Dreaming about food

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Every night I am dreaming vivid detailed dreams about food. I have been on IP for two weeks. Will this eventually go away?
  • I keep having nightmares! Each time, it is me eating or drinking something without thinking and then being awash in regret. I am SO relieved when I finally realize it was a dream and that I am still OP.

If that's the worst of our problems, it is a good day, right?
  • I have had CRAZY dreams! Hubby said I was talking in my sleep one night. I very rarely ever do that. You know those kind of dreams you remember bits of the next day. Yup that's been like every night for me since I started on 2-28. Kind of entertaining :P
  • This definitely happened to me, especially early on! I once had a dream that I stayed at a hotel and went down the escalator. There were M&Ms everywhere (not even a food I crave!) like a river, and I grabbed a few and ate them before panicking and realizing what I'd done.

When I checked out of the hotel, there was a $15,000 charge for the M&Ms. Talk about the real cost of cheating on IP :-)
  • If only my subconscious could throw in a bit of Johnny Depp......

• Quote: If only my subconscious could throw in a bit of Johnny Depp......
    If only!! Yes, the dreams are vivid and scarily believable! I've been on IP just over 2 months and no more food dreams.
  • I wouldn't say that I have been dreaming at night about food...but I have definitely been DAY dreaming about food. I even daydream about food that I never craved before IP or food that I hadn't eaten in years!

My most recent craving/daydream: toast with lots of butter! Om om nom. When I get really hungry all I want is Moe's. Le sigh. I know I will eventually be able to have these foods again, but with a different mindset and CERTAINLY in moderation.
  • I quit smoking 2.5 years ago. For the first year, I would have dreams about sneaking cigarettes behind my family's backs... Going to the store and buying a pack, smoking it behind the store so no one knew...

Well.. I haven't had smoking dreams in over a year...

Food has taken the place of the cigarettes in my dreams. Mine are those OH NO! dreams... like being at a gathering, and eating from the buffet, and then realizing what I'd done because I'd been busy chatting while I ate, and then after I'm done eating I realize all the garbage I ate and being really, really upset.

I guess it's better than reaming about sneaking the food...right? Same guilt when I wake up though! LOL
  • Quote: I keep having nightmares! Each time, it is me eating or drinking something without thinking and then being awash in regret. I am SO relieved when I finally realize it was a dream and that I am still OP.

If that's the worst of our problems, it is a good day, right?
    I've had a few of these as well, weird huh?
  • I don't have dreams about food. I have dreams about having skinny sex.
  • It's your mind letting go of former bad habits/junk food. I had food dreams when I first was on IP and also the first week after I re-started. It will go away soon
  • I have dreams that I'm eating ice cream and I wake up SO ANGRY at myself until I realize it was a dream...

This week, though, I've 3 times had a dream that I was at work - working hard, kicking butt and taking names, handling all 845 different catastrophes that happen on a daily basis at work.... and then I wake up and go to work. It's awful, it's like going to work twice!!!
  • Quote: I wouldn't say that I have been dreaming at night about food...but I have definitely been DAY dreaming about food. I even daydream about food that I never craved before IP or food that I hadn't eaten in years!

My most recent craving/daydream: toast with lots of butter! Om om nom. When I get really hungry all I want is Moe's. Le sigh. I know I will eventually be able to have these foods again, but with a different mindset and CERTAINLY in moderation.
    Moe's yummy I live all the way in Alaska and I love Joey Bag of Donuts
  • I had one terrifying one last week ! It was Sooo real I dreamed I peeled a Banana and ate it! In my dream I was soo upset Cuz I went Off Program!!
    Then I woke up and realized it was only a Nightmare! BUT WAIT A FLIPPING BANANA !!! I COULDN'T DO A BETTER CHEAT THEN THAT IN A DREAM!!

Roo2
  • I used to dream a lot about sweets and it did go away after a month of being on IP. These dreams were so vivid that I was actually upset when I woke up because I thought I cheated! lol