Starting the ideal Protein Diet tomorrow!

• I'm excited about starting the diet and my goal is to get down to 158 lbs by May 26. I am now at 178.

A friend of mine was on this diet and when she became pregnant she stopped and had 11 days worth of the meals and drinks left so I bought them from her. The thing is, I will not be able to buy the Natura vitamins but will try to get another brand that has similar properties. This should be ok, right?

Another question, how would I be able to purchase more of the meals and drinks if I am not signed up with anyone? Can anyone suggest a website?

Any tips or information that anyone would like to share would be greatly appreciated...wish me luck!
  • Ideal protein? How about these:

* chicken
    * turkey
    * beef
    * fish
    * shellfish
    * eggs
    * cottage cheese
    * plain greek yogurt
    * whey protein powder

others?

* lamb
    * tofu
    * pork
    * beans
    * lentils
    * quinoa
    * nuts and seeds

If you are worried about portion sizing, read up on how to count calories. Go to the store, buy a small electronic food scale and some measuring cups. Weigh/measure your food raw (pre-cooked). Good luck.
  • FYI - I moved this thread to the Ideal Protein section
  • Quote: I'm excited about starting the diet and my goal is to get down to 158 lbs by May 26. I am now at 178.

A friend of mine was on this diet and when she became pregnant she stopped and had 11 days worth of the meals and drinks left so I bought them from her. The thing is, I will not be able to buy the Natura vitamins but will try to get another brand that has similar properties. This should be ok, right?

Another question, how would I be able to purchase more of the meals and drinks if I am not signed up with anyone? Can anyone suggest a website?

Any tips or information that anyone would like to share would be greatly appreciated...wish me luck!
    You can purchase all of the ideal protein products (including the vitamins) at www.plainprotein.com - particularly with the vitamins, if you are following IP protocol you really need to use their vitamins - they are formulated to work with the nutritional gaps that are specific to IP. They are also made using forms of the nutrients that are easiest for your body to absorb while on this kind of diet.

I have ordered from that site since my 2nd month on IP and they are wonderful.

best tip I can offer is READ READ READ this forum. visit the newbie sticky thread at the top of the forum, all of the Ideal protein protocol sheets are in there. Read the Daily thread every day - get to know the people here and learn from our journeys. I only had an IP coach for the first 8 weeks of being on the program, I did the last 21 weeks on my own, followed the phase-off protocol and have officially entered the maintenance phase. it can be done, but you need to use the resources here to their fullest.

good luck!
  • thank you all for chiming in.

Day 1 went by pretty well. What is really sup rising is that I did not have withdrawals from no diet coke. I usually drink this all day and had none yesterday. I did have my cup of coffee that is allowed for breakfast at 2pm. I was a little hungry but not too bad.