IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/13/2013

You're on Page 4 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: I had such an emotional day yesterday it was ridiculous. I felt like a failure on all of my other attempts to lose weight, so why should this one work....sometimes I hate the mean things people can say. I sure hope my WI tomorrow goes well and I can get rid of that internal dialogue that says I cannot lose weight.

Glad today is a NEW DAY!!

Keep the positive thoughts going! You will succeed!

I, too, have been on MANY weight loss plans. This is the only one that has worked. Keep checking in on this site. You get a lot of support and inspiration.

Good luck at WI tomorrow!
  • Quote: Has anyone missed their TOM on IP? I have been on for 6 weeks now, it was that TOM the week I started IP and I have yet to have another TOM. Did a pregnancy test just to make sure and it is not that...
    My TOM is completely messed up since starting IP. Sometimes early, other times very late. It's because your body stores estrogen in fat cells, and when you are losing fat the hormones are released.

Quote: Crock Pot Cooking ??

So I'm making a roast for the family dinner tonight....am I able to have any of the beef? All that's in the pot is the roast, potatoes, carrots (I know I can't have any of those veggies), and beef broth (no salt added), and some spices.

I was hoping to have a few slices of the beef, and my own veggies/salad...is that ok?
    I do this all the time. I don't use potatoes or carrots though. I use rutabaga and celery. The rutabaga is so yummy this way. Actually they mash up really nicely so you can make a sheppards pie with the left overs.
  • Quote: Just received an email from Nashua Nutrition - Free Shipping on orders over $49.00 by using Code "Today49"

Just thought I'd share......Hope everyone is having a great day
    Thanks Texan! I just used it
  • Quote: Keep the positive thoughts going! You will succeed!

I, too, have been on MANY weight loss plans. This is the only one that has worked. Keep checking in on this site. You get a lot of support and inspiration.

Good luck at WI tomorrow!

Thank you JustSue! I think after I see that my body will respond to this I will relax a little about my failures in the past. Let's hope anyway! I will find a way to succeed!
  • I'm posting this a little since my weigh in was last Saturday, but guess how much weight I lost? The number my body just really loves - 2.2 lbs!!!! Lol. My exclamation points are for the fact that it's a consistent recurring number. Though 2.2 lbs is still great since that is equivalent to 8.8 sticks of butter that has been melted from my body! Gotta love it.

Hope everyone is doing well and looks like we've got lots of "losers" this week!
  • Quote: WI today....-1.6.
    Unfortunately I also started my TOM again this morning. Since starting this diet I have had my ToM for 5 weeks. I know it's from the estrogen being released from my fat but geez, I would like a break from it.
    Have a great OP day everyone!! So appreciative for all the people here, your advice and support!!!!
    Liz - Any weight loss plan where you're losing consistently and from your fat stores will cause estrogen to be released into your body and really mess with your TOM.

**If you have a squeemish stomach than stop reading** I have to tell you a funny, but not so funny story. My TOM decided to visit on Sunday and it seemed pretty normal, but then on Monday it was like a dang dam broke and river started flowing. I had to change tampons FIVE TIMES in one day. It was awful and I still had leakage! Gross. So I went to the store and bought ULTRA tampons and ULTRA (heavy flow) pads. Opened up the pads and laughed my head off. I swear these things were at least 8-9 inches long! I've never seen anything like it! Made me think I wasn't the only out there with troubles.

Quote: OK, need some help. I've been on IP for almost a year and have lost 98 pounds. Had not cheated but can't seem to stay OP now. Been this way for the last two weeks. My initial goal was 100 pounds but want to lose another 20 or so. How do I get back on track.....have to wo under why I am struggling now. Should I phase off for a while and then go back to phase 1?
    Wow wow wow you look amazing!!!

Quote: I had such an emotional day yesterday it was ridiculous. I felt like a failure on all of my other attempts to lose weight, so why should this one work....sometimes I hate the mean things people can say. I sure hope my WI tomorrow goes well and I can get rid of that internal dialogue that says I cannot lose weight.

Glad today is a NEW DAY!!
    I totally understand you. I've been there-I'm sure a lot of us have since this isn't our first attempt at losing weight. I just wrote about this in my personal blog I've been keeping about my weight loss. I call that voice inside my head that is nasty and mean my "Inner Mean Girl". She sucks sometimes and can say horrible things to me.

Most of my inner mean girl dialogue is about my prior failures and even now, while doing well with my weight loss, she reared her ugly head this weekend and told me that my skin was starting to sag with the weight loss and how awful I looked, that being fat would be better because at least it fills out the skin. Yeah! I wanted to slap her!

We all have that inner mean girl - we just need to tame her. In case you want to read further and I've posted an affirmations pic that's great to print out and keep at your desk or bathroom mirror. http://www.lamberjules.com/transform...rl-say-to-you/

Be gentle and kind to yourself through the process. Sometimes the reasons we are over weight is because of the stories in our head and these stories/inner dialogue comes out through losing weight. It's a wonderful time to deal with those now, one negative thought at a time, and begin to heal.
  • Quote: Has anyone missed their TOM on IP? I have been on for 6 weeks now, it was that TOM the week I started IP and I have yet to have another TOM. Did a pregnancy test just to make sure and it is not that...
    Yep

Mine started yesterday almost 4 weeks late...
  • whoo hoo! Great weigh in today, lost 4.4 for a total of 71.4 since November!

So excited, next goal... onederland!!!
  • fam4me You look amazing!! Don't give up!!

fitandfabfrog This is a very emotioanl journey as well as a physical one. Even though we are heading towards better health and better bodies it's hard to get rid of old body image and emotions!!! This diet works! You can do it!!!

I had WI today. Stayed the same, not to disapointed because of the big losses the last 2 wks and I am PMSing big time. I feel 'spongy' (bloated).
    Getting out of work early woo woo!! Vacation starts in 45minutes!!
  • Quote: fam4me You look amazing!! Don't give up!!

fitandfabfrog This is a very emotioanl journey as well as a physical one. Even though we are heading towards better health and better bodies it's hard to get rid of old body image and emotions!!! This diet works! You can do it!!!

I had WI today. Stayed the same, not to disapointed because of the big losses the last 2 wks and I am PMSing big time. I feel 'spongy' (bloated).
    Getting out of work early woo woo!! Vacation starts in 45minutes!!
    Are we all at TOM this week?? Lots of dedication to TOM today on this board. lol I am on TOM too.
  • Quote: TNmom yesterday was talking about her Coke Zero addiction. Since that thread is locked thought I'd reply here.

Coke Zero contains aspartame and is a big No-No on IP. I'm not 100% certain but think I remember reading that it tricks the body into releasing insulin so can really screw things up.

I can't help with the caffine part of it but Cascade Ice is a 0/0/0 drink that is actually pretty good and was recommended by my clinic.

Oh trust me they told me it was a big no, its embarrassing how much of that crap I use to drink. My coach wanted to back me off of them. 1st week one a day (which I did no problem -still lost 9 lbs that week). This week #2 I was suppose to go to every other day and I find myself still getting one everyday . Gotta kick the habit!! I have a WI tomorrow and I am going to talk to her about it. I'm still drinking 2-3L of water in addition to a coke but I need to cut it out completely. I will have to look into the cascade ice. Thanks!
  • Quote: Oh trust me they told me it was a big no, its embarrassing how much of that crap I use to drink. My coach wanted to back me off of them. 1st week one a day (which I did no problem -still lost 9 lbs that week). This week #2 I was suppose to go to every other day and I find myself still getting one everyday . Gotta kick the habit!! I have a WI tomorrow and I am going to talk to her about it. I'm still drinking 2-3L of water in addition to a coke but I need to cut it out completely. I will have to look into the cascade ice. Thanks!
    Coke Zero is the nectar of the gods and, simultaneously, the spawn of the devil. I seriously loved that stuff. Of everything I no longer have, I miss soda the most. I'm off it now -- and wish you great success in getting off it completely. That said, you can do it! Go for it!
  • Hope everyone had a great day!

I know I did! I got two unsolicited "you're melting!" comments today
    I haven't missed but the opposite, suddenly got it again. I haven't had a TOM (due to PCOS and other issues) for the last year. Now I'm on week 3 of IP and suddenly....hello, there it is. I read earlier where someone said the estrogen is stored in the fat cells, could that be the reason why I'm suddenly getting it again? To be honest, I much more preferred not having it.
  • Quote: I haven't missed but the opposite, suddenly got it again. I haven't had a TOM (due to PCOS and other issues) for the last year. Now I'm on week 3 of IP and suddenly....hello, there it is. I read earlier where someone said the estrogen is stored in the fat cells, could that be the reason why I'm suddenly getting it again? To be honest, I much more preferred not having it.
    You should be excited...it means you're losing fat!!!