Old 07-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Talking Any ideas for helping make WF peanut spread edible?

These wf foods, some are so gross...the marshmallow and chocolate dip hit the trash, but the carmel syrup is great in coffee esp with little vanilla proten shake.

I want to make the peanut spread work, but it's pretty lame right out of the jar. Any ideas to make it better?

I thought of adding splenda or the xylitol and some cinnamon.

thanks!
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 132.5/116.2/120

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you. I haven't bought it yet because I heard it was awful. Hope to get answers for that question too!
Susank2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #3  
Started IP 07/05/2011

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 5"

Sorry I don't have suggestions either but I totally understand your situation.

Any answers to your question would be fantastic. I bought some of the walden farms stuff and I find it completely inedible...the salad dressings I got were horrible...I'd rather eat plain lettuce. I'm really trying to find some variety of additional flavours for the IP program...
CuteNcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

I remember once someone on the threads suggested putting the peanut butter in with the vanilla pudding shake. I haven't tried it... but it sounded interesting. And I also think someone once talked about a sort of peanut butter, chocolate syrup creation... You could experiment with that.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #5  
I know I can

Princess J is right. There is a recipe on here for Peanut Butter balls with WF caramel inside and then they are rolled in the WF chocolate and refrigerated. I think this is right.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

I put it in the choc drink with a couple ice cubes for a choc/pb shake. Was pretty good..
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #7  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Thanks so much. I think I will try the peanut butter spread in the pudding, that sort of sounds worth a try. The balls sound good too, but since it's all WF stuff, I don't think it will be good...the WF stuff needs some jazzing.

Except the Thousand Island dresssing...I actually LIKE that one, sometimes I add fresh oregano to it, and it's nice, too.

I tried the carmel syrup in coffee, that was nice.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #8  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Height: 5'0"

I really like the WF Peanut Spread mixed in with the chocolate IP pudding. NOt only do I get an even larger desert by the pudding being bulked up, but it really is very tasty!!!
Slow Weave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #9  

Height: 5'0"

After buy a ton of WF products, I gave up on them. I just threw some salad dressing in the trash this morning too. I can't get past the sweet chemically taste. I think the only one that worked for me was the caramel sauce that I used for making shakes.
shelly ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 247/185/150

Height: 5'3"

I have found that most of the WF items are too Sweet, by themselves. I do like the dijon mustard dressing on salads. I really like the thick BBQ sauce. I filled crepes with the apple butter and marshmallow and top it with cinnamon. I add the Choc dip to my choc pancakes-choc muffin. Add the strawberry jelly to the choc shake (must use the a blender). I have mixed the marshmallow and choc dip and stuck it in the freezer for 5 min....not too bad for 0/0/0.
The Ketcup is gross so I added alot of spices and made it into BBQ sauce - for spicy mini-meatballs ( which I took to a party to share with everyone and everyone said how good they where). The ceasar dressing needs alot of help with spices-hot sauce... got thru the bottle and never buying that again.
I was raised to not throw stuff away... so I've been trying different recipes with the products to make them better.
auntdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #11  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I hate throwing things away too, but in the WF department, I made a huge exception. Not buying anymore of that junk, no matter how great a review it gets. I've just come to the mindset that if I'm truly missing something, WF is not going to replace it. I'm over it. If the taste doesn't steer you away, look at the ingredients... What exactly is that stuff in the bottle? The chocolate sauce and the BBQ sauce I bought tasted like the same thing. That should never happen, lol!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #12  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

I use the peanut butter spread quite often as a peanut satay. I add crushed red chilies a little soy sauce and a little splenda and for a little extra peanut butter taste I add sf davinci peanut butter syrup. I have used it on celery by adding a little syrup and whip it and it seems to taste much better. I use the satay sauce in stir fries and stuff. My fave is the peanut butter thai pizza that I added to the recipes link.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntdee View Post
I do like the dijon mustard dressing on salads.
After trying several this is the only flavor I like too.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:57 PM   #14  

Afraid all WF products are out for me. Had a bad run in with the spread, marshmallow dip, and ranch dressing right off the bat.
beepure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #15  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

I second the peanut satay sauce...I make that all the time...I sometimes use it on a bowl of lettuce for a snack. I think all of the WF products are best used as ingredients...not by themselves. I jazzed up the honey mustard dressing with more mustard to dip chicken, with cilantro pesto on lettuce. I used the alfredo sauce as a base for an alfredo-like dish; nothing will replace alfredo but it turned out good for what it was (DH liked it and he's not on IP). I never throw anything away, it can all be modified by adding fresh ingredients.
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote