3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Berry Drink & Jelly (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276614-ip-berry-drink-jelly.html)

SWP 02-27-2013 07:49 PM

IP Berry Drink & Jelly

I'm obsessed with the IP Berry drink! Does anyone know of an alternative that's just as good?

Also, my IP jelly won't become jelly! I've put it in the fridge for 3-4 hours, and it's just liquid. I don't think i'm using too much water and the packet is not expired. Thoughts?

tunafish246 02-28-2013 11:04 AM

I would usually take my Jello to work for lunch. I would usually make it the night before so it had lots of time in the fridge. No idea why yours isn't becoming jelly. Maybe if it was in the fridge longer? Also make sure you use hot boiling water just like you would with any jello.

NinjaNurse 02-28-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tunafish246 (Post 4649750)
I would usually take my Jello to work for lunch. I would usually make it the night before so it had lots of time in the fridge. No idea why yours isn't becoming jelly. Maybe if it was in the fridge longer? Also make sure you use hot boiling water just like you would with any jello.

I love the Raspberry jello. I have it as a treat 1or 2x a week. It's not a complete protein, ask Lisa or Scorbett about it, so I use it as an extra packet.
The drink is great too. I will deffo utilize it more this Summer!!

IdealProteinNewbie 02-28-2013 12:16 PM

I'll bump the thread I started regarding the collagen products...I finally got an official answer from IP Headquarters awhile back.

SpittenImage 02-28-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWP (Post 4649024)
I'm obsessed with the IP Berry drink! Does anyone know of an alternative that's just as good?

Also, my IP jelly won't become jelly! I've put it in the fridge for 3-4 hours, and it's just liquid. I don't think i'm using too much water and the packet is not expired. Thoughts?

A good alternative IP Berry drink, that tastes great is Proti-Diet Liquid Concentrate Grape.

SWP 02-28-2013 10:50 PM

Thanks! I just realized I wasn't using boiling water - and it totally becomes jelly when it's in the fridge longer!!

Danif 03-02-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaNurse (Post 4649810)
I love the Raspberry jello. I have it as a treat 1or 2x a week. It's not a complete protein, ask Lisa or Scorbett about it, so I use it as an extra packet.
The drink is great too. I will deffo utilize it more this Summer!!

What do you mean when you say it's not a complete protein? I use it as a meal, should I not be doing that?

lisa32989 03-02-2013 01:17 PM

IdaelProteinNewbie bumped a thread a few days ago
I'll link to it here

Collagen is NOT a Complete protein. It is why protein diets used to get a bad rap. People got sick.

How often to use the collagen Packets