3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/13/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/277547-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-3-13-2013-a.html)

scorbett1103 03-13-2013 07:34 PM

For all those with TOM issues (too little, too much, too often). YES it is because of the fat loss! When we ladies lose weight quickly, that estrogen that was stored up in our fat cells floods our system. That causes our cycles AND our moods to go haywire.

It also causes birth control to be less effective, so make sure you're using extra protection if you don't want an IP baby - or go to town (and prepare to phase off) if you DO! :)

IP43 03-13-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustSue (Post 4666250)
Hi, all. I am new to 3FC and find you all inspirational. I joined IP in Jan 2013. So far, in 8 weeks, I have lost 28 pounds and 18 inches!!! It has been than 15 years since I have weighed less than 200 lbs! Financially I am only going to be able to continue another 4 weeks. I am terrified of regaining the weight. Question: Do you find the Paleo diet compatible with Phase 4?
Thank you!!!

P.S. I do plan to return to Phase 1 in a couple months, but plan to use alternative products.

I am only on "page 1" so others may have already said this but whatever you do, phase off properly, don't just stop. I decided to stop and was feeling great and didn't phase off... and 20 lbs later I'm back trying to get back to where I was. The weight will come back very fast if you don't phase off properly so your pancreas can adjust.

A lot of people follow a paleo diet after for maintenance. I plan to do that myself more than likely -- returnin' to my cave man roots :jig:

DannaA 03-13-2013 07:43 PM

So I had my first official weigh in... and at one week I lost an AMAZING 14.2 pounds and 6.75 inches!!!!! I stayed OP (with alternatives) and only had one oops when hubby cooked edamame and I ate it thinking it was ok!

I have to say I feel so positive about this journey! I cant wait to see the future me :D

I was telling friends today that I dont even feel deprived with this plan. Today was my once a month kidfree 'spa' day, when I get my hair and nails done, and BEFORE I would have stopped for a lemonade and 1-2 donuts, and then driven into the city and had a large sub for lunch with chips and pop and then probably have gotten a pop afterwards again!

TODAY.. I got up and enjoyed my morning shake while checking emails, went and got my hair done, then came home to eat my lunch of veggies, 1 boiled egg (with two egg whites) and salad. I brought water with me for the drive, had a herbal tea with a friend and then had my nails done!
No cheats... no thoughts about cheating!!!

I know next week wont be as big a drop...but I am still excited to see the scales keep going lower!!

Yay IP..and yay for everyone on here with amazing advice and recipes and support!
Danna

ps.. I also ended the week with chest congestion... so it was super nice to see the numbers drop the way they did! :D

evepet 03-13-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannaA (Post 4667015)
So I had my first official weigh in... and at one week I lost an AMAZING 14.2 pounds and 6.75 inches!!!!! I stayed OP (with alternatives) and only had one oops when hubby cooked edamame and I ate it thinking it was ok!

I have to say I feel so positive about this journey! I cant wait to see the future me :D

I was telling friends today that I dont even feel deprived with this plan. Today was my once a month kidfree 'spa' day, when I get my hair and nails done, and BEFORE I would have stopped for a lemonade and 1-2 donuts, and then driven into the city and had a large sub for lunch with chips and pop and then probably have gotten a pop afterwards again!

TODAY.. I got up and enjoyed my morning shake while checking emails, went and got my hair done, then came home to eat my lunch of veggies, 1 boiled egg (with two egg whites) and salad. I brought water with me for the drive, had a herbal tea with a friend and then had my nails done!
No cheats... no thoughts about cheating!!!

I know next week wont be as big a drop...but I am still excited to see the scales keep going lower!!

Yay IP..and yay for everyone on here with amazing advice and recipes and support!
Danna

ps.. I also ended the week with chest congestion... so it was super nice to see the numbers drop the way they did! :D

Congrats Danna! You're off to a fantastic start! :carrot::carrot:

Calisto 03-13-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

So I had my first official weigh in... and at one week I lost an AMAZING 14.2 pounds and 6.75 inches!!!!!
That is awesome! Week one I lost 14 lb and I guess that is a record for my clinic lol

IdealProteinNewbie 03-13-2013 07:54 PM

Keep up the fantastic work everybody!

I'm so excited to eat my raspberry jelly, relax, and watch spring training baseball :D

DannaA 03-13-2013 07:55 PM

Thanks ladies! :) It was so encouraging! My weight now reflects what I was before both my boys.. I lost 5 years of weight in 7 days! Craziness!

IP43 03-13-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fam4me (Post 4666370)
OK, need some help. I've been on IP for almost a year and have lost 98 pounds. Had not cheated but can't seem to stay OP now.

You've had some great advice and so I'll only add my 2 cents, as I mentioned above -- it's definitely harder the second time around, so if you can stick to it, try to keep going. I started same time as ragdoll and she's 70 pounds ahead of me in her loss because she kept going. We're all different, yadda yadda yadda, but when I see her numbers/stats it reminds me where I'd be today if I could just keep going. It's tough tho' that's for sure!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFNinerGirl (Post 4666690)
So I decided to change up my packets for the first time in 4 weeks...

I am in LOVE with the pancakes and syrup. What have I been missing out on!!

I look forward to breakfast every morning now, the herbs and cheese omelet was getting old.

Morning bliss awaits....

Just remember that you can make pancakes out of the cereal packs and they arent' restricted that way. Egg whites. 1/2 tsp baking powder, and water to a good consistency will get you pancakes and save you your restricted for later in the day

newday2013 03-13-2013 08:22 PM

feeling crappy...oh no!

First weigh in is Friday, looking forward to the pancakes....the cereal with cold water sounds nasty...
I think I figured out why I feel as bad as I did on day 3, we were out of town yesterday and although I brought 3packs with me, I didn't drink enough water, or take supplements and, I think this was the major culprit, I put milk and splenda in 2 teas...and ate little veggies (only what was on the 2 salads I ordered at the fast food places on route).
So...tomorrow, hoping to be back to my normal self...I felt good for 2 whole blissful days, lol...
Just hope it doesn't screw up my WI too much...

funstaffordmom 03-13-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manda Marie (Post 4666249)
Hi everyone....I've been off the program since Thanksgiving. Thought I'd give myself a break for the holidays. Then in the beginning of January my dad passed away and I've been having a hard time. Took me a couple of months, but finally realized that the best thing I can do to feel better and start healing is to take good care of myself. So, Ideal Protein...here I come! I will admit to doing a "lite" version since I'm low on supplements, but I'm following as closely as I can with generic low carb protein drinks and regular food in the form lots of veggies and meat. Planning to go back full time soon. Wish me luck. Glad to be back on the forum.

Manda, I'm here with you!!! My dad passed away suddenly 8 years ago, my brother two weeks before Xmas in a fire.... I've gained 30-40# in the last 3 years. I have determined that I WILL NOT BE A VICTIM OF STRESS, WORRY, and SORROW!!! You too Manda!!! We need to be strong for ourselves!! That is what our lost ones would want......

ladylunk 03-13-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amberjules (Post 4666801)
Liz - Any weight loss plan where you're losing consistently and from your fat stores will cause estrogen to be released into your body and really mess with your TOM.

**If you have a squeemish stomach than stop reading** I have to tell you a funny, but not so funny story. My TOM decided to visit on Sunday and it seemed pretty normal, but then on Monday it was like a dang dam broke and river started flowing. I had to change tampons FIVE TIMES in one day. It was awful and I still had leakage! Gross. So I went to the store and bought ULTRA tampons and ULTRA (heavy flow) pads. Opened up the pads and laughed my head off. I swear these things were at least 8-9 inches long! I've never seen anything like it! Made me think I wasn't the only out there with troubles. :D:dizzy:
:

This made me lau!gh regarding the ultra pads. Asked my husband to pick up some pads awhile ago and he doesn't know what the heck to get, well he came home with some ultra super heavy flow suckers and let me tell you did we ever have a laugh after unrolling those monsters out of their package! Huge!

funstaffordmom 03-13-2013 08:56 PM

So.... I had my DD Rx filled today and while so I had my pressure checked. Granted it wasn't TOO high, but it was hypertension high...... I had a salad and IP pasta for lunch then attempted to donate blood after. I was rejected because my iron was low :( So I'm a bit bummed tonight.....

d23 03-13-2013 09:05 PM

Day 17 I have lost 11lb so far

:carrot:

Day 17 I have lost 11lb so far

Creaving for lemon:dizzy:

Calisto 03-13-2013 09:05 PM

I am getting my first blood workup done next week since I started IP, excited to see what it says! Will post my before and after results once I get them!

I also haven't seen my primary doctor since I started, she has no idea. I am sure she will be surprised I have lost 70 lb since I last saw her!

lovetorun3 03-13-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNmom (Post 4666124)
I am starving today, is it ok to have a real omlet if I want to save my shake for my afternoon snack?? I brought the shake for bfast but I am going to need something more. If I did egg, peppers, spinach, mushrooms would that affect me too much? I'm thinking TOM is to blame as I am waiting for it anyday now, I just dont want to cave here at work and eat a bunch of crap I shouldnt. Especially since someone left chocolate cake in the breakroom :(

I have 2 scrambled eggs with veggies almost every day for breakfast! I just count it towards my total protein & veggies. Eggs fill me up much more than a shake in the morning. So I save my IP shake for a mid morning snack.
No need to cave, have the omelet :D