Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheech View Post
Thank you!! Those are great ideas. I am going to use them. If she gets offended in some way.. I'll just let my husband deal with it. lol
That's definitely my motto!!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 232.2/ticker/132

Height: 5"4"

Smile

[QUOTE=lisa32989;4651365]You got a great answer re: sadness. Another thing to consider is the just overall withdrawal from food behaviors. We don't have food to run to anymore. You'll feel better, I promise!

Now, re: RTDs
Ugh! Another coach trying to "tweak" a program that needs no tweaking! I wish they'd learn this causes frustration, uncertainty, and makes people feel like they're doing something wrong when they are not!

You are doing the plan exactly right! You can have 2 non-restricteds and 1 restricted every day. If the 2 non-restricteds are ready-to-drinks then you are 100% on plan! Drink away my dear! And eat your restricteds. If the plan wanted you to only have them a few times per week, it would be written that way.

Remember, the people who wrote the actual plan know WAY MORE than your coach, who has had some training from either the company or from another person (coach/rep).

You can even have that HB egg AND all your protein, if you want. Many people have 2 egg whites (that's a 0/0/0, where the whole egg has some fat)

I often have my snack in the late afternoon, rather than after dinner. I'm a teacher and an after-school snack has been part of my life for (omg...) 45 years! (since kindergarten...I'll be 50 next Mon). If I do that and I STILL need something in the evening, (which is rare) I grab a collagen packet (rasp jello or blue/cran/pom drink) as an extra for the day.

Eat all your foods (restricteds too) and I bet you'll feel better. Some of us here have found we lose BETTER when restricteds are included (same with making ultra-sure the oil is added to food every day)!

Keep up the good work! A 1.8 loss is better than the alternative (0 loss or a gain!). The scale is headed in the direction you want it to head!

edit: I just noticed your WIs in your sig. Do I see a sad face associated with a 7" loss? Please tell me that's not what I see! We celebrate ALL losses on this board, knowing that the first week or 2 will always be bigger than later, as we settle in to the "real work" of losing weight over the long term.

Thank you so much for the great advice....and yes, that was very frustrating to me. I looked up the fat and yes it is more, but the powder drinks have twice the carbs. I prefer the Pre-mades as I like them better!

and yes, that was a sad face as I am sad and I feel I should be happy...I am tracking my moods and althought I am down down down, I am sad/maybe overwhelmed today. My coach moves me in and out so quick and said I am trying to be "too perfect". I am analytical by nature, so I want to understand the diet also. I am going to get Dr. Tran's book - that sounds very informative.

Thanks again for the virtual hug, I needed it
Old 03-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousatfifty View Post

Thanks again for the virtual hug, I needed it
One from me

And one from "us"

I promise the blue mood will pass. Do something extra special for yourself.
  • A bubble bath
  • A nap (or five)
  • curl up with a good book
  • get a massage or a pedicure
  • Get a new herbal tea
  • Make a new IP recipe
These are things that make me feel better. If not those, make YOUR list!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #49  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post

Um...yeah! If no one else has already claimed them, PM me! I am not sure what a reasonable offer is, but anything you think is reasonable and is below retail price sounds good to me.
I'm not sure what a reasonable offer is either. Let me check around and I'll also throw in the shipping. I'll PM you in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hey! Where were you in Dec? Ebay is a hassle!
I got my set for a reasonable price but would have loved to keep the $ in the "family".
Just razzin' you. I know it will find a good home. Mine is being used a lot more in Feb than it was in Jan. In March my goal is no more than 5 empty spaces on the calendar....and 4 of them I'll be out-of-town!

My coach had to order me one. She now has 3-4 on a table in the clinic
Know what you mean about keeping it in the family, and also re: Ebay being a hassle!! I've been trying to avoid it as much as possible. We're using a private auction house for a lot of stuff, and doing a big yard sale for the rest that isn't going to charity. Ebay will be for only a few items.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #50  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Happy to share! I actually post all of my recipes on a blog: www.unlimitedlettuce.com.

The cauliflower hummus recipe is up there, and I'm working out the meatballs tonite. I want to perfect a sauce without tomatoes (red pepper only) because I try to avoid the restricteds.

Let me know if you like any of the recipes!!
Have you checked out LizRR's Red pepper puree "marinara" in the Fun With Veggie Purees thread? I use that one often to make zucchini lasagna, it's delish!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #51  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You got a great answer re: sadness. Another thing to consider is the just overall withdrawal from food behaviors. We don't have food to run to anymore. You'll feel better, I promise!

Now, re: RTDs
Ugh! Another coach trying to "tweak" a program that needs no tweaking! I wish they'd learn this causes frustration, uncertainty, and makes people feel like they're doing something wrong when they are not!

You are doing the plan exactly right! You can have 2 non-restricteds and 1 restricted every day. If the 2 non-restricteds are ready-to-drinks then you are 100% on plan! Drink away my dear! And eat your restricteds. If the plan wanted you to only have them a few times per week, it would be written that way.

Remember, the people who wrote the actual plan know WAY MORE than your coach, who has had some training from either the company or from another person (coach/rep).

You can even have that HB egg AND all your protein, if you want. Many people have 2 egg whites (that's a 0/0/0, where the whole egg has some fat)

I often have my snack in the late afternoon, rather than after dinner. I'm a teacher and an after-school snack has been part of my life for (omg...) 45 years! (since kindergarten...I'll be 50 next Mon). If I do that and I STILL need something in the evening, (which is rare) I grab a collagen packet (rasp jello or blue/cran/pom drink) as an extra for the day.

Eat all your foods (restricteds too) and I bet you'll feel better. Some of us here have found we lose BETTER when restricteds are included (same with making ultra-sure the oil is added to food every day)!

Keep up the good work! A 1.8 loss is better than the alternative (0 loss or a gain!). The scale is headed in the direction you want it to head!

edit: I just noticed your WIs in your sig. Do I see a sad face associated with a 7" loss? Please tell me that's not what I see! We celebrate ALL losses on this board, knowing that the first week or 2 will always be bigger than later, as we settle in to the "real work" of losing weight over the long term.

LOVED THIS!! Well done Lisa!!

TGIF!! Happy weekend everyone!!
The scale has been S-L-O-W over this past month....I've been averaging around 1.3 lbs per week. Bummer! It's coming off so much slower this time around (I think my body is on to me lol)! Oh well....I feel great, that's all that matters!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #52  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildviolets View Post
Lisa, where did you get Dr. Tran's new book? I didn't see anything on the website nor Amazon.
THanks!
Denise
I got my copy online through a link that IPDivaJen posted a few months ago. Sorry, but I can't find or remember it though. But if you send her a PM I'm sure she'll respond. She's got her own progress thread on here today with her before & after pics showing her fantastic progress over the past year- it's called "One Year Ago Today". Check that thread, click on her forum name and you'll find the link to PM her.

Last edited by evepet; 03-01-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #53  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheech View Post
It's very true... She has no clue how to cook without carbs. She's obsessed with smothering food in bread crumbs then frying it. That's a very god idea actually. maybe just make my own food. at least I'll be sitting at the dinner table with the fam. She does want to cook for me. But every time she tries, she fails.
Would it be wrong to write her a list? lol
My suggestion would be to offer to cook with her for Sunday dinner. If she is agreeable, it would give you time together and she could actually see you making the dishes you eat.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #54  

Height: 5'6"

day 2 in the books! Its a little victory for me considering I stress eat and was placed in a new position at work so I had to speak in front of about 30 new grads all day long teaching a orientation class. I HATE public speaking. I am finding foods that I really like and some that I cant stand. I was a little bummed when I did not like the chicken soup mix. I usually don't like broccoli and cheese soup but I added a cup of fresh broccoli to it and LOVED it. Funny how it works out that way. I hope the chicken noodle is better. So today I had a peanut crunch bar for bfast (I was running late) and it was reaaaally good. I even like it better than the caramel nut bar. For lunch I choked the chicken soup down (I also added broccoli). I had a cup of cucumbers to munch on. Supper was chicken and a huge salad. I was quite upset when I finally found some WF but DID NOT like them . I have only tried the ranch and the sesame dressing. So tonight I made my own dressing which helps to get in my oil. After dinner I had a cup of joe with some yummy torani sugar free 0-0-0 hazelnut syrup and splenda. Feeling FULL. I have choc pudding in freezer for my late snack. All in all a good day. I did notice the headaches and my quads feel sore but not cramping.... just like I worked out or something. That's the only thing that worries me. That doesn't mean anything associated with muscle loss does it??

***I do have one question for the veterans of the plan** I really didn't understand the compulsory addition column on my paperwork concerning the seasalt...... my question is - is it 1/2 tsp of the sea salt for the entire day split between the 2 afternoon meals?

Gotta keep this ball rolling! I can't wait for my 1st weigh in (I just hate that it is at 0730 at night .
Old 03-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #55  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

TNmom- I get leg cramps if I forget my pottasium calcium supplement.

I actually don't measure the salt anymore, I just make sure to use some with each meal.

I agree with the WF dressings. There are only 2 I use, italian & thousand island. The thousand island I only use on a big mac salad, it is not good on a plain salad. The WF pancake and fruit syrups are really good.

The packets are trial and error in the beginning, but your tastes may change so make sure to try them again after several weeks on plan.

Great job with your first 2 days!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
My suggestion would be to offer to cook with her for Sunday dinner. If she is agreeable, it would give you time together and she could actually see you making the dishes you eat.
Thats an awesome Idea!! thank you. I will totally try that!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #57  

Happy Friday all... new to IP, started on Monday and made it through first work week. Headaches first few days, but mostly gone now. WI on Tuesday. Happy to say I am now down to 1/4 of the insulin I was taking on Sun.

Have a beautiful weekend!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #58  

Thanks Ragdoll: I am making sure to pack my supplements in my lunch box to get them all in. I saw some WF choc dip at one of the stores.... that sounds pretty good spread on a pancake . I wish I could find the thousand island. I would love to try big mac in a bowl. need to get some recipes down so I do not feel like I'm eating the same thing.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #59  

Oh on a completely different topic...... yesterday at work, one of the administrative assistants came by our little cubical and gave me 2 box tickets to PINK . So date night is tomorrow!!! I guess that also means I will have my 1st temptation at dinner. Can't wait...... for the concert that is.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 222/192/165

Height: 5'9"

Love this forum!
Day 1 for me and feeling pretty nice, I had a slight headache/dizziness this afternoon that went away after I remembered to drink, drink, drink my water. So I thought I would post all that I consumed today and let you seasoned losers let me know if I am on the right track. Thanks for all your help and openness on this journey that I am embarking on with all of you. I hope I have all the success that you all seem to be having on Ideal Protein.

RTD Chocolate
Earl Grey Tea with 2 splendas and 1TBS 2% milk
2c. steamed veggies (from a restaurant ) with salt and pepper
Earl Grey tea with 1 splenda
RTD Strawberry Banana
Earl Grey with 3 splenda and 1TBS 2% milk
Roastbeef cooked in the oven
2c. Celery- cooked with the meat
RTD Chocolate

And lots of water!
Closed Thread