3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   15-20 lbs (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276918-15-20-lbs.html)

freebird4 03-04-2013 09:07 AM

15-20 lbs

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who started IP as a way to lose the last 19 pounds of a long term diet? I have been losing weight for 6 months now through excersise and counting calories but came to a hault when I had around 20 left, so i started this program. Does it take more time when you have less to lose? Im 144 lbs and on my 4th day, im hoping to make it down to 125!

LexiChanel1 03-04-2013 09:26 AM

Hi freebird,

I started at 142 on January 2nd. It took me 7-8 weeks to get to 125. I was really really strict with following the diet because I had a special event to prepare for:) I think the rate you will lose the weight will depend on allot of things including your age, and activity level, and your hormones play a huge part. I am writing from my own experience, you might lose it much quicker. Whats the timeframe you are looking at? Do you want to lose the weight for a specific event or date? I wouldnt rush it:)

Cheekyskeeter 03-04-2013 09:29 AM

I started IP with 32 lbs I wanted to lose. I had already lost about 17 lbs prior to starting (slowly). Through reading on this site it does seem that the less you have to lose that it may be a bit slower. I only have about 10 left to go and still averaging about 2.5 lbs per week since the first week.

DontGiveUp17 03-04-2013 09:30 AM

Welcome freebird4! I started this diet about 6 weeks ago and lost 12lbs and way more inches! I began this journey stuck at a plateau for over a year and depending on how I feel and look, have about 20 to 30 pounds to lose (or right now maybe only 10 to 15). Actually, my hubby keeps telling me to stop now. So yes, this change of life works very well! I am still amazed at my results! Since you don't have much to lose, you won't see as big of numbers as some others experience in the beginning but you will loss and any lose is awesome!! Good Luck to you and Way to Geaux on getting to day 4 already!! The first days are the hardest!

IPRound2 03-04-2013 10:00 AM

Freebird - I struggle with the last of my weight and have tried to do IP many times. I think mine is self imposed stress of only wanting to do this for a set time and then I get discouraged when its not the weight I want to see on the scale. I have changed my mindset over time as I have been losing inches. I had a rough week last week and was not OP at all. So back on track this morning and have decided to have my hubby hide the scale until the end of April. Then I will make the decision of whether to continue or to phase off. I find that the more I think about the weight, the less it wants to come off. Best of Luck to you, you've made it thru the first week.

freebird4 03-05-2013 09:35 AM

Thanks everyone! This fourm is awesome for answering my million questions, I appericate everyones help! Day 5 going strong and totally losing, feeling fantastic!

LexiChanel1 03-05-2013 11:13 AM

Hi freebird. Did u just have a baby? If yes. Congrats