Re-evaluating goal weights

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I too am a little nervous about phasing out. I set my goal weight based on my twin sister's weight (nice to have someone with almost the exact same body only smaller) but I'm starting to wonder if I've set it too low. I have a lot more muscle tone then she does (thanks to being a 'farm girl' and riding my horses all the time) so I'm starting to think I may raise my goal weight a bit. I'm pretty happy with the way I look right now and would like to start working out to tone everything up but I'm nervous about coming off Phase 1. I don't feel like I'm being restricted too much right now and I find it easy to follow as I know exactly what to eat. I figure I will give it another couple of weeks to decide.
  • Quote: I too am a little nervous about phasing out. I set my goal weight based on my twin sister's weight (nice to have someone with almost the exact same body only smaller) but I'm starting to wonder if I've set it too low. I have a lot more muscle tone then she does (thanks to being a 'farm girl' and riding my horses all the time) so I'm starting to think I may raise my goal weight a bit. I'm pretty happy with the way I look right now and would like to start working out to tone everything up but I'm nervous about coming off Phase 1. I don't feel like I'm being restricted too much right now and I find it easy to follow as I know exactly what to eat. I figure I will give it another couple of weeks to decide.
    You look amazing in your pics that you post in what are you wearing thread! Even with a twin, your goal weight should still be unique to you.
  • Quote: So how does one conquer the fear of coming off Phase 1?
    Reading ahead to the maintainers thread and planning ahead. Following the protocol for phasing off really does ease you back into regular eating well - but information is power! I started reading the maintainers threads (and the reboot thread) about 2 weeks before I actually moved to Phase 2. I also devoured the Phase 3 breakfast thread, planned recipes and set up lots of the recipes in My Fitness Pal so I could get the hang of balancing the food groups. I still have questions but I felt much more prepared to deal with the changes going into it!