Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #16  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Congrats everyone on the losses!

Dealing with stress this last week has wrecked havoc on me. My weight is up...water retention, and uh...you know...not going.

Everything was settled with the car issue (full pay-off check in hand from insurance yesterday) so today, I'm feeling calm and ready to get back to watching what I'm doing. I haven't had enough water the last few days, I realized this morning when I feel bloated AND dehydrated.

Had my IP omelet this morning, my 1/2 cup coffee, and now I'm hitting the water and Smooth Move, and I should be fine by bedtime tonight!

I hope everyone has a great day. I'm relaxing today!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
I read thru the alternative threads and took notes. I ended up ordering from Nashuanutrition.com and the blueberry pancake I had this morning was a wonderful change!! Also, the peanut butter crunch by health smart is to die for!!
Thanks! That's just what I did, but I haven't ordered yet. Is the health smart peanut butter crunch similar to the IP one?
Old 03-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #18  
IP diet initiation 3/4/13

S/C/G: 203.4/196/160-size 10

Height: 5'10"

Quick question, I read earlier that sugar-free gum is a no-no. If not, then why can we have splenda, stevia, sweet n lo, etc.?
Old 03-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
101 Pounds Gone Forever !!!!!!!!!!
YAY!!! I'm sooo happy for you. Sounds like you successfully jumped back on the IP bandwagon after your cruise!!!

Can't wait until I get there too
Old 03-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #20  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
I haven't had enough water the last few days, I realized this morning when I feel bloated AND dehydrated.
It seems completely unfair to be BOTH bloated AND dehydrated, bummer! Bottoms up!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #21  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
IDK if you like hummus but I made a batch of cauliflower hummus on Sunday and it's really good! You can eat it with celery or crisps.
I feel completely out of style when I say, I do not like hummus in the least. Wish I did, because it is good for you. Thanks, though.

Now, fried rice . . . now we're talkin'!!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #22  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I feel completely out of style when I say, I do not like hummus in the least. Wish I did, because it is good for you. Thanks, though.

Now, fried rice . . . now we're talkin'!!
Try the cauliflower fried rice...it's really good too! The hummus is a great option for me cause it doesn't have to be warmed up so I can eat it on the run if I need to.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #23  
Started IP 2/13/13

I keep working on this jicama-as-fried-apples concept. It tastes pretty good, but I can't get the jicama to soften up much for nothin'! I made a double batch yesterday, so I am about to go try the leftovers cold for lunch.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #24  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Try the cauliflower fried rice...it's really good too! The hummus is a great option for me cause it doesn't have to be warmed up so I can eat it on the run if I need to.
I have yet to buy soy sauce, because I always thought it was no OP. I look for that soya sauce stuff, but I can never find it. Are you all using common soy sauce in this recipe?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Thanks! That's just what I did, but I haven't ordered yet. Is the health smart peanut butter crunch similar to the IP one?
It is exactly the same.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I have yet to buy soy sauce, because I always thought it was no OP. I look for that soya sauce stuff, but I can never find it. Are you all using common soy sauce in this recipe?

I use Kikoman Original soy sauce!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #27  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by funstaffordmom View Post
Quick question, I read earlier that sugar-free gum is a no-no. If not, then why can we have splenda, stevia, sweet n lo, etc.?
Stevia and Splenda are okay, in moderation, on the diet. No Sweet n Low or Equal or Sugar Twin, etc. Supposed to completely avoid aspartame.

I still have a piece of gum now and then...Trident. Which has aspartame. There are xylotol sweetened gums that are supposed to be better for you, but I don't chew enough gum to go search for it.

My coach said that we were allowed equivalent to 4 packets of Splenda a day. They did talk about gum, and it was something like one piece a day.

Quote:
I keep working on this jicama-as-fried-apples concept. It tastes pretty good, but I can't get the jicama to soften up much for nothin'! I made a double batch yesterday, so I am about to go try the leftovers cold for lunch.
I have yet to try this, but I read a recipe that said to slice the jicama, then layer it in a Tupperware and freeze it solid, then thaw it. It's supposed to be softer if you do that, and then you can use it like baked/fried apples.

Quote:
I use the low sodium variety of Great Value (Walmart) brand. I like the soya flavor without the even more added salt. And the Walmart brand is quite a bit cheaper than the Kikkoman low sodium and to me tastes the same. You find it in either the Asian area of the grocery store, or in the pickle/vinegar/salad dressing aisle. Different in different places.

Last edited by leannekarella; 03-07-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #28  

Quote:
I use Bragg's Aminos
Old 03-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #29  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
101 Pounds Gone Forever !!!!!!!!!!
Congrats!!!!! That's awesome!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Offically WI for the week was done this morning - another -2 pounds for a grand total of -20 pounds for the week. Extremely happy with the results thus far.

Wifey has her WI this afternoon with her coach. She has been losing more inches than poundage in the last three weeks - still continues to look good in all regards.

Other than that it's work as usual and one step closer to the weekend. Have a great day everyone.
Way to go!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by funstaffordmom View Post
I use Spry gum. It's sweetened with xylitol, and is the only gum my coach recommends. I found it on Amazon, and at Wild Oats, a health food store. It's not bad. Doesn't last as long as some, but fixes my gum addiction.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 227/189/150

Height: 5"4

Yesterday I saw a friend that I hadn't seen since starting IP and had no idea I had been dieting. He looked at me and said wow you don't even lookalike the same person! 35 lbs gone forever!
Closed Thread