple of times a week.)