Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #1  

Default Re-evaluating goal weights

When I started this, I decided that 120 pounds would be my goal weight. I'm 5'5". But I have only lost 2 pounds in the past 2 months on Phase 1. I weighed in at 137 a week ago and I have no desire to get on a scale right now.

So at what point should I rethink my goal weight?
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:02 PM   #2  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

You might want to just adjust based on if you are happy or not with what you see in the mirror.

When I changed mine, I made the decision based on the body fat percentage I would like to be. I may have to tweak my goal again when I get closer.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

When I was deciding on a goal weight, I had a VERY rough number in my head, but I knew that number was fluid.

I chose to phase off when I felt I was at a comfortable weight/size (one that I wouldn't have to kill myself to maintain), when I felt ready to start exercising and when I MENTALLY felt like I was up to the challenge of P3 and maintenance.

Could I have gone lower? Yes. I've continued to lose weight in P3 so that tells me I probably could have aimed lower than I did. But I don't want to set myself up for failure and lose so much weight that it's a herculean effort to keep myself at that weight in maintenance. I want to be able to eat, exercise, and be happy with the way I look and feel without stressing about any of it.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
You might want to just adjust based on if you are happy or not with what you see in the mirror.

When I changed mine, I made the decision based on the body fat percentage I would like to be. I may have to tweak my goal again when I get closer.
That is the thing though. I can find fat here and fat there, no problem. But every once in awhile, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and get scared because I see skin and bones of someone who is clearly too skinny.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom View Post
That is the thing though. I can find fat here and fat there, no problem. But every once in awhile, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and get scared because I see skin and bones of someone who is clearly too skinny.
It might be time to phase off and then start toning. I have heard that body shape will continue to change in maintenance and even out more.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
I don't really think the goal should be eliminating every ounce of fat on our bodies. We are all built differently - I am ALWAYS going to be curvy, my body is just built to carry a little extra padding and I'm fine with that. If you are feeling like you have already lost more weight than you are comfortable with, you should definitely consider phasing off.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I don't really think the goal should be eliminating every ounce of fat on our bodies. We are all built differently - I am ALWAYS going to be curvy, my body is just built to carry a little extra padding and I'm fine with that. If you are feeling like you have already lost more weight than you are comfortable with, you should definitely consider phasing off.
I went to bed having decided that I would move to Phase 2 today. But, as a last hurrah, I weighed myself and I am down to 135.6. On Monday, I just started taking my thyroid meds in the middle of the night since I had been taking my supplements 30 minutes after taking them (for the last 5 months.) Now I have a nice 4 hour minimum before, between, and after the 2 doses of thyroid meds.

So that still leaves me with the fear that I am going to mess something up by changing things now. The diet does nothing for me if the hormones are off. Losing weight tells me that I am heading in the right direction.

So how does one conquer the fear of coming off Phase 1?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #8  
IP Start date 12/18/12

S/C/G: 228.4/171/165

Height: 5 ft 10 inches

I keep wondering about changing mine either ten more or ten less than what I've got. But, I think I'm going to leave it alone. For now. I want to check my BMI before i do anything and, for me, it'll also matter when I see the results of some blood work I'm going to have done in about 3 weeks.
BeccaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Ustasmom,

How tall are you?
I am 5 feet tall and I am still not thin at 123 lbs. I am a size 10. If you ate 5 foot 4 and 135, you caould possibly be thin enough size 6 or even 4 and be ready to phase off. I know I look skeletal at a size 4, I am petite and carry in my boobs. I think it sounds like its time to phase off. I think you will need eat a healthy diet and exercise to maintain. I always have done so. I eat enry healthy and execrcise and my extra 30 lbs were due to overeating during preganancy. I ve been very thin my whole life, never above 105. But it takes allot of hard work, eating right and lifting weights and doing cardio at least 3 days a week, thats my input, Good Luck
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 167/152/145

Height: 5'4

I really know how you feel right now. My DH and some of my coworkers(who are like brothers to me) are actually getting mad that I want to keep losing weight. They get huffy and puffy and just say that I need to be careful and not get too skinny. I think they are just being protective, which I appreciate. However, I've seen huge progress in the shape of my body with this diet and the excercise I'm doing and even now, I'm questioning what weight I should get too. I know I'm not ready to phase off but since you sound so unsure here is my suggestion. First, go with your gut feeling. If you believe you should phase off, then do it. It doesn't hurt to see how it works for you and if in a few weeks you feel like it wasn't enough, then come back. Actually, I read that alot of people do that to kick start their losses when they see a stall. Like you, I don't want to be skinny minnie. I have curves and I love that about me.. so if you think you are seeing skin and bones, I would phase off and start doing some excercise to tone up. Good Luck to you! I bet you look amazing!
DontGiveUp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
Ustasmom,

How tall are you?
I am 5 feet tall and I am still not thin at 123 lbs. I am a size 10. If you ate 5 foot 4 and 135, you caould possibly be thin enough size 6 or even 4 and be ready to phase off. I know I look skeletal at a size 4, I am petite and carry in my boobs. I think it sounds like its time to phase off. I think you will need eat a healthy diet and exercise to maintain. I always have done so. I eat enry healthy and execrcise and my extra 30 lbs were due to overeating during preganancy. I ve been very thin my whole life, never above 105. But it takes allot of hard work, eating right and lifting weights and doing cardio at least 3 days a week, thats my input, Good Luck
I am 5'5". I wear a size 6 although not in a dress. I was looking at bikinis at Victoria's Secret. Unless I buy the pieces separately, I can either buy a size for my chest but the bottoms will fall down, or a size for my bottom and my top will fall down. DH votes for the second choice. LOL
Old 03-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #12  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

I have a goal posted because I couldn't figure out how to do a ticker without a goal, but that was always just an estimate. What I really have as my goal is to eliminate all of the medical risk factors associated with size. My goals are:

1. BMI in the healthy range (less than 25)
2. Waist the right size for my height and hip ratio (less than 35 but some say no more than half your height; also, I think waist to hip ratio is supposed to be no more than .8, or something like that)
3. Body fat percentage in the healthy range (this varies depending on what you go by, but definitely less than what it is now. I may have to be in maintenance to hit this one because I might have to start lifting weights to build the necessary muscle.)

Also, I would like to be at a definite size, ie., not inbetween sizes when I stop. But I won't be able to tell that until I am closer, and working on the body fat thing may affect that as well in maintenance.

So there you go! Total confusion on my part, but I still have a ways to go before I leave phase one. Hopefully I will have it all figured out in a couple of months!

Last edited by AlisonS; 03-01-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: clarification on goal 2
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #13  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

You know I play with visualization websites to try and figure out what my target end weight should be and it's hard because I want to be out of overweight BMI region, which is 120 and lower at my height, but I prefer a curvy body and at 120 (per visualization websites) I would not be curvy. (I'm a pear shape BTW, all booty, tiny boobies).

I'm far far far away from that goal right now, but I think you have to eyeball it as well as assess how you feel and what you can maintain without being stressed out.

And if you're not already, you might do some weightlifting to tone and see how you like what you see as your body changes.

Last edited by Desafinado; 03-01-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Desafinado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Quote:
I am 5'5". I wear a size 6 although not in a dress. I was looking at bikinis at Victoria's Secret. Unless I buy the pieces separately, I can either buy a size for my chest but the bottoms will fall down, or a size for my bottom and my top will fall down. DH votes for the second choice. LOL
You are hilarious. Personally I thnk you are thin enough at your height. Especially if you are top heavy like me. I am a C-cup and thats allot for a 5 footer. My lower body is small. and my legs are thin and muscular, if I wear a loose top I look like I weigh 110 lbs. I think the tummy fat needs to be burned off by exercisiong for me. I am going to try to get to 115 and then exercise my way to looking fit above the hips. Its your choice but I would phase off. i am currently in Phase 3 for a week, my body couldnt take Phase 1, and I havent gained anything, still 122-123. But I am working out allot.
let me know what you decide
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #15  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
So how does one conquer the fear of coming off Phase 1?
Phasing out is a scary thought for me too. I think what helps is to have a plan for how you will eat during maintenance and also set some rules for when you might need a reboot. Start checking out the maintainers thread, it might give you some comfort knowing there are others who successfully phased out and are maintaining.