Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #46  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Its a great thread to see the progress of everyone that stays 100% and gets results. Positive thoughts go a long ways
Old 02-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #47  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone! I haven't been around, but still rocking it 100%! It's so great to see all the familiar faces doing so well.

My losses are starting to slow a bit, but that's expected I guess.

My closet is in the midst of a complete overhaul. What smaller sizes I had stored have been sorted, and many are too big for me already! I was forced to go through it all to find some clothes to wear to Orlando - we leave Saturday morning!!!

I'm a little nervous about being out of my comfort zone, but know it will be fine. We will be in a timeshare with a full kitchen, so I'll pack what I need to take to the parks each day. I've got my bars, shakes and snacks ready to go. I'm so ready to get away from the snow for awhile, Orlando here we come!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #48  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
Hello everyone! I haven't been around, but still rocking it 100%! It's so great to see all the familiar faces doing so well.

My closet is in the midst of a complete overhaul. What smaller sizes I had stored have been sorted, and many are too big for me already! I was forced to go through it all to find some clothes to wear to Orlando - we leave Saturday morning!!!

I'm a little nervous about being out of my comfort zone, but know it will be fine. We will be in a timeshare with a full kitchen, so I'll pack what I need to take to the parks each day. I've got my bars, shakes and snacks ready to go. I'm so ready to get away from the snow for awhile, Orlando here we come!!!
Sounds like a great vacation, and you've got a great plan! Have a blast!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #49  

Height: magmeepEVE

Stargirl: So nice to hear from you again, and glad things are going well.

Enjoy getting out of the cold, and have a great time on your vacation. You have a great game plan to stay 100%!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Thanks for thinking of me, Newbie! I'm going to be moving into the other condo in this complex. I'm moving on March 15, so busy preparing for that. Hopefully, I can move in over a period of about a week, which would make it much easier and less stressful to move.
Oh, yay! I remember the owners were hesitant about your pets...so glad it worked out for you!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Somebody I work with greeted me with "hello skinny" yesterday. It was nice to be acknowledged since the folks who work closest to me say NOTHING. Someone else who recently acknowledged my weight loss said they are probably jealous and will remain silent. Wow. Okay. It won't stop me
Yay on the compliment!

Brush off the other person, they are completely jealous
Old 02-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Oh, yay! I remember the owners were hesitant about your pets...so glad it worked out for you!!!
The original other condo's owners were hesitant and cancelled me, but this one was fine with my cat and dog. And no carpeting in the new condo, which is wonderful. I can't wait to get in there.

Thanks so much for thinking of me, Newbie!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #53  
Started IP 1/7/13

S/C/G: 252/220/152

Height: 5'2"

I have 2 quotes typed up and pinned on my wall in my office.

"The more you fulfill what God has called you to do and you flourish in it, you can count on people trying to attack you, stop you, hold you back." This is especially true for weight loss. Don't let anyone, including yourself, keep you from reaching your goals.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison

I have been guilty of giving up on past diets when I started to really see results. I won't do that this time! This is MY LAST DIET!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #54  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Lisa, I may have to take your "no sweets" advice -- I know you were trying to stick to savoury things. I have pancakes for breakfast w syrup, choc shakes, the yummilicious bars, and have been having big cravings for "sweet" lately more and more, which makes resisting tougher and tougher. My scale isn't moving too quickly either. I'm thinking of switching to omelettes, a soup at lunch instead of my drink, and the BBQ ridges if I need a restricted to see if it curbs my cravings. Wish me luck (says the chocoholic--sniff). Pass tissue please - I'm in mourning.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #55  

I'm in mourning with you Diane!!! I said goodbye to all the bars for now as they were hard to resist "just one more". Goodbye to craving inducing bars for me!! Hopefully as I gain control I can reintroduce the bars. But I just can't do them right now!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Lisa, I may have to take your "no sweets" advice -- I know you were trying to stick to savoury things. I have pancakes for breakfast w syrup, choc shakes, the yummilicious bars, and have been having big cravings for "sweet" lately more and more, which makes resisting tougher and tougher. My scale isn't moving too quickly either. I'm thinking of switching to omelettes, a soup at lunch instead of my drink, and the BBQ ridges if I need a restricted to see if it curbs my cravings. Wish me luck (says the chocoholic--sniff). Pass tissue please - I'm in mourning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I'm in mourning with you Diane!!! I said goodbye to all the bars for now as they were hard to resist "just one more". Goodbye to craving inducing bars for me!! Hopefully as I gain control I can reintroduce the bars. But I just can't do them right now!
I think I just figured out how to multi-quote

Good for you both, recognizing that the sweets are causing issues for you is a fabulous step!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #57  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
I had a great WI today! It's been two weeks and I'm down another 2.6 pounds! I hit the 75 pound mark today!! Another couple of pounds and I'll begin Phase 2! Can't believe it!
Great well, congrats! I'll see you soon in P2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Somebody I work with greeted me with "hello skinny" yesterday. It was nice to be acknowledged since the folks who work closest to me say NOTHING. Someone else who recently acknowledged my weight loss said they are probably jealous and will remain silent. Wow. Okay. It won't stop me
Skinny is great to hear. I have to learn to not be self-defeating by responding "not really skinny but thanks". Jealously or it may be uncomfortable. I saw my Aunt this weekend who very seriously asked me if I did this on purpose or was I sick with something. It was a comment out of love and I could tell it was the reason she was hesitant to say anything in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
Loving this thread lately! I had a bit of a revelation yesterday which lead to an almost IP high This diet works! (duh right?!) I've lost 33 pounds in 8 weeks and I feel incredible! Reading the posts of all of you who are at goal or sooo close it's so inspiring and shows me that I can do it too! I'm more of a lurker than a daily poster, but wanted to chime in and say THANK YOU for all of love and support here! Happy to be part of such an amazing group of people!
Love those Ah ha! moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post

Great to hear from you. Have fun on your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my31rewards View Post
I have 2 quotes typed up and pinned on my wall in my office.

"The more you fulfill what God has called you to do and you flourish in it, you can count on people trying to attack you, stop you, hold you back." This is especially true for weight loss. Don't let anyone, including yourself, keep you from reaching your goals.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison

I have been guilty of giving up on past diets when I started to really see results. I won't do that this time! This is MY LAST DIET!!!
Those are good quotes to be inspired by. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I rarely have to stop myself from grabbing a second bar because I eat them at work and only have one with me. But they are the hardest item to savor slowly. I'm trying to eat more thoughtfully but those bars disappear so fast. I do better with the puffs or ridges.

Someone asked me about the book I'm reading but I can't remember who or what thread and haven't gone back to find the post. Hopefully it is one of you. The Carb Sensivity Program by Dr. Natasha Turner a naturopath. She also wrote the hormone diet and included a lot of similar information here. It is a great book on determining sensitivity levels, supplements to assist with loss weight and resetting your body, metabolic repair, recipes, etc. it is a good read. the start of the program is much like P1 then I'm going to try re-introducing carbs like she suggests in groups to determine if any type affects me more than others. Should be a big help in maintenance. This is where I found some good shake recipes to use for P3 breakfasts and maintenance snacks too (I'll post details in other threads).

Tonight is WI and I'm not sure what the scale will say but I know that I will now move on to P2 in the next few days once I get organized. I can feel my body saying it is time to stop, I've done all that is required.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #58  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

HA! Just as I announce to the world that I'm giving up bars, what should appear at work -- unannounced and unexpected-- but good ol' Aunt Flo!! SOOOO now I have a justifiable excuse why the scale hasn't moved BUT I'm still thinkin' I need to reduce my bars etc. because it IS a legit temptation for me. So, Pattie, we'll have our own "B.E.A"-tch meeting (that's "Bar Eaters Annonymous") and we can wHine since we can't HAVE wine! Meetings are evenings at 8:00 pm -- the hour of my temptation (well, really, we could "meet" all day as I'm tempted usually between the hours of "awake" and "asleep")
Old 02-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #59  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I have made exactly ONE breakfast recipe in the morning - all the rest I have put together the night before, and just tossed in the oven (for the ones that required cooking) when I woke up. A few are literally grab-and-go out of the fridge. P3 is just reminding me that I need to plan ahead as much as I did in P1

One super fast breakfast I have had was a suggestion from Lizzy:

3/4 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup berries
1/4 cup Bear Naked Fit granola
3 Harvestland Maple & Apple chicken sausages (takes 3 minutes to cook in the microwave)
Yum that breakfast sounds wonderful!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Someone asked me about the book I'm reading but I can't remember who or what thread and haven't gone back to find the post. Hopefully it is one of you. The Carb Sensivity Program by Dr. Natasha Turner a naturopath. She also wrote the hormone diet and included a lot of similar information here. It is a great book on determining sensitivity levels, supplements to assist with loss weight and resetting your body, metabolic repair, recipes, etc. it is a good read. the start of the program is much like P1 then I'm going to try re-introducing carbs like she suggests in groups to determine if any type affects me more than others. Should be a big help in maintenance. This is where I found some good shake recipes to use for P3 breakfasts and maintenance snacks too (I'll post details in other threads).

Tonight is WI and I'm not sure what the scale will say but I know that I will now move on to P2 in the next few days once I get organized. I can feel my body saying it is time to stop, I've done all that is required.
Thanks, KitKat! It was I who asked about the book. I just ordered it from Amazon. I know sweets are my addiction, so we'll see what this book has to say.

Congrats on moving to P2! My body isn't ready for that yet. I need to stop judging the size of my tummy by looking down at it while I'm naked.
Closed Thread