IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun March 9-10, 2013

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Sorry..busy...in between basketball games. Anyways, I had my second WI yesterday..I lost 3 more pounds. That's a total of 7.2 pounds in two weeks. I love this diet. But I will say...my cloths are feeling loser. I am for joy
  • Quote: Been OP for 6 days. Today was the first weigh in. Lost 4.2 pounds and 5 inches

Wooo-Hooooo! Looking good!
  • I soooo love reading all of the successes and by that I mean to all of you that have lost 10lbs through those of you that have huge weight loss and are now buying nice clothes with sparkles on them. Just love it

I am on the Ideal Protein diet, started 5 days ago. I, too, went from junky carbs and drinking diet coke ALL DAY LONG to eating healthy veggies, drinking all of the water required and having one cup of tea at around 3'ish for a pick up. I add a little spenda it.

Now that I have mentioned splenda, is it ok to have it as a sweetener in my tea once a day?

I do not have a coach and I purchased IP foods that a friend had left from hers which counts for about 11 days. I also ordered more from plainprotein.com this morning. I purchased all of the vitamins from Walmart, too.

I am so happy to have this board of others that are committed to weight loss. We rock!!
  • Wow ... What a week! I haven't had a chance to come close to keeping up with everything going on with everyone here. I've been out of town checking on our house under construction (we have a roof!) and visiting my 91 year old mom. Now I'm back to reality, packing and sorting items for charity/auction/yard sale/trash. It's all pretty intense right now.

This week I once again did a combination of P1 and P2 since we were eating out at restaurants a lot. I don't put much credence in scale readings immediately after flying since the flight can really mess with your weight. I'll do my normal WI on Wednesday and see where I am, but so far I'm exactly where I was when I left on Monday - and that's fine with me! I feel great and it was fun to see the faces of friends who haven't seen me since mid-December.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!
  • Quote: Congratulations!! That's what I'm looking forward to. I told my family that when I meet my goal....I'm going to get a cute pair of jeans with bling on the butt!! Good for you.....your success is awesome!!
    That's exactly what I am treating myself too when I reach goal-some Miss Me jeans with bling on the butt. ;-)
  • [QUOTE=TNmom;4661209] Good Morning!
    Hubby said we are taking our kids to see The Great and Powerful Oz tomorrow. I think he and I are more excited than the kids . I need to find a replacement 'snack' so I don't feel left out.

I was thinking dill pickle when we go. Oz is on my list too.

A couple of friends even turned up their noses and said that I was eating 'processed junk that can't be good for me'. Uhhhh what did you think I was eating to get to 214 lbs babydoll? I

LOL
  • It was a beautiful day here today! Sunny and temps in the high 50s...Come on, spring!! I went shopping for clothes this afternoon, and went to Lane Bryant because I had some money left on an old gift card. Last time I went and spent the first part of the gift card was to buy jeans last spring--size 24/26W. Today I was trying on and fitting into size 16 jeans!! Woo hoo! Soon I won't be able to shop at that store anymore, and that is OK with me! When I asked the saleslady a question about finding something specific, she offered to show me where it was and said, "What are you wearing...a 14 or 16?" So maybe I am almost a 14!

I am seriously thinking I need to start some strength training. The flab is a little scary! I won't go crazy, and I will add an extra non restricted packet. I am a little apprehensive about my losses slowing, but I have reached a point where I think I need to add some exercise. Plus, my dr. recommended that I exercise to lower my bad cholesterol and help with blood sugar management. If my losses slow, but I look and feel good with toning my muscles, that will be fine with me.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!
  • Quote: NSV....I went shopping last night and bought a pair of size 10 petite jeans! Cool ones with sparkly pockets on the back side! Something fashionable instead of just "fitable"! When I started I was a size 24W!
    YAY, that's awesome! Isn't that a great feeling? Looking at your stats, you and I started at almost the same weight. I can't wait until I fit into size 10, too!
  • Quote: Now that I have mentioned splenda, is it ok to have it as a sweetener in my tea once a day?
    My coach said that up to 4 pkts of Splenda is allowed a day.
  • wow
    Quote: NSV....I went shopping last night and bought a pair of size 10 petite jeans! Cool ones with sparkly pockets on the back side! Something fashionable instead of just "fitable"! When I started I was a size 24W!
    super great job:carrot :
  • Another good day on my neck of the woods. NSV - was able to spend the day on the family farm snowmobiling and visiting with the folks. They were as happy as I was with my surprise visit.

Non Victory (funny) moment however - on the way out (gotta remember it's very rural here) had to stop on the side of the road - do the math - what seems like gallons of water ingested before leaving + one hour on the road = having to pull over to answer the call of nature.

The problem was was I am standing on the side of the road no fewer than 5 cars go by and I have to pretend to be looking at the trailer with my snowmobile on it - while doing the pee pee dance and hoping no one stops. I'm pretty sure I would have wet my pants right in front of them if anyone did stop.

Other than that pretty excellent day - oh and when I got home sirloin steak and rutabaga fries were ready and waiting for me, got me a good DW.
  • Nom nom
    Okay peeps I'm looking over my sheets the coach gave me (im just in my 2nd week of IP) and it lists rutabaga under the select veggies. So I gave have this everyday if I want????
  • Quote: Okay peeps I'm looking over my sheets the coach gave me (im just in my 2nd week of IP) and it lists rutabaga under the select veggies. So I gave have this everyday if I want????
    That's been a hot topic before - Rutabaga is on the select veggies list but Swede is on the restricted veggie - they are two names for the same vegetable.

The consensus was to just listen to your body. If you have it frequently and don't notice it on the scale or feel gross, then your body is probably fine with the slightly higher carbs. But if you feel bloated after eating it, or notice slower weight loss or gains, you might be more sensitive to the carbs and need to treat it like a restricted veg.
  • Quote: That's been a hot topic before - Rutabaga is on the select veggies list but Swede is on the restricted veggie - they are two names for the same vegetable.

The consensus was to just listen to your body. If you have it frequently and don't notice it on the scale or feel gross, then your body is probably fine with the slightly higher carbs. But if you feel bloated after eating it, or notice slower weight loss or gains, you might be more sensitive to the carbs and need to treat it like a restricted veg.
    Thanks! Figured it was too good to be true. I just made some rutabaga fries tonight and it was delish! I need to make or find some low carb ketchup. I love sauce and have to 'dip' but dont want to derail my efforts. I will have to watch how my body responds to the rutabaga. I'm just so full of broccoli its coming out my ears.
  • Quote: Thanks! Figured it was too good to be true. I just made some rutabaga fries tonight and it was delish! I need to make or find some low carb ketchup. I love sauce and have to 'dip' but dont want to derail my efforts. I will have to watch how my body responds to the rutabaga. I'm just so full of broccoli its coming out my ears.
    I make my ketchup -- super easy. It started because I don't like my kids eating tons of store-bought stuff, and now I can use it myself. Note that the stevia in the recipe here is not the extract, so if you use stevia extract you need just a dash. I made some today and threw in some red pepper paste, so good.

Here's my recipe:
    http://www.unlimitedlettuce.com/2012/11/easy-homemade-sugar-free-ketchup.html