Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheech View Post
It's very true... She has no clue how to cook without carbs. She's obsessed with smothering food in bread crumbs then frying it. That's a very god idea actually. maybe just make my own food. at least I'll be sitting at the dinner table with the fam. She does want to cook for me. But every time she tries, she fails.
Would it be wrong to write her a list? lol

(
We have had several similar situations, both with my own mom and my husbands. With my husband's family, we bring our own food but we bring enough to share. So, I might make grilled fish and roasted cauliflower with a big salad, bring a large amount so that it's not just for us but can add to the table.

There have been other times when I just brought our food and we ate it while everyone else ate theirs, but the bring for all model seemed to make my MIL happier because then it still feels like a family meal.

At my own mother's house, I do the cooking and tell my mom the ingredients to have on hand. Then we are still together in the kitchen but I'm in charge and know that everything is edible for us. For the most part, the meal for all is OP even though it's just me and hubby that are actually on IP.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 232.2/ticker/132

Height: 5"4"

Default Why am I sad?

Hello Ipeeps (I stole that from someone but think it is so cute!)

I had WI today and down 1.8. So why am I sad? I did the plan perfect this week, but found out I was drinking too many of the pre-mad shakes. They are much higher in fat than the powder shakes. My coach said that I should only have one every other day - makes sense, they were just so yummy, filling and convenient. Anyone else have this happen?

Also, I have been trying to not have restricted foods, does that make much of a difference if you stick to just one a day?

I am goign to integrate a hard boiled egg in the morning and reduce my protein in the evening. Waiting to eat my protein until the family dinner at 6-6:30 has been very hard!

Just playing with how my body is reacting to the choices of the IP food I am making. Would LOVE your feedback!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Happy to share! I actually post all of my recipes on a blog: www.unlimitedlettuce.com.

The cauliflower hummus recipe is up there, and I'm working out the meatballs tonite. I want to perfect a sauce without tomatoes (red pepper only) because I try to avoid the restricteds.

Let me know if you like any of the recipes!!
Thank you for your blog!! I am excited to try some of your recipes on here!! I'm always looking for something different, but since I'm not a cook at heart, your step by step directions are PERFECT!!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #34  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheech View Post
And my husband and I are moving in his parents basement until at least November, while our new house is being built. We are Italian. And my worst struggle with IP is, that everytime my husband's mother cooks, (God love her) it's never anything I can eat.
It sounds like this is not a good living situation for you. Perhaps you should consider renting an apartment insead?

I tried another Quest bar today and am really enjoying it. I like the 100% natural line and the concept behind it. Thanks to everyone here who tipped me off to them.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
We have had several similar situations, both with my own mom and my husbands. With my husband's family, we bring our own food but we bring enough to share. So, I might make grilled fish and roasted cauliflower with a big salad, bring a large amount so that it's not just for us but can add to the table.

There have been other times when I just brought our food and we ate it while everyone else ate theirs, but the bring for all model seemed to make my MIL happier because then it still feels like a family meal.

At my own mother's house, I do the cooking and tell my mom the ingredients to have on hand. Then we are still together in the kitchen but I'm in charge and know that everything is edible for us. For the most part, the meal for all is OP even though it's just me and hubby that are actually on IP.
Thank you!! Those are great ideas. I am going to use them. If she gets offended in some way.. I'll just let my husband deal with it. lol
Old 03-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #36  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousatfifty View Post
Hello Ipeeps (I stole that from someone but think it is so cute!)

I had WI today and down 1.8. So why am I sad? I did the plan perfect this week, but found out I was drinking too many of the pre-mad shakes. They are much higher in fat than the powder shakes. My coach said that I should only have one every other day - makes sense, they were just so yummy, filling and convenient. Anyone else have this happen?

Also, I have been trying to not have restricted foods, does that make much of a difference if you stick to just one a day?

I am goign to integrate a hard boiled egg in the morning and reduce my protein in the evening. Waiting to eat my protein until the family dinner at 6-6:30 has been very hard!

Just playing with how my body is reacting to the choices of the IP food I am making. Would LOVE your feedback!

Your feeling sad because of the estrogen that is being released into your blood stream. Fat cells carry estrogen so as you lose weight the estrogen goes into your blood stream and wreaks havoc with your hormonal levels. I went through this also. It did go away after about three weeks. In addition to that carbs actually help the production of one of the happy chemicals in our brain ( seratonin maybe?) so its a double wammy.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #37  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
Ooh that sounds so yummy, care to share your recipes or a link if they are somewhere I have missed?

As for me, feel sort of blah at the moment, was running a slight fever all night and the scale isn't budging again. Realize I haven't had a bowel movement in a few days at least. I saw someone mention Metamucil is that allowed OP? Or other ideas? I am getting my 4 cups of veggies in each day. I get at least 64 ounces of water each day, normally average 100.

Thanks Peeps and have a wonderful weekend!
Drink smooth move tea...its op and it works
Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #38  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbarot View Post
Let me unveil my first WI numbers...4.2 lbs and 3 inches.....yeah....I am so happy. I feel great!!! I don't feel hungry. I'm beyond the headaches....I'm ecstatic <3
Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
(BTW, anyone in the market for a very lightly used Wii and Wii Fit? I'm willing to take a reasonable offer to avoid the whole Ebay hassle. They're in the original boxes and are like new. I just don't use them anymore.)
Um...yeah! If no one else has already claimed them, PM me! I am not sure what a reasonable offer is, but anything you think is reasonable and is below retail price sounds good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
I came in down 2.0 lbs today...WITH my cast! So I'm hopefull that I will be into the 140's by next week! And I was able to add another dancin' monkey since i reached the 35 lbs lost mark!! YAY!!!
Awesome!

Quote:
I drink 2-3 RTDs per day. I have had no problems with that, and the fat is plenty low. 1.8 is a great loss -- nothing to beat yourself up about. If your losses actually stall, then sure, mix things up. But I would not worry about nixing the RTDs. They're fine.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #39  

WI today and I'm down another 3 pounds and 2.5 inches ... that's 19 pounds and 12 inches in 3 weeks. I honestly never would have believed IP works unless I tried it myself .. I'm amazed ...
Old 03-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by De11s View Post
TOM might be a good thing, I bloat until right before, then a big woosh so I will be praying for the Woosh Fairy to be there for you too.
I guess I bloat right before too. Had my weigh in yesterday and coach asked me before if my period was coming or anything else she needed to know before weighing. I just said no not even thinking about it (lot's going on right now family wise). So I only lost 0.2 and she was all concerned. Well yesterday afternoon cramps started. Went on my scale this morning just to see. It is showing down 5lbs! Now I won't hold to that number for official weigh in, but wouldn't it be nice to see myself in the 170's permanately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNinerGirl View Post
Morning all.

Off to a rough start this morning. Hubby and I got into it so I'm sitting in a Starbucks getting work done while he's "home sick" (aka didn't wake up to his alarm).

Hoping for a better day from here on.
Hope your day does get better. I guess that means argument according to someone elses reply.....I thought it meant drinking last night. That's how I would have worded it back when we were drinking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
Ooh that sounds so yummy, care to share your recipes or a link if they are somewhere I have missed?

As for me, feel sort of blah at the moment, was running a slight fever all night and the scale isn't budging again. Realize I haven't had a bowel movement in a few days at least. I saw someone mention Metamucil is that allowed OP? Or other ideas? I am getting my 4 cups of veggies in each day. I get at least 64 ounces of water each day, normally average 100.

Thanks Peeps and have a wonderful weekend!
There is always smooth move. I just found it in Canada and tried it. It seems to work. Doesn't taste so good. I actually added another decafe tea bag of peach ginger to it to mask the taste. But things are moving smoothly.....

Everyone is complaining about me being on this site waiting for my attention, yet they are planning on going to McDonalds later so I am trying to tell them this is my thearpy and helps me get through sitting at mcdonalds. Soon this mcdonalds stuff is going to stop. A special treat with their dad today though so will let it slide. Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Lisa, where did you get Dr. Tran's new book? I didn't see anything on the website nor Amazon.
THanks!
Denise
Old 03-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 232.2/ticker/132

Height: 5"4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
Your feeling sad because of the estrogen that is being released into your blood stream. Fat cells carry estrogen so as you lose weight the estrogen goes into your blood stream and wreaks havoc with your hormonal levels. I went through this also. It did go away after about three weeks. In addition to that carbs actually help the production of one of the happy chemicals in our brain ( seratonin maybe?) so its a double wammy.
That makes sense - thank you!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildviolets View Post
Lisa, where did you get Dr. Tran's new book? I didn't see anything on the website nor Amazon.
THanks!
Denise
At my IP clinic. I think that is the only place you can get them.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks! I'll ask.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #45  

Quote:
I had WI today and down 1.8. I did the plan perfect this week, but found out I was drinking too many of the pre-mad shakes. They are much higher in fat than the powder shakes. My coach said that I should only have one every other day - makes sense, they were just so yummy, filling and convenient. Anyone else have this happen?

I am going to integrate a hard boiled egg in the morning and reduce my protein in the evening. Waiting to eat my protein until the family dinner at 6-6:30 has been very hard!

You got a great answer re: sadness. Another thing to consider is the just overall withdrawal from food behaviors. We don't have food to run to anymore. You'll feel better, I promise!

Now, re: RTDs
Ugh! Another coach trying to "tweak" a program that needs no tweaking! I wish they'd learn this causes frustration, uncertainty, and makes people feel like they're doing something wrong when they are not!

You are doing the plan exactly right! You can have 2 non-restricteds and 1 restricted every day. If the 2 non-restricteds are ready-to-drinks then you are 100% on plan! Drink away my dear! And eat your restricteds. If the plan wanted you to only have them a few times per week, it would be written that way.

Remember, the people who wrote the actual plan know WAY MORE than your coach, who has had some training from either the company or from another person (coach/rep).

You can even have that HB egg AND all your protein, if you want. Many people have 2 egg whites (that's a 0/0/0, where the whole egg has some fat)

I often have my snack in the late afternoon, rather than after dinner. I'm a teacher and an after-school snack has been part of my life for (omg...) 45 years! (since kindergarten...I'll be 50 next Mon). If I do that and I STILL need something in the evening, (which is rare) I grab a collagen packet (rasp jello or blue/cran/pom drink) as an extra for the day.

Eat all your foods (restricteds too) and I bet you'll feel better. Some of us here have found we lose BETTER when restricteds are included (same with making ultra-sure the oil is added to food every day)!

Keep up the good work! A 1.8 loss is better than the alternative (0 loss or a gain!). The scale is headed in the direction you want it to head!

edit: I just noticed your WIs in your sig. Do I see a sad face associated with a 7" loss? Please tell me that's not what I see! We celebrate ALL losses on this board, knowing that the first week or 2 will always be bigger than later, as we settle in to the "real work" of losing weight over the long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
(BTW, anyone in the market for a very lightly used Wii and Wii Fit? I'm willing to take a reasonable offer to avoid the whole Ebay hassle. They're in the original boxes and are like new. I just don't use them anymore.)
Hey! Where were you in Dec? Ebay is a hassle!
I got my set for a reasonable price but would have loved to keep the $ in the "family".
Just razzin' you. I know it will find a good home. Mine is being used a lot more in Feb than it was in Jan. In March my goal is no more than 5 empty spaces on the calendar....and 4 of them I'll be out-of-town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildviolets View Post
Thanks! I'll ask.
My coach had to order me one. She now has 3-4 on a table in the clinic

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-01-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Closed Thread