Help! What to do in a pinch

• Hi there. I went to go weigh in today and buy food for next week and the clinic I go to was not open. Super annoying for two reasons: 1. I had an appointment and 2. this was my FIRST weigh in since starting.

Now, Im out of food since this was my first week and I dont have a stockpile ........any ideas on what I can buy in the store to use in a pinch?

Liz
  • Walmart and sometimes Costco have EAS ready to drink shakes. I believe it is the carb advantage. Others are talking about Quest bars. You may want to pop into the Alternatives thread to get other ideas. They talk about ordering online but also some available locally: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
    It will be ok, there are good options out there. I am sorry you have to stress about this on your first weigh in! I am sure it was great too!
  • Looks like only some of the quest bars work: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ternative.html
  • Thanks so much! I swear stuff like this always happens to me. Trying not to let it get me discouraged. I do think I had a good weigh in today too! By my scale 9 pounds. Whoop Whoop!!
  • Quote: Looks like only some of the quest bars work: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ternative.html
    They work as a restricted. You really have to know your numbers to use them as non-restricted.

GNC also has Syntrax Nectar, another great non-restricted alternative.
    Target also has the EAS Carb Control drinks.

Lizard107: I'm really sorry this happened to you so early in your program! I hope they call you with a reschedule ASAP. You can still make this work!
  • That's pretty bad that they made you an appointment on a day they are not open. My2 already gave you good advice though! Don't get too stressed, plenty of people do alternatives for good and lose the same amount of weight. At least this week will be a cheaper week for you & grats on your loss! There's a few other bars you can find in most grocery stores that work too. I don't remember what they are called but I know they are talked about in the alternatives thread.
  • Quote: Thanks so much! I swear stuff like this always happens to me. Trying not to let it get me discouraged. I do think I had a good weigh in today too! By my scale 9 pounds. Whoop Whoop!!
    That is awesome!!! 9 lbs Congrats!
  • That is so annoying to happen!
    Costco has Detour bars as well as Perier Nutrition ready to drink shakes. Detour bars are esistricted but not as high carb as most of the bars available in stores.

Try to get in for an appointment as soon as possible when they open. You are on a roll and you don't want to lose momentum.
  • Wal Mart also carries EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shakes and Pure Protein shakes - both of those varieties are comparable to the IP shakes. I have picked up a 4pack MANY times of both of these!
  • Quote: Than is so annoying to happen!
    Costco has Detour bars as well as Perier Nutrition ready to drink shakes.
    Pat is correct. Costco has Premier RTD (ready to drink) chocolate or vanilla. They have 30 grams of protein. They are about $25 for 18 of them. I think the chocolate is great and the vanilla is alright, but a little too "strong and fake" tasting for me.

I hope your clinic gives you a huge apology. When is your clinic open next? If it's not until Monday, you might see if there are other IP clinics in the area and explain your situation. They should allow you to come in and purchase products from them to get you through. When you do get in to see your clinic and if you can afford it - purchase some extra packets. This comes in handy when you are getting low on your packets and what you have left doesn't sound very good at the moment.

WELCOME!