Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #481  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!! ... just checking in to see what's been happening with all of you.

Sorry I've been absent so long...my life has been much more hectic since taking on the new job 2 months ago. My busier schedule has also played havoc with my eating and water to a certain extent... I definitely find I forget to drink enough water... and while I haven't done 'too badly' with the eating, I know I've succumbed to higher carb/sugar stress eating a few times.

Long story short... the scale is up about 3 lbs over where I really feel comfortable (imo my maintenance ceiling is 150lbs... I'm at 153)... so it's back to P1 for me starting Mon until I get back down below 150 again. Those lbs have attached themselves to my belly again... those few 'belly pudge' lbs were the last to go before I phased off, so I guess it makes sense that's where they came back.

Good to see here that all of you are doing well.

lisa32989 Your plan sounds like it should work... I do recall that i had to go temporarily to P3 for a week or so, then back to P1 in order to get my weight loss moving again towards the end of my original weight-loss phase here. I'll also be interested in hearing what your functional medicine Dr. has to say re adrenal fatique.

Cheers everyone - hope you all have a good weekend.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #482  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Interesting. Most MDs don't even acknowledge adrenal fatigue, because there aren't meds to treat it & they know very little about nutrition and lifestyle changes (although many pretend they know). I have started the process of getting an appointment with a functional medicine doctor who treats low thyroid with diet/lifestyle modifications. The paperwork is all complete and will be submitted on Monday.

You all know me well enough that I'm gonna do what I need to do. I just need to set a timeframe for the cycle. I have some planning to do. Plans relieve fears!
I know you will make the decision that is best for you, and whatever you do we support you. Sounds like you are taking your time and not making a leap so your going great. I agree on the planning relieving fears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi everyone!! ... just checking in to see what's been happening with all of you.

Sorry I've been absent so long...my life has been much more hectic since taking on the new job 2 months ago. My busier schedule has also played havoc with my eating and water to a certain extent... I definitely find I forget to drink enough water... and while I haven't done 'too badly' with the eating, I know I've succumbed to higher carb/sugar stress eating a few times.

Long story short... the scale is up about 3 lbs over where I really feel comfortable (imo my maintenance ceiling is 150lbs... I'm at 153)... so it's back to P1 for me starting Mon until I get back down below 150 again. Those lbs have attached themselves to my belly again... those few 'belly pudge' lbs were the last to go before I phased off, so I guess it makes sense that's where they came back.

Good to see here that all of you are doing well.

lisa32989 Your plan sounds like it should work... I do recall that i had to go temporarily to P3 for a week or so, then back to P1 in order to get my weight loss moving again towards the end of my original weight-loss phase here. I'll also be interested in hearing what your functional medicine Dr. has to say re adrenal fatique.

Cheers everyone - hope you all have a good weekend.
I was remembering the going to P3 for a bit then back. A few people I have head have done this. It sounds like it really does help when things are slowing down to a crawl. I just can't imagine two jobs, I feel so drained with the one. You are doing awesome! You've got me thinking now, my stomach is the place I'd really like to see melt more before I'm done... so it probably will be where gains will show up first too I'm thinking. *sigh* I guess that's more fuel for me to handle maintenance and nip gains in the bud, knowing this information.

The weather is overcast, cold enough to wear a coat for me still. I think my weed whacking day is postponed, as the grass is still very wet. It will be a good day to pull the little weeds coming up in the garden - so they don't have total control out there. I'm out of rhubarb. It's a two hour drive down and two back to get it from the folks. I guess I'll go to the farmer's market and see if I can score some today. I know where I can buy it frozen but it's pretty expensive.

I'm 3 lbs from goal. The black leather coat fits well, and it's very thin/cool so I'm wearing it around. The brown leather coat is still a bit snug. Another 5 to 10 lbs would be good. I'm thinking I can still do that during P2 and P3, and if not then there's the old fashioned way of just eating less calories and doing exercises in P4. The coat is for cooler weather (nice liner in it) so it will be worn in the fall most likely anyway.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #483  
6/26/12 start 355

If you are about Volume 11 coming up like me .... let us know! Hahaha post 483... almost there!

Last edited by Halfagain; 06-01-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #484  

Halfagain: Pics of the coats!
Old 06-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #485  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Halfagain: Pics of the coats!
Here you go!
Old 06-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #486  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Wow Halfagain. The coats are great! I just saw your (new?) signature pic for the first time. You look "half" again already.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #487  
Started IP 3/26/12

Love both coats Halfagain. And both look really good on you. You are looking fantastic gf!

As to the belly weight... it was partially why I stayed on P1 and made sure I got below my maintenance goal. I knew I wanted to allow a few lbs room for the 2-3 lbs of glycogen weight regain as I phased out, but I also still had more belly pudge than what I was happy with and it affected the way my slacks/jeans fitted. I've always put extra weight on around the middle part of my body - definitely an 'Apple' - and it was the last to leave me. That extra 3-5 lbs seemed to flatten my tummy area, and it made quite a difference. I guess that's why it frustrates me so much now to see those few lbs back there again. But they won't be there for long! A P1-P2 style eating plan for a few weeks will solve that problem.

This has been a learning experience, as it's proved to me that I'm very sensitive to sugar. I can see that this gain started when I allowed sugar back into my eating again. (Anyone remember my candied ginger slices binge a few weekends ago.... it seems like it started there). Ever since it's been more difficult to control my sugar cravings.

I've just ordered several books, and am looking forward to reading them in my spare(!) time: Potatoes Not Prozac, The Mood Cure; & Brain Over Binge.
I'm a fanatical reader anyway, and I'm hopeful that these will shed some light on the situation.

Last edited by evepet; 06-01-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #488  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

ok ladies....its that time again!!!!!!! a new vol....vol 11!! woot woot!!
you ladies are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm back from england...and since my 3 month gym membership expired while i was gone...i hope to get back on ip for awhile....and see if i can lose 25% more....as previously planned

love u ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #489  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
ok ladies....its that time again!!!!!!! a new vol....vol 11!! woot woot!!
you ladies are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm back from england...and since my 3 month gym membership expired while i was gone...i hope to get back on ip for awhile....and see if i can lose 25% more....as previously planned

love u ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Rainbow! You're back just in time for me to try a month of cycling thru the phases. I'll be back to P1 July 1
Old 06-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #490  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Love both coats Halfagain. And both look really good on you. You are looking fantastic gf!

DITTO!!!

This has been a learning experience, as it's proved to me that I'm very sensitive to sugar. I can see that this gain started when I allowed sugar back into my eating again. (Anyone remember my candied ginger slices binge a few weekends ago.... it seems like it started there). Ever since it's been more difficult to control my sugar cravings.

I expect this is going to be true for me...

I've just ordered several books, and am looking forward to reading them in my spare(!) time: Potatoes Not Prozac, The Mood Cure; & Brain Over Binge.
I'm a fanatical reader anyway, and I'm hopeful that these will shed some light on the situation.

Recently read 2 things some may be interested in:
"Syndrome X" by Jack Chellem, Berton Berkson MD and Melissa Diane Smith

And just Reread: "The Thyroid Diet" by Mary J Shomon. This all makes more sense to me now.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #491  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Recently read 2 things some may be interested in:
"Syndrome X" by Jack Chellem, Berton Berkson MD and Melissa Diane Smith

And just Reread: "The Thyroid Diet" by Mary J Shomon. This all makes more sense to me now.
Thx! I'll add those books to my 'must read' list. I love reading books like this - there is so much to learn - and understanding how all the pieces of the puzzle fit together re healthy eating certainly reinforces my good intentions.
Closed Thread