A little confused

• I had my weigh in today, but my usual coach was not there and somebody else was filling in. No problem with me, but for some reason she asked me how I did between lunch and dinner. Now we usually eat dinner on the late side because my husband has a LONG commute (1.5 hours on a light traffic day, but there are few of those in DC) and we try to wait for him to get home. So I told her the truth--I save my lunch time protein for an after school (work) snack. She said that was a bad idea, and she wants me to eat a packet with my lunch, then eat an extra packet as a mid-afternoon snack. I have never heard that before! I know you are supposed to eat a 4th packet if you are exercising, or maybe on an alternative protocol, but not as a regular part of Phase I w/no exercise. I am really apprehensive about doing that, afraid it might slow my weight loss. She said, trust her, it won't, and I need to not deprive myself of protein at lunch. I thought timing was not that big a deal, as long as you are getting everying in during the day. Any thoughts on all that?
  • My coach told to never go over 4hrs without eating and if I needed a 4th packet to do so. 4th packet only if I was out of control ravenous, if I exercised or if I had to because its been over 4hrs between meals. I haven't had a 4th pack since my first two weeks because I have gotten better at timing my meals. I know all coaches are different, so other people may have different advice. Oh and of course the 4th pack must be non restricted.
  • If you see your regular coach on a weekly basis and this was just a one time fill-in I'd ignore it and stick with what you're doing. You can always discuss it with your regular coach next week.

I also tend to have my noon packet around 2:30 or 3 but I also split my evening meat and have half of it at noon. Different things for different people. Everything I've read or heard says to just make sure you're having everything (and nothing else but lettuce) and it's all good.
  • If it is working for you then don't worry. Many of us tweak the plan to fit us using the 2 packets and 1 restricted a day. No, I don't mean changing and eating anything off plan for those who read the "tweak" comment the wrong way. I eat my restricted at 4pm because that is when I am really hungry. I have lost fine doing this so Im not changing it and you have lost a BUNCH of weight so you know what you are doing and what works for you
  • Thanks for the input! I think I will stick with what has worked for me and worked for my lifestyle. I have already changed my entire way of eating and looking at food, if I had to change my lifestyle and schedule so much to do this the way someone else wants me to do this, it would quickly become too much for me. I think a 60 pound loss in 21 weeks proves it is working fine for me!
    Sometimes I wonder if the coaches feel like they HAVE to give us some advice or tell us some other way to stay OP just because that is what they feel their role is. Sort of like when you get observed (those of you who work in the public school system know what I'm referring to) and your prinicipal/supervisor has to find something for you to improve on, just because that is what they are supposed to do.
  • Hmm... I always have my lunch packet around 3ish. What was her reasoning?
  • I agree Tam some places are so rigid about following the sheet and not making our schedule fit the plan or vice versa. My center just is in it to make $$. No advice, no questions and they cannot even answer the questions I have. I am doing so well with the plan that I only go every 3 weeks or so
  • We all tweak it and manage to stay 100% OP. For example, I always eat my restricted between lunch and dinner instead of after dinner. I don't want any food after dinner, no hunger then. But 3 PM? Sheesh. I eat it then. My coach said no problem. But I know others have been told other things. Do what works for you. You're losing.
  • Quote: Hmm... I always have my lunch packet around 3ish. What was her reasoning?
    I have a salad for lunch (around noon) and my lunch protein packet 3-4 because that's when I'm needing it.

Keep doing what is working for you.